Cowboys 0-3 start. it's happening!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Same here as far as scouting this team. I enjoy being able to see where we have strengths and weaknesses. However, let me ask you this. Don't you think it's possible that McCarthy may be trying to hide what he's implementing for the offense? I do agree that this much secrecy isn't helpful, but maybe that's how McCarthy likes it? I don't recall him being all out there like Garrett and others are when he was coaching with the Packers. As for Dak, I don't think the Rams will crush Dak. I think he has ample weapons to get the ball out quickly.
McCarthy is an enigma to me. I'm not familiar with how he operates. Maybe you're right about him. We'll just have to wait and see.

As for the Rams defense... Aaron Donald worries me and he's not happy about the fans not being allowed in the stadium. If he is angry I'm pretty sure that's bad for Dak. No doubt, Dak has ample weapons but he won't have ample time.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
McCarthy is an enigma to me. I'm not familiar with how he operates. Maybe you're right about him. We'll just have to wait and see.

As for the Rams defense... Aaron Donald worries me and he's not happy about the fans not being allowed in the stadium. If he is angry I'm pretty sure that's bad for Dak. No doubt, Dak has ample weapons but he won't have ample time.

I suspect a lot of players aren't too happy about the no fans bit. I don't doubt that Dak will get pressured a fair amount and probably sacked a few times. I mean, Donald is a monster. But, at the same time, I think he'll be alright.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I suspect a lot of players aren't too happy about the no fans bit. I don't doubt that Dak will get pressured a fair amount and probably sacked a few times. I mean, Donald is a monster. But, at the same time, I think he'll be alright.
I won't be convinced of anything until I see it for myself. I'm just glad the wait to see what we have is growing short. This is the longest time I've ever waited to see real football since the early '70s when I first became a Cowboys fan.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Talent? Where? This team just went 8-8 and now they are keeping things all secretive. The talent is not there until I see it. No preseason games, the BS Blue/White scrimmage showed me nothing. Where is this talent? The fat coach is a heart attack waiting to happen. He makes no difference until he shows me something. I refuse to be spoonfed progress reports from the BS media. I want to see it with my own eyes or it did not happen.

Badman....lol.:muttley:...don't you know we are the off-season Superbowl winners every year!!!
Big Mike was unemployed for a year anyone wonders why?
How he let Kellen be shoved down his throat by Jerry doesn't phase anyone here?
The fact that our team has a serious problem producing points against good teams is a non-factor with this crowd.:omg:
After 25 years of misery, you are correct in your assessment that it needs to be seen before its celebrated!!!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Badman....lol.:muttley:...don't you know we are the off-season Superbowl winners every year!!!
Big Mike was unemployed for a year anyone wonders why?
How he let Kellen be shoved down his throat by Jerry doesn't phase anyone here?
The fact that our team has a serious problem producing points against good teams is a non-factor with this crowd.:omg:
After 25 years of misery, you are correct in your assessment that it needs to be seen before its celebrated!!!
This new fat coach we have isn't impressing me. I don't care how big you are, you can buy a suit that's tailored to fit. He's looked stuffed in every suit I've ever seen him wear. It bothers me. How much BS is he going to put up with? Kellen Moore? How did he survive the ax swinging that was going on in the spring? Fat man has been running this Training Camp likes it's Area 51, won't allow any reporting during practice and even then no reports on formations or who's playing where. This secretive nonsense drives me nuts.

plasticman

Reaction score
The Cowboys have too much talent and they would have to be so monumentally unlucky to.......

Never mind.....I'm out.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys have too much talent and they would have to be so monumentally unlucky to.......

Never mind.....I'm out.
LOL, I see where you were going with that and then wised up enough not to finish it. The Cowboys have wasted rosters full of talent before. If you dare challenge them to waste the talent they have now, they will find a way to do it.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This new fat coach we have isn't impressing me. I don't care how big you are, you can buy a suit that's tailored to fit. He's looked stuffed in every suit I've ever seen him wear. It bothers me. How much BS is he going to put up with? Kellen Moore? How did he survive the ax swinging that was going on in the spring? Fat man has been running this Training Camp likes it's Area 51, won't allow any reporting during practice and even then no reports on formations or who's playing where. This secretive nonsense drives me nuts.

We ask ourselves why we haven't even played in a Championship game in 25 years?
The answer is Jerry Jerry Jerry.
Now check this out on how Jerry GM functions.
Our #1 problem last year was the offense's inability to produce points early and against good defenses.
So who do we keep....the offensive coordinator Mr. Kellen Moore!:omg:
Now folks when the #25 becomes 26-27-28 years remember who our GM is and who is destined to replace him when he kicks up his boots.....another JONES!:(

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We ask ourselves why we haven't even played in a Championship game in 25 years?
The answer is Jerry Jerry Jerry.
Now check this out on how Jerry GM functions.
Our #1 problem last year was the offenses ability to produce points early and against good defenses.
So who do we keep....the offensive coordinator Mr. Kellen Moore!
Now folks when the #25 becomes 26-27-28 years remember who our GM is and who is destined to replace him when he kicks up his boots.....another JONES!:(
Jerry isn't going to be around much longer. When that time comes, Stephen better have better sense than to appoint himself GM. The thought of that just darkens my already bad mood. :angry:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I disagree. We have a new coaching staff that is installing a completely new scheme on offense and defense. Other teams have a good degree of continuity going forward that we don't have. It's a disadvantage that we'll have to overcome.
It is not a “completely new scheme on offense”. Kellen Moore is still running the same offense as last year with some of MM’s plays thrown in. Terminology is the same. Not sure what team you are following but this was established months and months ago when Moore was retained by MM.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Maybe so. The cancellation of preseason games has obliterated my ability to scout this team. That's all I have to go by other than what they reveal to us at practice which is extremely little this year. I am only speaking for me and what I have been able to discern. I honestly think they are hiding things because they are going to suck against other pro teams. This much secrecy is not needed. Its a damn game and they are taking the fun out of it. The Rams defense is going to crush Dak.
Pre-season games have always been and always will be a poor way to evaluate a teams future success. They’re running vanilla schemes on both sides of the ball, playing a vast majority of non-starters and not coaching to win. I’m starting to understand why you believe 0-3. You have no clue about football.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I won't be convinced of anything until I see it for myself. I'm just glad the wait to see what we have is growing short. This is the longest time I've ever waited to see real football since the early '70s when I first became a Cowboys fan.

Was that because the seasons were shorter?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's pretty simple. They will lose their first 3 games. That's all that needs to be said on my behalf. Make your case for why I'm wrong and then we can readdress this when what happens happens.
If that's all that needs to be said on your behalf, than all that needs to be said by someone that disagrees is that they disagree, and they can address it when it happens. Face it, you are trying to put a standard on others you aren't willing to apply to yourself. If you don't have to explain yourself, they don't either.

conner01

Reaction score
If it turns out good for us then I'm all for it but meanwhile, it's driving me nuts trying to figure out what's going on with the team.
As a fan hungry for some football I was disappointed in the scrimmage, and the coverage of camp
But I do see where the secrecy can be a competitive advantage

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Talent? Where? This team just went 8-8 and now they are keeping things all secretive. The talent is not there until I see it. No preseason games, the BS Blue/White scrimmage showed me nothing. Where is this talent? The fat coach is a heart attack waiting to happen. He makes no difference until he shows me something. I refuse to be spoonfed progress reports from the BS media. I want to see it with my own eyes or it did not happen.

Lol, please provide a more detailed analysis of this talentless team position by position so we can better understand. Film breakdown is preferred. We would like to assess how talented you're in evaluating talent yourself and not just trolling.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Come at me with your best debate about why I'm wrong so I can laugh at you after game 3. Bring it!

Dallas has the talent to win, you can pull for whomever you choose that is any fans right and if you are betting on Dallas being 0-3 to start the year that is your business, I don't see that happening and I think this team is much better than you do.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It is not a “completely new scheme on offense”. Kellen Moore is still running the same offense as last year with some of MM’s plays thrown in. Terminology is the same. Not sure what team you are following but this was established months and months ago when Moore was retained by MM.
Then why hide it? I think MM did a bait and switch and we all missed it.