Cowboys flying in Prescott for a visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydla

Reaction score
Well they were rumored to be the 2nd highest bid for the 1st pick. I can't remember the details exactly, but I believe it was both 3rds next years 1st, 2nd and a 5th either this year or next. It might have been more than that. I'm trying to track it down, but all I can find is last years offer whenever I google Eagles + Titans trade. I believe it was Brugler was the one who reported it.

That's ton.

You'd be essentially sacrificing the tops of two straight drafts for Wentz. Oh boy.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
That's ton.

You'd be essentially sacrificing the tops of two straight drafts for Wentz. Oh boy.

Yes it is. If they want to move up bad enough, that offer indicates they are willing to give up whatever it takes to get it done.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Thats the kind of stuff that would make me stop putting any effort into the pre draft process. The damn Rams are the absolute bane of my existence. This will make 3 years in a row that they take my guy in the 1st.

Aaron
Gurley
Goff?

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
i can see it right now,

Commissioner walks on stage

"with the 3rd pick in round 2, the 34th pick overrall in the 2016 nfl draft the dallas cowboys select Dak......(Goodell bursts out laughing) Prescott.....(continues laughing walking off stage)"

CowboysZone reaction by some

"i trust Will McClay"

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
I'd sooner take that wasted third pick on Prescott and trade up for a QB that has a much higher ceiling and chance of success.

We'll revisit the discussion 4/28 around 9pm...

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Someone is in Jerry's ear whispering, 'Prescott can be like Cam Newton'

Someone needs to be in his ear whispering..."This is more like Quincy Carter...Been down that road....and it wasn't good.":rolleyes:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i can see it right now,

Commissioner walks on stage

"with the 3rd pick in round 2, the 34th pick overrall in the 2016 nfl draft the dallas cowboys select Dak......(Goodell bursts out laughing) Prescott.....(continues laughing walking off stage)"

CowboysZone reaction by some

"i trust Will McClay"

That'd be overdrafting him for sure and I think people here would agree universally that that's the case. But I don't see what's wrong with that reaction if it were to happen. Media consensus is not what determines if a pick is a good one or not. Either the guy can play, or he can't. Once he's drafted, you have to hope he can play. We went through that with Frederick just a few years back. And with Hitchens. Sometimes, the Will McClays of the world actually outsmart the Kipers and the unionjacks.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
I do believe too many media blow hards have caused this possible 2nd round reach of a debacle. See what you do to simple minds. Hopefully it's just mine.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That'd be overdrafting him for sure and I think people here would agree universally that that's the case. But I don't see what's wrong with that reaction if it were to happen. Media consensus is not what determines if a pick is a good one or not. Either the guy can play, or he can't. Once he's drafted, you have to hope he can play. We went through that with Frederick just a few years back. And with Hitchens. Sometimes, the Will McClays of the world actually outsmart the Kipers and the unionjacks.

nobody outsmarts unionjacks......

Status
Not open for further replies.