Cowboys flying in Prescott for a visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I don't think they take him at 34. If they take him in the 2nd it will be a trade up from 67.

He is not worth it.there are so many things wrong with him starting with his atrocious footwork.His arm talent is not there for a NFL starter,He is another QB like Hackenburg who takes unnecessary sacks by focusing on the rusher than keeping his eyes on his targets.going from Romo to this guy is a complete joke and i havent brought up the DUI yet.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
And whats does the date and time of the draft have to do with his statement on what he would do?

Unbeknownst to you..... At least I assume

We've had multiple conversations about thus very subject

A & B your way out

Last edited:

Kaiser

Reaction score
I love the assumption in this thread that Prescott could never develop because he isn't a first round pick, when he would be replacing a Pro Bowl QB who developed after going completely undrafted.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
This has to stop. Right now.

We have met more with him than any other QB in this draft class. It is very frightening.

Get used to him I been saying this since the SR bowl this is going to be the team's future qb

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Just because Jerry says 4-5 years, it doesn't mean they intend to manage the team that way.

It remains to be seen what they'd do if Wentz makes it to 4. He probably won't. Trading up is too expensive, so if both QBs are gone, it's Lynch or a fallback. Dak in the fourth or later is as good a fallback as any.

I don't have a problem with Dak as a developmental prospect. But we'd need a legit backup QB if we go that route. And we need to be realistic that the chances of hitting on Dak are not good. At some point, we're going to need to commit to the replacement process.

RD4 would be perfect but I think Dallas might need to trade back into the bottom of RD3. Which I isn't bad

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Does anyone actually have an argument for why they think he's a bad player in the 3rd or 4th? I saw a guy making multiple reads, making accurate throws, even throwing with anticipation. Didn't panic under pressure. His feet don't look great but I don't know anything about footwork

Because it's either qb at 4 or the draft is a bust for them. No other reason than that

reddyuta

Reaction score
I don't think most are assuming he won't develop because he's not a 1st rounder...

Indeed.there has to be some redeeming quality for a QB and I don't see any in Prescott to put in the time to develop.I would take Allen and even Hogan before him.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Indeed.there has to be some redeeming quality for a QB and I don't see any in Prescott to put in the time to develop.I would take Allen and even Hogan before him.

Well I don't see the team asking you to develop anything. So you can save your time on Sundays for predicting losses after the opposing teams first score lol

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's what Ourlads says about the kid...

"A natural leader who is durable and tough. Poised, athletic, instinctive, and smart with good field vision. Has good vertical arm strength when called on to pass downfield.

Has a quick release with accuracy in the short and intermediate game. Shows accuracy on the move outside the pocket. Has good vision, always keeping his eyes down the field.

Despite his natural running ability, he is first a passer who moves well in the picket. This past fall the Bulldog line was a team weakness, yet Prescott answered the bell time and time again after being pressured and sacked, particularly versus Alabama and Mississippi.
With a new center, the shotgun snaps were all over the place, but the veteran quarterback handled the snaps calmly with no panic and played with confidence. Has a good football IQ that he transfers his knowledge to the field.

Smooth, easy, and effortless in his get away from center a the Combine and Senior Bowl. Had a string of 288 passes without an interception. Has all the physical tools and mental capabilities to make the transition to the NFL and earn a starting position. Second/Third round."

reddyuta

Reaction score

Well I don't see the team asking you to develop anything. So you can save your time on Sundays for predicting losses after the opposing teams first score lol

I don't care a bit about your idiotic posts and predictions either, most of them are dumb and unrealistic.
Ps.I forgot to add this.LOL.

JeffInDC

Reaction score

"A natural leader who is durable and tough. Poised, athletic, instinctive, and smart with good field vision. Has good vertical arm strength when called on to pass downfield.

Has a quick release with accuracy in the short and intermediate game. Shows accuracy on the move outside the pocket. Has good vision, always keeping his eyes down the field.

Despite his natural running ability, he is first a passer who moves well in the picket. This past fall the Bulldog line was a team weakness, yet Prescott answered the bell time and time again after being pressured and sacked, particularly versus Alabama and Mississippi.
With a new center, the shotgun snaps were all over the place, but the veteran quarterback handled the snaps calmly with no panic and played with confidence. Has a good football IQ that he transfers his knowledge to the field.

Smooth, easy, and effortless in his get away from center a the Combine and Senior Bowl. Had a string of 288 passes without an interception. Has all the physical tools and mental capabilities to make the transition to the NFL and earn a starting position. Second/Third round."

Mike, stop posting an actual DETAILED scouting report on this kid. I mean, they're NEVER right about these things. Plus, Wentz/Goff are SURE FIRE STARS because everybody thinks so.................I truly wonder how many of these SAME Debbie Downers had glowing reports about RGIII, Johnny Football, or the many other BUSTS that were supposed to be superstars in this league. The fact is NO ONE TRULY KNOWS how good or bad this kid will be. So, I guess the Super Bowl Champs and the Cards (who've been one of the best teams in the league the last 3 years since QB guru Arians took over) must be stupid as well because they've also worked him out diligently and have been linked to wanting him.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Mike, stop posting an actual DETAILED scouting report on this kid. I mean, they're NEVER right about these things. Plus, Wentz/Goff are SURE FIRE STARS because everybody thinks so.................I truly wonder how many of these SAME Debbie Downers had glowing reports about RGIII, Johnny Football, or the many other BUSTS that were supposed to be superstars in this league. The fact is NO ONE TRULY KNOWS how good or bad this kid will be. So, I guess the Super Bowl Champs and the Cards (who've been one of the best teams in the league the last 3 years since QB guru Arians took over) must be stupid as well because they've also worked him out diligently and have been linked to wanting him.

he forgot the comparisons to Tim Tebow

reddyuta

Reaction score

I am sorry i dont see this at all.He does not have a good arm especially on his downfield passes and to the sidelines.I have seen mutliple games of his 2 seasons and you can look for yourself on draftbreakdown.I see a adequate release,he can actually winds it up when throwing downfield but that is common for College QBs.I also dont like his accuracy especially when he is throwing on the run.basically i disagree with this whole report.I was high on him 2 years ago when the bull dogs had a great season but the more i watched the more i was not impressed.

RS12

Reaction score
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Thick, muscular frame. Has proven over last three seasons that he can withstand a pounding. Has enough natural arm strength and hip snap to fit throws into an NFL window. Stands tall and delivers a tight spiral with over-the-top delivery. Very little windup and gets ball out with the flick of a wrist. When pocket is clean, can deliver accurate strikes around the field. Played with improved vision and care for football this season and eliminated many of the ill-fated throws that turned into interceptions in 2014. Still a work in progress, but continues to show a level of growth as a passer. Threat with his legs, scoring 37 rushing touchdowns over last three seasons and had 94 rushes of ten yards or more during that time. Can be used as goal-line rushing option. Willing to extend plays outside of pocket with legs but look to finish the play with his arm. Mentally tough enough to carry a heavy offensive burden for the Bulldogs over last three years. When protected better in 2014, showed an ability to challenge deep and strike with accuracy and touch.

WEAKNESSES
Beat up this year thanks to poor protection. When he wasn't being sacked, he was being hit hard. Not as competitive a rusher in 2015. Sacks and usage in run game might be taking a toll. Increase in short pass attempts from 86 to 208 this year reason for higher completion numbers. Accuracy on intermediate and deep throws dropped sharply. Pocket poise has been compromised. Hyper aware of pressure around him and lacks awareness to slide and find temporary shelter to make throw. Concern over pressure too often trumps ability to get through progressions. Must speed up the pace of his reads. Footwork is a mess. Slight stride onto stiff upper leg with little weight shift. Restricted follow through and too often tries to muscle throws with upper body. Throws to target rather than leading or throwing them open on short/intermediate throws. Too respectful of underneath coverage and must be more willing to challenge the defense. Needs to improve anticipation.

NFL COMPARISON
Brett Hundley

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/dak-prescott?id=2555260

RS12

Reaction score
Honestly if not one of the top 3, I'd rather limp along for two years and go all in on Josh Rosen, like 25 other teams desperate for a QB in 2018. This team has blown too many 2-4s in the last five years or so on hopes and dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.