Twitter: Colin: Gap between Dak and Dalton is not massive

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
There is nothing more important than wins and losses to base a QB on.

You are going to have to do better than a blanket statement. As I pointed out before there are many factors that go into the outcome of games. You repeating yourself really doesn't do much.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
And yet he still throws for tons of TDs despite that. Nevermind the role that the run game and OL play in that but okay.

Tons of TD's?????

Dak Prescott TD's by year:

2020: 9

2019: 30

2018: 22

2017: 22

2016: 23

So that is an average of roughly 24 TD's per season......that is what you call tons?????

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
Playing Dalton hurt us in the long run..

We pose no threat to the Super Bowl and him winning proved nothing.

I wish we could’ve been in position to take Zach Wilson.. I think that is a risk worth taking..

Now we’re kinda just back to being mediocre and stuck in this cycle.

DAL can still get Wilson. Now there’s legs that NYJ are going to stick with Darnold and actually build an o line for him. He’s really improved the last half of the season and MIA has the 3rd pick with 2 1sts and 2 2nds, they will be a trade partner for a team to move up, MIA needs players. So 2 and 3 are there for the taking. And Lawrence and Wilson aren’t the only 2 franchise QBs in this draft.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Didn't most people want Gilbert to play ahead of Dalton?
Isn't that pretty much an indictment on Dalton?
I don't know to be honest. I take long breaks from this site at times. They might have but when I was here last before the last few days that wasn't a thing. I can't disagree with you though.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
You are going to have to do better than a blanket statement. As I pointed out before there are many factors that go into the outcome of games. You repeating yourself really doesn't do much.

I already did this pages ago.
Jake Plummer went to DEN for 4 seasons. He had a fantastic 40-17 W-L record. He went to the playoffs every year and culminated in an AFCCG in DEN. After that loss, DEN immediately drafted a QB with the 11th pick, and benched Plummer and eventually one season later traded Plummer to TB.
Wins matter. Playoffs matter. Plummer was considered “successful” in terms of consistently getting his team to the playoffs and even beating Tom Brady and Belecheat one year in the playoffs and yet Plummer wasn’t getting monster “elite” contract money and when Shanahan realized Plummer would never get him to a SB, Plummer was shipped off.
What’s interesting was after that last year, Shanahan was the AFC Pro Bowl HC. He had Peyton as one of his QBs. He started picking his brain in the film room after the pro bowl game and hours and hours later he realized he needed an elite QB to win SBs. He said he was totally amazed at Peytons knowledge of offenses including his which Peyton did not run, but they played each other and Peyton knew his offense better than any QB Shanahan ever had.

I don’t even think Dak really is at Plummer level. I guess he’s equal to him. But who cares. All the wins and passing stats just don’t matter cause your never going to win SBs with them.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I already did this pages ago.
Jake Plummer went to DEN for 4 seasons. He had a fantastic 40-17 W-L record. He went to the playoffs every year and culminated in an AFCCG in DEN. After that loss, DEN immediately drafted a QB with the 11th pick, and benched Plummer and eventually one season later traded Plummer to TB.
Wins matter. Playoffs matter. Plummer was considered “successful” in terms of consistently getting his team to the playoffs and even beating Tom Brady and Belecheat one year in the playoffs and yet Plummer wasn’t getting monster “elite” contract money and when Shanahan realized Plummer would never get him to a SB, Plummer was shipped off.
What’s interesting was after that last year, Shanahan was the AFC Pro Bowl HC. He had Peyton as one of his QBs. He started picking his brain in the film room after the pro bowl game and hours and hours later he realized he needed an elite QB to win SBs. He said he was totally amazed at Peytons knowledge of offenses including his which Peyton did not run, but they played each other and Peyton knew his offense better than any QB Shanahan ever had.

I don’t even think Dak really is at Plummer level. I guess he’s equal to him. But who cares. All the wins and passing stats just don’t matter cause your never going to win SBs with them.

Cool story and anecdote that proves absolutely nothing. False equivalence based on opinions of a situation that is not even remotely analogous posit nothing.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I didn’t ignore the other phases. Dak throws a lot of garbage time yards. Check the link above.

Sorry but I am not going to make an argument for you and given that you cannot even restate the argument the article supposedly makes to back up the claim I give you less credence.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
Cool story and anecdote that proves absolutely nothing. False equivalence based on opinions of a situation that is not even remotely analogous posit nothing.

Actually it’s exactly the same, son.
Dak isn’t even Jake Plummer on his worst day.
But those passing stats....LOL

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Actually it’s exactly the same, son.
Dak isn’t even Jake Plummer on his worst day.
But those passing stats....LOL

You seem to think repeating something over and over again is going to make it true. It's boring. I'm going to do something else.

Ciao.

Shane612

Reaction score
I want to see more Gilbert actually.

Gilberts always had talent and he looked like he belonged in the NFL against Pittsburgh.
He did perform well.......for an experienced young QB.
But, more often than not, he'll have the same issues as 99% of young QB in his situation.

Shane612

Reaction score
And even though that was the consensus I stuck to my opinion on the subject..

Now here we are.
Same here.
Given his time in Cinci, I knew he would be ok.
I think he is just now getting comfortable with K. Moore's offense.

Shane612

Reaction score
TRY THIS COMPARISON !!!!!
Dak- 27 yrs old
Dalton - 33 yrs old
THATS 6 “NFL YEARS” DIFFERENCE!!!!
THOSE ARE LIKE DOG YEARS MAN!!!!!
YOU WANT TO BUY AN OLD DOG OR A YOUNG DOG???!!!!!!
I’M BUYING THE YOUNG DOG......CAUSE HE’S GONNA LIVE LONGER.....DUH!!!
SO I’M WILLING TO PAY MORE.....DUH!!!!
C’MON MAN !!!! THIS AIN’T ROCKET SCIENCE

So, just being a devil's advocate....
If the cowboys are close to contending for a championship, as Jerry may believe, Jerry may let Dak walk, and go with Dalton for a year or two, while grooming a young QB for a year or two. I think Dalton will be happy sign a two year $25,000,000.00...or somewhere around that figure.
You can't say Jerry isn't crazy enough to do it.

KB1122

Reaction score
In the Dak vs. Dalton quarterback controversy, how many people are like me:

Checking the OTHER box.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Colin expounds on his comments about the Dallas QB situation from yesterday:

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Colin also had Wentz as a top 5 nfl QB when year started, a qb god . He’s literally the last guy you’d want advice from for QBs. He’s entertaining though.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Colin also had Wentz as a top 5 nfl QB when year started, a qb god . He’s literally the last guy you’d want advice from for QBs. He’s entertaining though.

Wasn't Wentz a top 5 QB before he got hurt the year they won their SB? The guy was tearing it up and was on pace for an MVP season. He really hasn't been the same since coming back from the injury only to injure his back the following year.