Signed by Cowboys Cowboys hire Brian Schottenheimer as Offensive Coordinator

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The fact that so many Zoner trolls like this one are against this hire makes me feel real good about it.
A lot of us are against Dak and it doesn't stop you from thinking he's great.

Your consistency is about as good as Daks, Rocky.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was thinking MM would last 3-5 games. Now I'm thinking he may be the 1st head coach in NFL history to be let go in training camp lol

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is this organization even interested in winning anymore? No fresh faces, no fresh ideas or schemes are being infused into this team to effect a much-needed change. Nothing other than a reshuffling of existing staff.
To add insult to injury we have to listen to the incompetent duo of Jerry and Stephen, and to a lesser extent MM, defend their selection and talk it up like it’s a stroke of genius! Freaking buffoons. Is there a more incompetent FO in the NFL?

Somewhere…KM is laughing his a** off!
The plan was never to change. The only thing changing is that MM will be calling the plays. Its the same offense.

The organization wants to win but there are 2 conditions:

1. Jerry has to appear to be the architect
2. It cannot take away from future seasons. Jerry isn't going "all in". He would rather have the cowboys in the conversation every year than risk a rebuild.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Ground and pound? The Cowboys don't have the backs for that kind of offense, do they? Zeke and pollard...ground and pound!
They will if they draft Bijan Robinson or Gibbs.

Which judging by this OC hire. They probably will.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
We like our guys. Nice comfortable more for Jerry. Like a nice warm bath or a bottle of scotch.

quickccc

Reaction score
They will if they draft Bijan Robinson or Gibbs.

Which judging by this OC hire
. They probably will.
To combine Robinson or Gibbs... along with a Pollard ?

- People need to understand that the offense goes thru McCarthy .. it's gonna be McCarthy's offense , not Schott's offense.
This is not gonna be a Kellen Moore control type led offense anymore,..

- Schott is gonna run the X's and O's of the offense.... in according to how McCarthy structures it ..

- Now what i would like to see, is McCarthy getting suggestions and ideas from his OC, that could further help McCarthy, as it's been
suggested McCarthy can be set in his ways with the same ole and couldn't expand beyond that.

- When you're attacking defenses, they will also studied tendencies in game tape and try to scheme blueprints vs your offenses, until you prove
you can make in-game adjustments and counter scheme them.

- I'd strongly prefer coaches that best know how to utilize their RBs - by skill set and by rationalizing their physical use.
I think that's what we are gonna see that with McCaffrey in SF, ..that's what i am so very strongly.

phildadon86

Reaction score
To combine Robinson or Gibbs... along with a Pollard ?

- People need to understand that the offense goes thru McCarthy .. it's gonna be McCarthy's offense , not Schott's offense.
This is not gonna be a Kellen Moore control type led offense anymore,..

- Schott is gonna run the X's and O's of the offense.... in according to how McCarthy structures it ..

- Now what i would like to see, is McCarthy getting suggestions and ideas from his OC, that could further help McCarthy, as it's been
suggested McCarthy can be set in his ways with the same ole and couldn't expand beyond that.

- When you're attacking defenses, they will also studied tendencies in game tape and try to scheme blueprints vs your offenses, until you prove
you can make in-game adjustments and counter scheme them.

- I'd strongly prefer coaches that best know how to utilize their RBs - by skill set and by rationalizing their physical use.
I think that's what we are gonna see that with McCaffrey in SF, ..that's what i am so very strongly.
Yes Gibbs/Robinson and Pollard. My thing is i would put the transitional tag on Pollard. Let someone offer him. We can match or get a second round pick out of it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Do you have a MountaineerCowboy one?
I do.

E1-F79241-ABC4-41-A0-A939-204394-E1-E495.jpg

Proof

Reaction score
I appreciate the stinger you think you just threw, but no.... I didn't keep up with the advisory level consultants for the offense this past year. Now to go find some after-sun medicine for the burn you think you got in...
not to mention being here for what half a season as an advisory consultant isn't really "our guys" Now he's clearly a McCarthy guy though.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
how come?
The West Coast Offense will utilize a lot of running plays.
Most of them are fairly simple runs straight ahead, with the fullback serving as the lead blocker for the halfback, and the tight end remaining in to block as well.
Daryl Johnston was primary in that role.
At the snap, the FB will approach the line of scrimmage toward the spot where the tight end lined up.
He will look to his right and his left, identifying the first defensive threat that enters the backfield, and pick them up.
This is why a quality FB is important in the WCO scheme because a large percentage of the time the HB will be flanked out and used as the QBs safety valve.