Cowboys To Sign RB Lache Seastrunk?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where has that ever been said?

I've seen several reports that speculate that he wants more money than teams will pay and wants enough guaranteed that a team won't just bring him to TC and then cut him if they find other options.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've seen several reports that speculate that he wants more money than teams will pay and wants enough guaranteed that a team won't just bring him to TC and then cut him if they find other options.

Can you link me to any of those? All reports I've seen are saying he's had no interest to this point, but nothing about money.

LittleD

Reaction score
If they truly think that way, their arrogance is going to seriously cost them and the team.

Maybe so but, Jerry has been convinced by the coaches and this is the way they are going to roll. Otherwise, they
would have kept their bellcow from last season.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can you link me to any of those? All reports I've seen are saying he's had no interest to this point, but nothing about money.

It would not prove anything because as I indicated, they are speculation. I have not seen any that claim to know for certain what he is requesting.

Do you really think that if he was available for a non-guaranteed veterans minimum that no team would have signed him?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Lache Seastrunk
Height: 5094
Weight: 201
40 Yrd Dash: 4.37
20 Yrd Dash: 2.53
10 Yrd Dash: 1.55
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 15
Vertical Jump: 41 1/2
Broad Jump: 11'02"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.36
3-Cone Drill: 6.81

Lance Dunbar
Height: 5081
Weight: 205
40 Yrd Dash: 4.47
20 Yrd Dash: 2.61
10 Yrd Dash: 1.54
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 11
Vertical Jump: 35
Broad Jump: 10'00"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.07
3-Cone Drill: 6.87

Based upon those stats, Dunbar is gone. :)

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Apparently, the Cowboys are serious that they really do like the backs that they have on their roster. I agree with most fans that I don't don't share their optimism here, but it is what it is. If Randle is actually capable of carrying the load, McFadden probably isn't a bad veteran option (in my book), because he can pass-protect. From there, we just need to have a RB3 who can give us something on Teams and who could fill in for Randle if he were to miss some time. *That's* not too tall an order. We're a deep enough team with a widely-known need at RB. Anybody cutting a player worth a stitch is going to hit us up for a late round pick or for one of our OLs or TEs or whatevers.

Now, if Randle can't play, we've got a bigger problem. But even still, we're talking about RB here, and not a more important position. These are guys who can routinely be found in the middle rounds and who can start and be effective early in their careers if they can just pass protect. It's probably one of the 3-4 best positions on the field to be getting by at.

I do wish we had some veteran options who didn't have so much injury history.

chris1995

Reaction score
RB Lache Seastrunk looks really fast and makes great cuts. Do you think he has a chance to make the final roster ?

rybee

Reaction score
SomberUnfoldedFlickertailsquirrel.gif

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would not prove anything because as I indicated, they are speculation. I have not seen any that claim to know for certain what he is requesting.

Do you really think that if he was available for a non-guaranteed veterans minimum that no team would have signed him?

I honestly can't say. I'll be the first to admit that the guy has been a flake since he's been in the league, but he's been a productive flake. McFadden can be a choir boy, but he'd be an oft-injured, unproductive choir boy.

The fact that Johnson is available doesn't make me automatically assume he wants big money. The fact is that free agency and the draft have come and gone and at this point, none of the players without a team are asking for or getting big money. Nobody realizes that better than Johnson and his agent.

Beggars can't be choosers.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RB Lache Seastrunk looks really fast and makes great cuts. Do you think he has a chance to make the final roster ?

My guess is they like his physical tools. It also sounds like he might have some personality issues that have kept him from otherwise sticking on a roster as a marginal contributor. I'd assume he's hear to absorb some hits in camp and that his chances of making the roster aren't good unless somebody gets hurt. But once you get to camp, you never know.

I like his build for what we want to do, though.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I honestly can't say. I'll be the first to admit that the guy has been a flake since he's been in the league, but he's been a productive flake. McFadden can be a choir boy, but he'd be an oft-injured, unproductive choir boy.

The fact that Johnson is available doesn't make me automatically assume he wants big money. The fact is that free agency and the draft have come and gone and at this point, none of the players without a team are asking for or getting big money. Nobody realizes that better than Johnson and his agent.

Beggars can't be choosers.

If I had made tens of millions already, I would not sign up to play for the minimum. Players in his situation often think a team will get desperate at some point and will then pay up to sign someone like him.