Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign G Xavier Su'a-Filo

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
That's true, but Williams has repeatedly struggled when facing power. Not just against Short in this game.
Truth. It was evident to everyone, that he wasn't ready, but the coaching staff plugged him in as a starter anyway and hoped he would magically be better. The kid needs time, just another case of this staff not putting players in positions to succeed.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
He sucks too...... Welcome to Dallas, you will fit right in.... we have reputations for no good reasons

davidariust24

Reaction score
This is an easy fix. They need to move Collins to Left guard and Connor Williams to right tackle where his athleticism will be awesome. He is more athletic than Collins. Collins does well at tackle but I think Williams could be better because of his foot speed and he won't have to take on the sheer power of the NFL s big D tackles

kevm3

Reaction score
Connor Williams isn't a bust. The problem is the FO who got lucky with Martin and Frederick and think we can always just plug in some new rookie and get the same effect and hence not have to address anything in free agency.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Connor williams is not a bust,he is playing at 285-290.thats just not acceptable for a present day guard.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

he played 16 games last year for Texans allowing 7.5 sacks..that is not good at all..they need to just switch Williams and Collins...Williams is fast and can handle speed just now power and Collins is stout and strong and can handle both speed and power..plus Williams has played a lot of tackle in college

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's true, but Williams has repeatedly struggled when facing power. Not just against Short in this game.
stasheroo--heard someone on utube say why not maybe switch Williams and Collins...Williams can play tackle much better than trying to handle the power inside and Collins is strong and stout and can handle both power and speed

Verdict

Reaction score
With all due respect to some great posters here, if you think the Cowboys are "saving money" just for the sake of saving money then you are absolutely off base.

Do I think salary cap is a factor in decisions being made? Yes. It should be. But ability also factors into the situation.

Do I think teams are waiting until week two to bring in veterans? Yes, to some degree. If they aren't sure about a player being an upgrade that will cost them cap they are not going to lock themselves into a contract that they can't get out of if the player can't play.

This way if we bring in a player and he doesn't work out we can move on and keep churning looking for a guy who can fill the role we need him to fill. It's good business.

If you guys think they cut Bailey just to save money, then you are delusional. They cut Bailley for the same reason they cut Dez. They weren't convinced he could still perform at a high level so they moved on.

If Dez or Bailey are going to get deals this year it is most likely to happen this week, if they are viewed as probably being able to play. The risk is now a lot less for the acquiring team.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Lock Connor Williams in a buffet restaurant with a weight bench.

This! - Williams actually has great agility and movement - he is just light - some guys that just turned 21 take a couple years to get that much bigger/stronger - he actually is too lean probably - google his workouts - he will get bigger, stronger, and heavier - but give the guy a chance - sheesh - right now he might be out of position at Guard, and they knew he was lighter than most NFL oline when drafted - but bust??? Not yet - i actually like him a lot. Tyron had some issues early, and Collins had them all game too. Martin was probably one I didn't see have an issue.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This! - Williams actually has great agility and movement - he is just light - some guys that just turned 21 take a couple years to get that much bigger/stronger - he actually is too lean probably - google his workouts - he will get bigger, stronger, and heavier - but give the guy a chance - sheesh - right now he might be out of position at Guard, and they knew he was lighter than most NFL oline when drafted - but bust??? Not yet - i actually like him a lot. Tyron had some issues early, and Collins had them all game too. Martin was probably one I didn't see have an issue.

I agree.

Look how much better Taco is after 1 offseason.

My only worry with Connor is he is already a workout warrior coming out of college so I hope he hasn’t peaked in strength and size.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
With all due respect to some great posters here, if you think the Cowboys are "saving money" just for the sake of saving money then you are absolutely off base.

Do I think salary cap is a factor in decisions being made? Yes. It should be. But ability also factors into the situation.

Do I think teams are waiting until week two to bring in veterans? Yes, to some degree. If they aren't sure about a player being an upgrade that will cost them cap they are not going to lock themselves into a contract that they can't get out of if the player can't play.

This way if we bring in a player and he doesn't work out we can move on and keep churning looking for a guy who can fill the role we need him to fill. It's good business.

If you guys think they cut Bailey just to save money, then you are delusional. They cut Bailley for the same reason they cut Dez. They weren't convinced he could still perform at a high level so they moved on.

If Dez or Bailey are going to get deals this year it is most likely to happen this week, if they are viewed as probably being able to play. The risk is now a lot less for the acquiring team.

Google all of Jerry’s new business ventures. There is one about the newest billion dollar development where he states he needs all the money he can get his hands on right now. Then put two and two together and see what you think then.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The Jonathan Cooper hate is mind boggling. Either we are being cheap...(likely)...or Cooper knows it's a clown show here...and doesn't want any part of it.:rolleyes: