CFZ Cowboys Do Not Need Dak

Dre11

Reaction score
So they look like a losing team now? Is another 10th pick happening with Rush?

It's not with Rush, it's with this defense carrying the team, if the offense continue down this pathetic. They'll be picking in the top half of the draft

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
They were 2-3 and end up with the 10th pick without him.

Pick has nothing to do with anything, i said the Cowboys were 8-1 in the last 9 games without Dak...Want to know what we are in our last 17 games without Dak?... We are 10-7...10-6 if you only count the last 16 games..but it's a 17 game season now. We are not any better of a team with Dak starting as our QB but it is costing us way more money on our cap

Blitzen

Reaction score
Stop...we're no different than any other team, we run the ball too with big leads, you're sounding ignorant.

My general point is valid. Piling up stats against one poor defense and following it with duds against better competition does not give an accurate picture of what an offense is actually accomplishing consistently. Check out my other thread-I believe I was fair and unbiased (I also threw out the Minnesota game too since Rush played and compared only points directly scored by offenses for lots of clubs). I threw out other results for clubs when the backup QB had to start or when they played backups at season’s end.

Dre11

Reaction score
Pick has nothing to do with anything, i said the Cowboys were 8-1 in the last 9 games without Dak...Want to know what we are in our last 17 games without Dak?... We are 10-7...10-6 if you only count the last 16 games..but it's a 17 game season now. We are not any better of a team with Dak starting as our QB but it is costing us way more money on our cap

Lol.... just say you don't know football, we were 12-5 with the number 1 offense in football, just a year ago. The defense had been the best defense so far that this team has seen since the 90's for 5 games. This offense with out Dak is just getting by...lol

Dre11

Reaction score
My general point is valid. Piling up stats against one poor defense and following it with duds against better competition does not give an accurate picture of what an offense is actually accomplishing consistently. Check out my other thread-I believe I was fair and unbiased (I also threw out the Minnesota game too since Rush played and compared only points directly scored by offenses for lots of clubs). I threw out other results for clubs when the backup QB had to start or when they played backups at season’s end.

It's the NFL. We play who's in front of us just like every other team, no team gets dinged for who they play, there also were 15 other teams that played those same teams. How come they didn't do what we did against them?

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Lol.... just say you don't know football, we were 12-5 with the number 1 offense in football, just a year ago. The defense had been the best defense so far that this team has seen since the 90's for 5 games. This offense with out Dak is just getting by...lol

And where did that get us when we played the most important game of the Season and we were down 23-7 going into the 4th quarter against the 49's in the playoffs? That smoke and mirrors offense of a year ago was built on garbage time stats and they folded like a dirty shirt and laid an egg with Dak leading us in the playoffs.

Dre11

Reaction score
And where did that get us when we played the most important game of the Season and we were down 23-7 going into the 4th quarter against the 49's in the playoffs? That smoke and mirrors offense a year ago was built on garbage time stats and they folded like a dirty shirt with Dak leading us in the playoffs

Lol....let's move the posts again, the playoffs has nothing to so with what they accomplished in the regular season. There were 15 other teams that played the same teams we did and they didn't do what we did. The team as a whole didn't play well , the defense was the offense, with a boat load of penalties.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Yes we do. We can’t expect the defense to hold every team we play under 20 points. Our offense is going to have to start putting more points on the board and while Rush has played well, our offense isn’t exactly lighting up the scoreboard. Dak certainly gives us a better chance to score more points. We did lead the league in scoring last year with him under center.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Lol....let's move the posts again, the playoffs has nothing to so with what they accomplished in the regular season. There were 15 other teams that played the same teams we did and they didn't do what we did. The team as a whole didn't play well , the defense was the offense, with a boat load of penalties.

Playoffs have nothing to do with anything? So why do you play the regular season? means nothing if you can't perform when it counts. So we can be the best in the regular season (which was all smoke and mirrors anyway) and then lay an egg in the playoffs and that's ok to you? That makes Dak the Man!!

Dre11

Reaction score
Playoffs have nothing to do with anything? So why do you play the regular season? means nothing if you can't perform when it counts. So we can be the best in the regular season (which was all smoke and mirrors anyway) and then lay an egg in the playoffs and that's ok to you? That makes Dak the Man!!

Playoff have nothing to what's happening now. It has nothing to do with what the team did in regular season. Playoffs start a new season and level. You need your entire team to be on point to win in the postseason.

Dre11

Reaction score

This defense right now is lights out, it's only been 5 games. This offense can't continue to put the pressure on the defense week in and week out.

Haimerej

Reaction score
I find it funny some people who blame Moore for getting pass happy are knocking Cooper for only throwing 16 times against the defending Champs when they had the lead nearly the whole game.

Haimerej

Reaction score
This defense right now is lights out, it's only been 5 games. This offense can't continue to put the pressure on the defense week in and week out.

What pressure? That defense isn't feeling pressure.

Dre11

Reaction score
What pressure? That defense isn't feeling pressure.

We're 26th in time of possession. The defense almost have to be perfect for us to win. They can't have a bad game.
You also have to worry about them wearing down.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Currently. The defense and special teams have been so good that the Cowboys are going very conservative with the game plan. Cooper is doing enough to keep the wins coming. Would have been 12/16 without the drops and possibly a lot more points. He has delivered some critical throws throughout this run. He was not bad or pathetic-the team did not ask him to pass much. Rush is still unproven though.

When Dak gets his job back, he will not have the luxury of blaming the coaches or defense or offensive line or receivers. Obviously, the team can perform just fine with the current team assets. Just win in the big games and especially January/February. That’s how you earn the respect so many fans here want others to bestow on the QB.

Things I did notice that affected the offense. Aaron Donald is really good (sorry Tyler Smith). Tony pollard is a fantastic runner, but a liability in blitz pickups. The team made some penalties that killed drives. The Cowboys did not want to risk a turnover to the point of not calling longer developing pass plays. Tried to kill the clock by running it later in the game. Will see what happens with Philly-hope Rush gets another start for more data and more of a feel for how he responds to even more pressure.
I didn't even bother to read, because the subject said everything I need to know.
Take this L

Sincerely - Not A Dakstan

Last edited:

Haimerej

Reaction score
We're 26th in time of possession. The defense almost have to be perfect for us to win. They can't have a bad game.
You also have to worry about them wearing down.

They're staying fresh out there and it's still a small sample size. Most importantly, they're putting the clamps on in the redzone. Teams eating clock running the ball and getting field goals isn't as much of an issue if the offense keeps pace, which it has.

I think too much is being made about the offensive numbers today. They had the lead basically the whole game. Why risk throwing it 20+ times against Donald/Ramsay if you don't have to? I'd say the same if Dak were under center.

Dre11

Reaction score
They're staying fresh out there and it's still a small sample size. Most importantly, they're putting the clamps on in the redzone. Teams eating clock running the ball and getting field goals isn't as much of an issue if the offense keeps pace, which it has.

I think too much is being made about the offensive numbers today. They had the lead basically the whole game. Why risk throwing it 20+ times against Donald/Ramsay if you don't have to? I'd say the same if Dak were under center.

My point is, they're on the field a lot. We're also 30th in 3rd down conversions. It's a long season.

Dre11

Reaction score

Also, while they held the lead, it still felt like at anytime the Rams could make a play to turn the game.

Dre11

Reaction score
I find it funny some people who blame Moore for getting pass happy are knocking Cooper for only throwing 16 times against the defending Champs when they had the lead nearly the whole game.

I don't know that people are complaining, I think folks know we're going to need more in the passing game going forward . I mean 102 yards passing in a passing league is putrid.

Haimerej

Reaction score
My point is, they're on the field a lot. We're also 30th in 3rd down conversions. It's a long season.

Yeah, and they've struggled against the run and I agree it's a long season. But my point was they're not giving up TDs. So drives that chew time and end up with 3 points or less aren't that big of an issue, if the offense keeps pace. They didn't in week 1 and it hasn't been an issue since then.

Funny enough, it was the consensus in week 1 that they abandoned the run too early. They stuck with it while having the lead nearly the whole game against one of the better defenses they'll face and you're criticizing them for it.