Cowboys 0-3 start. it's happening!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'll let your reputation here speak for itself.
So we experience the preseason games differently. For that, you think you are a better fan than me. lol. NO! I have every right to complain about the preseason games being canceled. I lost valuable scouting information when that happened. So what if you don't value the preseason games as I do. Not everyone has the same process to get ready for the upcoming season. It affected me and you have no right to knock me for it. I'll adapt and overcome but until then I'm making my observations known... not that there are many.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I did explain myself. If you would read on into the thread, you'd know this. I'm not helping you catch up.
Below are your first 5 posts over the first several pages, and these are the kinds of things I responded to. If you finally said something in support of your comment somewhere in the middle of this thread it was only after a number of posts and pages where you claimed it was the responsibility of the other posters to prove you wrong, but not your responsibility to make your own case.

Come at me with your best debate about why I'm wrong so I can laugh at you after game 3. Bring it! (Note … you never answered the question about why a Cowboy fan would get so much joy out of an 0-3 start, and be so excited about being right about an 0-3 start, even to the extent of being eager to rub the faces of other Cowboy fans in it)

It's your forum to debate, my time will come when they are 0-3.

It's pretty simple. They will lose their first 3 games. That's all that needs to be said on my behalf. Make your case for why I'm wrong and then we can readdress this when what happens happens.

Thanks for playing. At least you made a case for how I am wrong. I'm looking forward to each of those first 3 games as my prediction becomes closer and closer to reality. It's going to happen!

I don't see many folks out there with the explanation to support your convictions of the Cowboys being a good team. Where are you? Cat got your tongue or are you afraid I might be right?

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Below are your first 5 posts over the first several pages, and these are the kinds of things I responded to. If you finally said something in support of your comment somewhere in the middle of this thread it was only after a number of posts and pages where you claimed it was the responsibility of the other posters to prove you wrong, but not your responsibility to make your own case.

Come at me with your best debate about why I'm wrong so I can laugh at you after game 3. Bring it! (Note … you never answered the question about why a Cowboy fan would get so much joy out of an 0-3 start, and be so excited about being right about an 0-3 start, even to the extent of being eager to rub the faces of other Cowboy fans in it)

It's your forum to debate, my time will come when they are 0-3.

It's pretty simple. They will lose their first 3 games. That's all that needs to be said on my behalf. Make your case for why I'm wrong and then we can readdress this when what happens happens.

Thanks for playing. At least you made a case for how I am wrong. I'm looking forward to each of those first 3 games as my prediction becomes closer and closer to reality. It's going to happen!

I don't see many folks out there with the explanation to support your convictions of the Cowboys being a good team. Where are you? Cat got your tongue or are you afraid I might be right?
Read deeper, it's out there, I promise.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Read deeper, it's out there, I promise.
Again, even if it is, it took a number of posts over a number of pages of you claiming you didn't have to explain your thoughts in the thread you started, but everyone else does. And you would have posted it after my responses to you. e that.

And, you still didn't answer the question about why a Cowboy fan would get so much joy out of an 0-3 start, and why he would be so excited to be right about an 0-3 start, and why he would be so eager to rub an 0-3 start in the face of other Cowboy fans. I can see a Cowboy fan predicting an 0-3 start, but saying they hope they are wrong, but it's hard to imagine a Cowboy fan being so giddy over the idea of an 0-3 start.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Are you a teacher? You seem to be used to assigning homework. I have no interest in your homework assignment or retaining your interest in this thread. If you don't like that then just go away.

No just trying to have you educate me on your humorous view of the current state of the Cowboys. If you can't backup the basis of your opinions you just look like a troll.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The Cowboys have had talent in the previous season but it did not matter. So it, seems to me it takes more than just talent to win. I choose to root for the Cowboys and I thought I made it clear I'm not betting on the Cowboys to go 0-3. Check with @aria on that one but I'm pretty sure I already stated that. I have no idea what you have seen to indicate to you the Cowboys won't go 0-3. Why do you think this team is better than I do? They aren't showing us anything so is it just blind faith or did you actually see something? Please tell me because I missed it.

You're right about the talent. That's where coaching comes in. I think that's where we have an advantage with McCarthy. He's a much better coach than Garrett. He's a smart coach, knows some rules that most coaches like Garrett don't know and how to use them. For example, while he was in Green Bay, his players would stand out of bounds if a kickoff was near the sideline and only touch the ball when they were out of bounds making the kickoff out of bounds. Think Garrett could ever think of that?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So we experience the preseason games differently. For that, you think you are a better fan than me. lol. NO! I have every right to complain about the preseason games being canceled. I lost valuable scouting information when that happened. So what if you don't value the preseason games as I do. Not everyone has the same process to get ready for the upcoming season. It affected me and you have no right to knock me for it. I'll adapt and overcome but until then I'm making my observations known... not that there are many.
I watch every preseason game from beginning to end. It's a great way to get a look at the young guys. But I don't watch it to see what schemes they are going to be using in the regular season because they don't use their game day stuff. They don't even game plan for the opposition. So the fact that you do shows you don't know much. Sorry, but that's just how you presented yourself.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Again, even if it is, it took a number of posts over a number of pages of you claiming you didn't have to explain your thoughts in the thread you started, but everyone else does. And you would have posted it after my responses to you. e that.

And, you still didn't answer the question about why a Cowboy fan would get so much joy out of an 0-3 start, and why he would be so excited to be right about an 0-3 start, and why he would be so eager to rub an 0-3 start in the face of other Cowboy fans. I can see a Cowboy fan predicting an 0-3 start, but saying they hope they are wrong, but it's hard to imagine a Cowboy fan being so giddy over the idea of an 0-3 start.
Did I say 0-3 would bring me joy? No! I said I would laugh at those that did not see it coming and then I would cry. I hope I'm wrong and that's not the first time I've said that. I don't want 0-3, I'm a Cowboys fan but I'm not seeing any evidence to say anything other than 0-3. You keep ignoring things I've said and implying I'm saying something different. No, there is no giddiness here over my 0-3 prediction.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No just trying to have you educate me on your humorous view of the current state of the Cowboys. If you can't backup the basis of your opinions you just look like a troll.
Just go away, there is nothing here to retain your attention. I've explained why I see no wins in the first 3 games. If you can't find the time to read that deep into the thread then I can't help you.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I watch every preseason game from beginning to end. It's a great way to get a look at the young guys. But I don't watch it to see what schemes they are going to be using in the regular season because they don't use their game day stuff. They don't even game plan for the opposition. So the fact that you do shows you don't know much. Sorry, but that's just how you presented yourself.

Well, I think Jason Garrett did. Or maybe he was just playing it the same way he would in the regular season.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You're right about the talent. That's where coaching comes in. I think that's where we have an advantage with McCarthy. He's a much better coach than Garrett. He's a smart coach, knows some rules that most coaches like Garrett don't know and how to use them. For example, while he was in Green Bay, his players would stand out of bounds if a kickoff was near the sideline and only touch the ball when they were out of bounds making the kickoff out of bounds. Think Garrett could ever think of that?
MM is a fat man that will take the Cowboys nowhere. I'll never apologize for making my observations known. We can agree to disagree.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
MM is a fat man that will take the Cowboys nowhere. I'll never apologize for making my observations known. We can agree to disagree.

Sure thing about the agreeing to disagree. Maybe I'll be wrong, but I do think that MM will do well with us.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did I say 0-3 would bring me joy? No! I said I would laugh at those that did not see it coming and then I would cry. I hope I'm wrong and that's not the first time I've said that. I don't want 0-3, I'm a Cowboys fan but I'm not seeing any evidence to say anything other than 0-3. You keep ignoring things I've said and implying I'm saying something different. No, there is no giddiness here over my 0-3 prediction.
Yes, you did. You talked about how eager you would be to laugh when you are proven right, and specifically how you would laugh at other Cowboy fans when proven wrong. You very clearly showed you relish the thought of the team going 0-3.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Thank you for acknowledging there is something to be gain by watching the preseason games. I never said I watch preseason games to see what schemes are being used. I'm much like you, I watch to see which young guys are doing well. I do get an idea of the scheme by watching them practice but my access to that's been shut down this season. I heard reports from the media but I need to see it.

Rocky, you have a nasty habit of critiquing the poster rather than the post. You don't like my message so you attack the messenger. Do your credibility a favor by focusing on the message rather than the messenger. Insulting my football intelligence does nothing for your counter-argument. I like you as a poster so I give that bit of advice as a friend.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Sure thing about the agreeing to disagree. Maybe I'll be wrong, but I do think that MM will do well with us.
I made my observation known. I don't see anyone else saying it so I think it is bold of me to speak my mind when it's honestly what I see.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yes, you did. You talked about how eager you would be to laugh when you are proven right, and specifically how you would laugh at other Cowboy fans when proven wrong. You very clearly showed you relish the thought of the team going 0-3.
Learn to read an entire post before you respond to it. That way you don't respond with such foolishness. No charge for that good advice. ;)

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I made my observation known. I don't see anyone else saying it so I think it is bold of me to speak my mind when it's honestly what I see.

And you may be right. I just don't think we know yet. Let me ask you this. Take yourself back to 2003. How did you think Bill Parcells would do? Keep in mind, he'd been out of coaching for a few seasons then.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Learn to read an entire post before you respond to it. That way you don't respond with such foolishness. No charge for that good advice. ;)

This was your entire initial post. Pretty simple read, and nothing about what I wrote is contradicted by this. You clearly are relishing the idea of an 0-3 start, and the thought of being able to laugh at fans that think the start won't be 0-3.

Come at me with your best debate about why I'm wrong so I can laugh at you after game 3. Bring it!