Combine Chatter Thread

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I would state that even mock drafts from last week won't mean much come April 28th. That's just the nature of the workouts, pro days, interviews, medical exams, etc.

But that mock was even more dubious. It was even before the deadline for underclassmen to declare.

Alexander

Reaction score
Yeah, I forgot Troy Aikman and Peyton Manning were 2nd rounders at the end of their senior seasons.

No they weren't. Unless a December mock from a San Diego paper said so.

Aikman was shaking Landry's hand the week of the Cotton Bowl during practices. Odd for a second round pick to get that kind of treatment.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I forgot Troy Aikman and Peyton Manning were 2nd rounders at the end of their senior seasons.

No they weren't but plenty of players have risen up draft boards in the months prior to the draft. This isn't new with Wentz.

In fact, I even told you in a DM about 2 months ago that he would rise into the 1st round. He's small school. People aren't as familiar with him as they are Goff. Just like they didn't know Ware as well when his season ended.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Goodell: The Green Bay Packers are now on the clock.

McCarthy: We're up.

Gutekunst: Yeah, what do you wanna do, boss?

Thompson: ~deep in thought while gazing the board~......see if the San Diego Union-Tribune has an archives section online.

I'll try to get that paper for you... you can keep it with your Pets.com stock certificates.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No they weren't but plenty of players have risen up draft boards in the months prior to the draft. This isn't new with Wentz.

In fact, I even told you in a DM about 2 months ago that he would rise into the 1st round. He's small school. People aren't as familiar with him as they are Goff. Just like they didn't know Ware as well when his season ended.

I'm more than comfortable seeing how this plays out.

I've said right along if the Cowboys believe there is a franchise QB at #4, then you take him. No questions asked and you won't get a quibble out of me.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Alright kids, now shut up so we can watch this second group of DL's run. There shouldn't be a single person on this forum who should be happy with our DL right now.

Macnalty

Reaction score
I do not discount that mock draft because it is from San Diego but because it is from December 2015. It is just data, it looks reasonable here in late Feb IMO. Wentz being left out is not unusual if you have followed drafts in the past there is normally an outlier who rises. You could say Byron Jones was an Outlier until the combine last year.
Big question mark is how is Eli Apple rated so high?

Alexander

Reaction score
I do not discount that mock draft because it is from San Diego but because it is from December 2015. It is just data, it looks reasonable here in late Feb IMO. Wentz being left out is not unusual if you have followed drafts in the past there is normally an outlier who rises. You could say Byron Jones was an Outlier until the combine last year.
Big question mark is how is Eli Apple rated so high?

It is bad data. Players are in it that are not in this draft.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Nkemdiche's time: what's your guess? You've got 90 seconds.

I say 4.8. His Wikipedia page says he runs a 4.56 which is about to get updated.