Signed by Cowboys Cowboys signing KJ Henry off Bengals PS

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Cowboys signed Columbo off the Bears practice squad.
Mac Colombo was waived by the Bears on September 13th, 2005, and was out of football until Dallas signed him nearly two months later on November 1st. He was not on a practice squad. We took a flyer that a pervious 1st round talent, who was waived, was over his injury from the season before and it worked out.

Great signing though.

colombo-vs-d-hall.gif

Never gets old

Columbo was signed off the Bears practice squad and did very well. Crap on it all you want, but it doesn’t change that fact.
Except it's not a fact to crap on in the first place. You do know you can look things up first before you start your "better than you fan" thing right?

https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Article/bears-release-colombo-104241312/

Last edited:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
So signing someone off Cincy practice squad is ok, but Yannick Nguakoue (a known pass rushing commodity) off Baltimore practice squad isn't? I guess his short time with Zimmer didn't leave a good impression.....oh well, it's a lost season anyway....
:hammer: .....That was the guy we should have poached.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Columbo was signed off the Bears practice squad and did very well. Crap on it all you want, but it doesn’t change that fact.

Nobody is crapping on anything rocky. Don’t be so sensitive.

Expecting the same from this player as Colombo just isn’t realistic and frankly not even fair to the player.

The odds are low. Colombo was only ever on a practice squad because his career got derailed for a while due to serious injury.

Majic

Reaction score
Mac Colombo was waived by the Bears on September 13th, 2005, and was out of football until Dallas signed him nearly two months later on November 1st. He was not on a practice squad.

Great signing though.

colombo-vs-d-hall.gif

Never gets old.
A Bill Parcells special. As he said at the time 'someone at sometime has thought very highly of this player' or words to that effect

Cmac

Reaction score
I'll applaud the Front Office.....but this was a no-brainer......had to try something to slow down, minimize, or prevent future gashing.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Remember when we got David Irving off KC's PS?
Everyone had the same reaction.
Until he single handed destroyed GB.

Maybe Henry can be Irving. But actually wants to dedicate himself to playing football seriously.
well if he is another Irving so what?
how long was he around?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nobody is crapping on anything rocky. Don’t be so sensitive.

Expecting the same from this player as Colombo just isn’t realistic and frankly not even fair to the player.

The odds are low. Colombo was only ever on a practice squad because his career got derailed for a while due to serious injury.
I agree. All I’m saying is that he may be able to help. You and others are crapping on that possibility. Don’t be so obtuse.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

David Irving is absolutely correct!

What is Jerry waiting for? Offer David Irving $2 - $3 million / year. Guaranteed he will take it.

I would go get David Irving and Randy Gregory right now. They would seriously upgrade our D-line.

Last edited:

exciter

Reaction score
So signing someone off Cincy practice squad is ok, but Yannick Nguakoue (a known pass rushing commodity) off Baltimore practice squad isn't? I guess his short time with Zimmer didn't leave a good impression.....oh well, it's a lost season anyway....
He’s a known commodity. A commodity with a well earned reputation of being A major liability vs the run!