Cowboys 0-3 start. it's happening!

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by JoeKing, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

14,857 Messages
    15,684 Likes Received
    Bad special teams for sure. We lost to at least the Vikings, Packers, and Jets, by my count. Poor special teams also played a role in our loss to the Bears. We also had horrendous coaching.

Rockport likes this.
  2. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

44,463 Messages
    66,122 Likes Received
    Falcons stink.

Furboy likes this.
  3. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

22,798 Messages
    19,472 Likes Received
    If it turns out good for us then I'm all for it but meanwhile, it's driving me nuts trying to figure out what's going on with the team.

conner01 likes this.
  4. JoeKing

22,798 Messages
    19,472 Likes Received
    They aren't revealing anything about how his new offence is going to look so I just assume the worst. Why? What have you heard?

5. JoeKing

22,798 Messages
    19,472 Likes Received
    Just like how no one had a clue on what to expect from Dak his rookie year? Are you saying that helped him go 13-3?

6. JoeKing

22,798 Messages
    19,472 Likes Received
    I can't do that. I can't trust what the voice on the radio is telling me. I'm a visual person, I need to see what they are doing. Preseason games help me understand things are getting accomplished at training camp.

Furboy likes this.
  7. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Moderator

81,692 Messages
    58,963 Likes Received
    Why would you do that?

Rockport likes this.
  8. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

14,857 Messages
    15,684 Likes Received
    Oh, I agree. But, on the bright side, all 32 teams are in the same boat with no preseason. So, there's that. It is an even playing field on that.

9. PAPPYDOG

PAPPYDOG "Dak 666" Zone Supporter

10,091 Messages
    14,940 Likes Received
    :muttley:
    Heard the waterboy was also slacking off......

10. JoeKing

22,798 Messages
    19,472 Likes Received
    Because it's the only reason that makes sense to me why they would be doing everything to that degree of secrecy.

11. Kingofholland

Kingofholland Well-Known Member

1,698 Messages
    1,543 Likes Received
    Talent and coaching is why they won't. Now troll away....

12. JoeKing

22,798 Messages
    19,472 Likes Received
    I disagree. We have a new coaching staff that is installing a completely new scheme on offense and defense. Other teams have a good degree of continuity going forward that we don't have. It's a disadvantage that we'll have to overcome.

13. RGV_C_Los

RGV_C_Los Well-Known Member

3,718 Messages
    8,863 Likes Received
    thanks for the heads up... I’ll start watching at game 4 :cool:

14. JoeKing

22,798 Messages
    19,472 Likes Received
    Talent? Where? This team just went 8-8 and now they are keeping things all secretive. The talent is not there until I see it. No preseason games, the BS Blue/White scrimmage showed me nothing. Where is this talent? The fat coach is a heart attack waiting to happen. He makes no difference until he shows me something. I refuse to be spoonfed progress reports from the BS media. I want to see it with my own eyes or it did not happen.

PAPPYDOG likes this.
  15. JoeKing

22,798 Messages
    19,472 Likes Received
    You feel free to start watching whenever you want to. :cool:

16. Cebrin

Cebrin Well-Known Member

2,670 Messages
    2,572 Likes Received
    So the best offense last year will be worse because Garrett is gone? :muttley: You should switch from Pot to Coccaine. Worked in the 90's.

Jstopper likes this.
  17. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

14,857 Messages
    15,684 Likes Received
    I'm not saying Dak and others didn't have a hand in several of those losses (though, I argue that the Vikings loss was not Dak's fault. He played well that game. I digress). However, we had some abysmal special teams in the Jets, Packers, and Vikings games.

18. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

14,857 Messages
    15,684 Likes Received
    I get that about the continuity. However, I am not so sure that the loss of preseason will be all that difficult for us to overcome. Especially with the Rams to lead off. I expect McCarthy to keep it sort of simple and slowly unveil some of his ideas. Plus, I expect Moore will probably use a fair amount of what went well last year as McCarthy implements his system.

19. JoeKing

22,798 Messages
    19,472 Likes Received
    Maybe so. The cancellation of preseason games has obliterated my ability to scout this team. That's all I have to go by other than what they reveal to us at practice which is extremely little this year. I am only speaking for me and what I have been able to discern. I honestly think they are hiding things because they are going to suck against other pro teams. This much secrecy is not needed. Its a damn game and they are taking the fun out of it. The Rams defense is going to crush Dak.

Furboy likes this.
  20. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

14,857 Messages
    15,684 Likes Received
    Same here as far as scouting this team. I enjoy being able to see where we have strengths and weaknesses. However, let me ask you this. Don't you think it's possible that McCarthy may be trying to hide what he's implementing for the offense? I do agree that this much secrecy isn't helpful, but maybe that's how McCarthy likes it? I don't recall him being all out there like Garrett and others are when he was coaching with the Packers. As for Dak, I don't think the Rams will crush Dak. I think he has ample weapons to get the ball out quickly.