Cowboys decade-long track record of under-investing in team suggests that Jones family is not in it

Chasing6

Reaction score
Not what I said.

But cash spend and cap hit aren't the same.

That is the fundamental component of how teams manage the cap.
Every time you spend cash it affects the cap. You can kick it down the road if you like, but it still affects the cap. Therefore you can't go find or spend and extra $100M.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Every time you spend cash it affects the cap. You can kick it down the road if you like, but it still affects the cap. Therefore you can't go find or spend and extra $100M.
yes, you can kick it down the road. and do that all the time. not all contracts start and end at the same time. so you can continuously redo contracts and push money to later. at some point, it comes due and you take a hit, but you can also spread that around.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
We weren't talking about the cap lmao. We were literally talking about Jerry's bank accounts

Words go left to right, top to bottom.

Chasing6

Reaction score
yes, you can kick it down the road. and do that all the time. not all contracts start and end at the same time. so you can continuously redo contracts and push money to later. at some point, it comes due and you take a hit, but you can also spread that around.
So how is Jerry being cheap again?

He has already kicked the can down the road and at some point has to pay for it.

Next year we have over $51M in void years between Dak, Lawrence and Cooks.

We already have $8M in Dead Cap space with Gallup.

This does not factor in Zach Martin, who could be an additional $26M in Dead Cap Space.

At some point this has to be cleaned up.

Chasing6

Reaction score
We weren't talking about the cap lmao. We were literally talking about Jerry's bank accounts

Words go left to right, top to bottom.
I know Jerry can easily find an extra $100M in his bank account to pay players. Yes, he is being cheap, because the salary cap will allow him to write a personal check to players.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So how is Jerry being cheap again?

He has already kicked the can down the road and at some point has to pay for it.

Next year we have over $51M in void years between Dak, Lawrence and Cooks.

We already have $8M in Dead Cap space with Gallup.

This does not factor in Zach Martin, who could be an additional $26M in Dead Cap Space.

At some point this has to be cleaned up.
that's also indication of bad cap management. how is it that we have 51M in dead cap and have spent the lowest cash in past 10 years.

proof that Jerry and Stephen suck in cap management.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This is speculation, not proof. It's literally in the article lol. The Jones' don't spend cash on players because they're dumb, not because they're in financial trouble lol.

Ickes ignored the fact that a) Comstock is up something like 80% in the last 5 years and b) the Cowboys are worth $10 billion so it wouldn't be hard for Jerry to find another $100m or so in investment if it was needed to pay players.
C) Jerry owns land all around the metroplex, if it grows he is in the money everytime.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It is possible he over extended himself. He is a gambler. It is not like the economy is doing well.
North Texas land is anything but a gamble..the amount my small company has bought in the last 30 days is ridiculous.

Brax

Reaction score
No, it's the fans that don't realize how good the current team is and continue to crap on the team when they are in fact good.
The last 28 years says you are wrong, I bet you believed Jerry about the secret sauce and drank a lot of kool-aide , this is what happens when you are a uneducated fan and just wave the Pom poms and actually believe anything Jerry says.

Praxit

Reaction score
..welp fellas, Jerry builds teams on "Best bang for the buck" policy. Cle has spent $$$$$$$ most in NFL

Last 10 years: Cleveland 61-101-1
Dallas 98-65

...just saying that's all. ;)..

rambo2

Reaction score
The last 28 years says you are wrong, I bet you believed Jerry about the secret sauce and drank a lot of kool-aide , this is what happens when you are a uneducated fan and just wave the Pom poms and actually believe anything Jerry says.
I'm not wrong. The current team is good. 2 decades ago has nothing to do with the current team. Are saying that the current team isn't good and will not have double digit wins?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry boot lickers only know what the taste of Jerry's boots are ........ its all they know.