Commanders | B. Lloyd lands contract extension

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
:jerk:

Henry isn't on the downward path of his career, seems he's very much in his prime

Players tend to start declining once they reach the other side of 30. Henry turns 30 this year. I was merely pointing it out.

I didn't say Henry was NECESSARILY heading down.

I was pointing out a trend and mentioning Henry's age.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Vintage said:
OK. So its ok for US to overpay for Ferguson and Rivera to lure them here...

But when the Commanders do it to Archuleta....its bad.

Gotcha.

Who exactly is this "US" you speak of Vintage. We all know you love the Skins, you should just admit it. Come out of the closet.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
Rivera came off 3 consecutive Pro Bowl appearances, and Ferg was thought to be one of the best NTs in the game, what exactly is on Archuleta's resume again? SHHHHHHHHHH

Rivera was an aging veteran OG with a back injury.

I was upset with the signing, when we could have had Wahle for a little more. Not saying Rivera won't be better next season or Wahle is necessarily better, but IMO, Wahle was better last season and is younger/healthier. Not saying Rivera is not a healthy person. I wouldn't know. But he did have a back injury. I am not saying he will always have a back injury. But he did have one last year.

Ferguson is one of the best NT's in the game? C'mon....that's a stretch. He's solid. He got off to a slow start bec. of injuries. But last season he didn't play up to his contract. Not saying he won't ever, or won't next season...(I better start including these type of statements from now one, I guess....)

Archuleta is an upgrade over their SS from last year. Maybe they overpaid for him...(but he won't see the back years of the contract anyway).

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Who exactly is this "US" you speak of Vintage. We all know you love the Skins, you should just admit it. Come out of the closet.

Stop reaching.

He is obviously a Cowboys fan. Some people simply see things as they are and not through colored glasses.

He made a valid point.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Vintage said:
Players tend to start declining once they reach the other side of 30. Henry turns 30 this year. I was merely pointing it out.

I didn't say Henry was NECESSARILY heading down.

I was pointing out a trend and mentioning Henry's age.

Henry is turning 30 this year, on the downward path of his career.

OK, Vintage, how else can you take this quote? Don't insult our intelligence by saying you didn't say something, when you clearly did. "What is the meaning of 'is' anyway?" We have proof remember. Whatever you type we can look it up.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:

Yawn.

And by yawn, I do not necessarily mean I am tired. Though, I am kind of tired now. But I am not always tired. But the yawn was my boredom with that comment. Not that necessarily all of your comments bore me. But his particular one was far fetched, and thus I found "yawn" to be equally as good of a response as your post here.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Stop reaching.

He is obviously a Cowboys fan. Some people simply see things as they are and not through colored glasses.

He made a valid point.
Of course YOU'RE gonna say that because his "seeing things as they are" is favorable to your opinion. BTW, go through the rest of his postings and read em. Most of his opinions are indefensible, illogical, and ludicrous. See post #85.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
OK, Vintage, how else can you take this quote? Don't insult our intelligence by saying you didn't say something, when you clearly did. "What is the meaning of 'is' anyway?" We have proof remember. Whatever you type we can look it up.

It is nothing more than a trend. Once again, let me explain. Once players hit 30, they tend to decline. I believe the same will happen to Henry in the next while. Not saying necessarily it will happen this season, but it could happen this season.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Vintage said:
It is nothing more than a trend. Once again, let me explain. Once players hit 30, they tend to decline. I believe the same will happen to Henry in the next while. Not saying necessarily it will happen this season, but it could happen this season.
But that's not what you said.... go look again. You said "Henry's turning 30 this year, on the downward path of his career." There are no maybes, no ifs, no qualifications of your assessment whatsoever. You didn't say players "tend to decline" when they hit 30.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Vintage said:
Rivera was an aging veteran OG with a back injury.

last I heard, that back injury occured while he was a Cowboy

Vintage said:
I was upset with the signing, when we could have had Wahle for a little more. Not saying Rivera won't be better next season or Wahle is necessarily better, but IMO, Wahle was better last season and is younger/healthier. Not saying Rivera is not a healthy person. I wouldn't know. But he did have a back injury. I am not saying he will always have a back injury. But he did have one last year.

hindsight is 20/20, and outside of age, Rivera was a solid choice with credentials, Archuleta has none

Vintage said:
Ferguson is one of the best NT's in the game?

all the scouting reports on him had him as one of the best NTs in the game, note, I said NT, not DT

Vintage said:
Archuleta is an upgrade over their SS from last year. Maybe they overpaid for him...(but he won't see the back years of the contract anyway).

I don't really see how much of an upgrade Adam is, Ryan Clark was thought to be an underrated player with potential, all the Skins did was pay more money, alot more for a minimal upgrade at SS

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
But that's not what you said.... go look again. You said "Henry's turning 30 this year, on the downward path of his career." There are no maybes, no ifs, no qualifications of your assessment whatsoever.

Because, in probability, he is. Corners tend to slow down on the other side of 30.

Hence, my statement. Call it a prediction, whatever. You are trying to take what I say and make it law. Hence my latest responses.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Of course YOU'RE gonna say that because his "seeing things as they are" is favorable to your opinion. BTW, go through the rest of his postings and read em. Most of his opinions are indefensible, illogical, and ludicrous. See post #85.

To me his comment really was broad. Moreso about the players age and not about the team he plays for.

The rest of his posts, I may need to reference on this thread and if so, I apologize for jumping the gun.

But most players, from any position, start to decline somewhat once they hit that big Three- O.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Vintage said:
Because, in probability, he is. Corners tend to slow down on the other side of 30.

just because corners tend to slow down once they reach 30, doesn't mean Henry is, again, look at the tapes, that's the best way to evaluate where a player is headed

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
He may have been the best NT in the free agency market last year.

But Wilfork, Hampton, Adams, maybe Washington were better NT's last year.

Jenkins can probably play NT too. But he was injured last year, but he is better.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Vintage said:

Hence, my statement. Call it a prediction, whatever. You are trying to take what I say and make it law. Hence my latest responses.

:laugh2: See now you're qualifying your statement, saying "in probability." But that's not what you said originally. You didn't say it was a prediction. You stated it like there was conclusive evidence that he was on the downward path of his career. Now that your backing off that statement, I can take that to mean you don't know what you're talking about.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Vintage said:
He may have been the best NT in the free agency market last year.

But Wilfork, Hampton, Adams, maybe Washington were better NT's last year.

Jenkins can probably play NT too. But he was injured last year, but he is better.

Adams and Washington aren't better NTs, in fact, Buffalo was ranked dead last or somewhere around there in defending against the run, and Washington is in the twilight of his career, he can't stay healthy anymore

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
To me his comment really was broad. Moreso about the players age and not about the team he plays for.

The rest of his posts, I may need to reference on this thread and if so, I apologize for jumping the gun.

But most players, from any position, start to decline somewhat once they hit that big Three- O.

The ones that tend not too, are the ones with some speed they can afford to lose, the Darrell Greens, Ty Laws, Deion Sanders, etc.

Not saying all corners with speed can last longer...nor saying a not-elite speed corner cannot last long either....

But generally. (though, not always)

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:

yeah I quoted his original statement... in post #85. I believe the original is on page 3 or 4 if you'd like to reference it.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
Adams and Washington aren't better NTs, in fact, Buffalo was ranked dead last or somewhere around there in defending against the run, and Washington is in the twilight of his career, he can't stay healthy anymore

I never denied Washington wasn't in the twilight of his career. That being said, he is still a good NT. Occupies space and eats up blockers.

Same with Adams. Ferguson struggled in our scheme last year.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
:laugh2: See now you're qualifying your statement, saying "in probability." But that's not what you said originally. You didn't say it was a prediction. You stated it like there was conclusive evidence that he was on the downward path of his career. Now that your backing off that statement, I can take that to mean you don't know what you're talking about.

No....see....I didn't intend for the statement to be taken as an absolute.

Hence, now I am being really careful how I am wording things. Though I am not always careful. Not saying I won't be careful, but I will attempt to be more careful.