Cobb and Cowboys close to deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

revospeed

Reaction score
Are we sure that we are close to signing him? Is the OP sure that the radio said that and not that we are not close to signing him? Not seeing it anywhere else.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh please. It's accurate. You can try to label it as "unfair" because you can't admit it.

As many as he deserved when he was open. Or when a better passer in Rodgers could accurately thread the needle and get him the ball, unlike what Dak does.

Beasley was competing with a depleted Dez for balls, and that was it. Cobb was competing with Devonte Adams and Jordy Nelson for balls. They had a stable of studs to throw to, the Cowboys did not.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Interesting unprovable hypothetical.

Its a hypothetical but its also Newton's Second Law of Motion. Outside receivers take more punishment than slot guys, especially one with Beasley's game that is all about space. More punishment equals more injuries.

I have a hypothetical that Beasley would get injuried more if he lined up at Tight End, and I'm pretty confident in that one as well.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
I appreciate folks expressing their thoughts, as I've expressed mine here.

I don't see Cobb's injuries as an excuse, but cause for concern.
I understand the concern. I just believe there's pretty good evidence to suggest he's still a darn good reciever - especially as the 3rd recieving option behind Cooper and Gallup.
The idea that some have (not that you have said this) that he hasn't been *productive* when healthy is what I'm disagreeing with.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Good signing if it gets done. Hurns will have a hard time making this team at his current cap number if we get Cobb.

At this point you have to think Hurns is just insurance against an injury in training camp or he takes a pay cut to be the #4 WR next year. His salary isn't guaranteed, so they can cut him right up until the first day of the season with no downside.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Dak is a top 5 QB in the NFL. Cobb will have 80 catches and 10 tds easy. We are lucky to have one of the best in the NFL. The lack of QB production by Dak has been a fluke. Poor coaching. Now we have the most dynamic playcaller in the NFL. Heck... Cobb could have 20 tds.
I'm not on the OMYGOSH DAK IS HOF extreme side of thinking when it comes to the Dak conversation.
I'm talking about Cobb.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Beasley was competing with a depleted Dez for balls, and that was it. Cobb was competing with Devonte Adams and Jordy Nelson for balls. They had a stable of studs to throw to, the Cowboys did not.

He also had a far superior passer throwing the ball. The guy who "made" Cobb, Nelson, and Adams.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its a hypothetical but its also Newton's Second Law of Motion. Outside receivers take more punishment than slot guys, especially one with Beasley's game that is all about space. More punishment equals more injuries.

I have a hypothetical that Beasley would get injuried more if he lined up at Tight End, and I'm pretty confident in that one as well.

Have fun with your unprovable hypotheses, I'll see them for the waste of time that they are.

Kaiser

Reaction score
His last full season played was in 2015. The second of TWO in his EIGHT YEAR career.

Cobb has 8 years in the league where his number of games played were 16, 16, 15, 15, 15, 13, 6 and 9. It isn't accurate to call that "two full seasons out of eight".

Kaiser

Reaction score
Have fun with your unprovable hypotheses, I'll see them for the waste of time that they are.

iu

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I really want the player. I think he brings a physical element to the slot we haven’t had. He’ll likely be the 4th option which I think would be great here. Lining him up against teams 3rd best CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.