Twitter: Cowboys to meet QB Jeff Driskel

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ShortRound131, May 6, 2021.

1. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

18,006 Messages
    19,094 Likes Received
    They moved it to this year.

Pantone282C likes this.
  2. Corso

Corso Offseason mode... sleepy time

29,588 Messages
    51,822 Likes Received
    Why would you think that?

3. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

49,484 Messages
    53,656 Likes Received
    yes a PS game. they did not cancel PS games for this year. They may cut back on them, but so far not canceled that I seen.
    they did announce the PS game against the Steelers.
    There is a thread that mentions it, about the off season practice schedules.

4. basel90

basel90 Well-Known Member

1,942 Messages
    2,314 Likes Received
    Very very true . Jerry will play his stars especially if it is a trade he can take credit for , or as he humbly admitted the blame in most cases .
    Mike is increasingly losing all credibility . He picked Nucchi , who seems like a bust , then he failed to get dalton to perform , nor fix the offensive line . Mike failed to utilize Gilbert or give him a chance to succeed. Mike picked his pal as defensive coordinator, another bust . Am wondering now that we have Quinn , why is Mike needed .

DandyDon52 likes this.
  5. Corso

29,588 Messages
    51,822 Likes Received
    Nucchi was a 7th round pick and a rook. Give me a break.
    Nobody could ever get Dalton to truly perform in his entire career.
    Gilbert? Ha!
    The offensive line was going through third stringers. Any coach would struggle.
    Nolan? Yeah, that was bad.

But really? You task the impossible upon Mike in this post.

AmishCowboy and Pantone282C like this.
  6. basel90

1,942 Messages
    2,314 Likes Received
    Saw an article on that but seems they have not cancelled PS

Corso likes this.
  7. basel90

1,942 Messages
    2,314 Likes Received
    What has Mike actually done to deserve your trust . The packers became better without him , he has made various questionable in game decisions. , not involved much in the draft , lack of judgement in player and coach selections etc etc .
    I hope you’re right as we just hope for a better coach after 10 years of jason .

8. Corso

29,588 Messages
    51,822 Likes Received
    He hasn't earned my trust, but those reasons you gave are not good reasons.

AmishCowboy likes this.
  9. Motorola

Motorola Well-Known Member

1,787 Messages
    1,292 Likes Received
    Been bouncing around the league since 2014 (6th round pick); on 7 teams - most of the time during the off-season or on practice squads; first NFL start 6 months ago to the day....243 yes, 1 TD, 1 INT, 21comp \ 38 att = 55%, 72.2 rating.
    Gilbert turns 30 y.o. on July 1st ...is he going to be a very, very late bloomer?
    Cowboys should at least bring in a vet or two with more starting experience to compete for the backup position.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
  10. Motorola

1,787 Messages
    1,292 Likes Received
    6th & 7th round picks....would be labeled training camp bodies or pet cats if both played another position other than QB.

11. hittheskids

hittheskids Well-Known Member

1,463 Messages
    2,432 Likes Received
    I think you missed my point. The broncos don't have an established starter, just the best of a mess. The teams Gilbert played with, at the time, did have a starter to unseat.

12. DandyDon52

DandyDon52 Well-Known Member

14,278 Messages
    9,371 Likes Received
    lol we they dont ! he serves no purpose really, but jerry needs him for PC's and the
    illusion that we have a HC. He may be more of a puppet than JG was.

I never thought they could pick a HC worse than JG, but somehow they managed to do it ! and jerry heard bells! not sure what kind of bells though.

basel90 likes this.
  13. Kingofholland

Kingofholland Well-Known Member

2,095 Messages
    1,940 Likes Received
    Carries a little more game experience but hes 1-8 in the starts. I suppose he can compete for backup job.

14. DandyDon52

14,278 Messages
    9,371 Likes Received
    I forget her name, but she is a Brazilian sportscaster famous down there, so do a search on that and add female to it.
    Bunch of pics of her online.

nate dizzle likes this.
  15. DandyDon52

14,278 Messages
    9,371 Likes Received
    Gilbert had that many starts, in that league that folded recently, and he was headed to the playoffs had it not folded.
    I think spurrier was his head coach.

16. DandyDon52

14,278 Messages
    9,371 Likes Received
    He was a winner in that other league that recently folded. Spurrier gave him a chance and he did good, that is why spurrier said what he did.
    The age thing isnt a big factor since he hasnt been playing and getting injured and beat up like one who had been playing for say 8 years.
    And you cant judge a guy based on one game lol.

17. chagus

chagus Well-Known Member

2,090 Messages
    2,048 Likes Received
    Don't even think that! I heard if you say his name 3 times, you will suddenly hear clapping in the distance.

18. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

25,999 Messages
    22,446 Likes Received
    What does the word, "truce" mean to you? I told you I consider the discussion closed. Now you just carry on, WTH?

19. Motorola

1,787 Messages
    1,292 Likes Received
    Cooper Rush was on the team - been with the Cowboys since signing on as an UDFA in 2017. Dallas waived him in 2020 after signing Dalton, but re-signed Rush mid-season. With his previous stint in the Cowboys system - how come Rush didn't get the nod to replace the injured Dalton in the Washington game, or start against the Eagles the following week instead of DiNucci? (McCarthy favoritism)

20. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

10,030 Messages
    6,571 Likes Received
    That's cool Joe,
    When do you see no competition as a good thing?