Cowboys unsure whether Elliott will be available

aria

Reaction score
I feel you know this, but I’ll explain it anyway for self gratification.

We all want our favorite team(that’s the Cowboys) to win. If a good player gets hurt for a rival team, a potential opponent, etc. then many of us feel it increases our chances of winning. Winning makes many of our lives just a little better and our football season that much more enjoyable. Not many really want a person hurt if it really comes down to serious injury. You’d have to be a potential sociopath to hope for that in a real and malicious way. On the other hand if a guy goes down for another team most honest fans can admit they are quietly pleased about it. As long as the guys not hurt severely.

That other thread was to be taken in jest and there was no maliciousness to it. Any over the top happiness about it could most likely be attributed to attempts at providing entertainment and humor on this messages board.

When you said you hope Zeke breaks both legs or whatever you said on a Cowboys message board how could anyone see that for other than what it was?
You know as well as I do that a lot of those comments weren't in jest and a lot of the people here couldn't care less if Aaron Rodgers had a massive concussion as long as it helps them win. Personally, I get much more gratification at beating a team at full strength and don't get excited about anyone being injured.

There was plenty of maliciousness, I say I hope someone breaks his legs that mailiciousmbut someone else saying he's glad another player is hurt or hopes another player is hurt so it increases the chamces of us winning isn't malicious? I disagree. They're both bad. The fact that I was flamed for saying what I said and it was all about being classless or whatever until I pointed other users here who essentially said the same thing says it all. I was classless and sick but several pages of people hoping for injuries on other teams, backed up with plenty of "likes" is now chalked up to just providing entertainment and should be taken in jest? C'mon man.

If that's the case, I provided plenty of entertainment, didn't I? A few pages worth. What I said should also be taken in jest because if all these people who claim to "know" me so well then they would know that the only reason I started this injury talk was because I called out a few others for wishing injuries on other teams but instead of people here calling them names and telling them how disgusting they were, I was called a troll.

I understand people being angry over saying I hope Zeke breaks his legs, just as those same people should be angry at the users here who make similar comments about any player on any team. But as I said, they don't, because they're hypocrites and as long as it helps the Cowboys win then it doesn't matter.

BTW, I may or may not be a sociopath and two broken legs isn't necessarily serious. I came back stronger then ever with a plate in my leg after breaking it so maybe it would do him some good and he start to take his career and life a little more seriously. A ~6 month recovery time may be what he really needs :)

aria

Reaction score
You do what you do.
This board needs you, even if they hate the fact that they do.

I enjoy you immensely for your convictions and your voice has been both positive and negative and has given multiple thoughts about this team and I'm ready for any and all backlash for supporting a dissenting opinion that has also supported the team in game threads and beyond.

Otherwise this place would be oh so boring oh so fast.
Lol, I appreciate that. They definitely don't need me but I do sometimes provide unpopular opinions that guve them an outlet to unleash their anger. Funny, how most of my positive quotes are never quoted or acknowledged, not even sure people know they exist. Granted, I have said a lot about Zeke (although I have laid off quite a bit) but there are so many other threads bashing him, Dak, JG or whoever that take my place.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Lol, I appreciate that. They definitely don't need me but I do sometimes provide unpopular opinions that guve them an outlet to unleash their anger. Funny, how most of my positive quotes are never quoted or acknowledged, not even sure people know they exist. Granted, I have said a lot about Zeke (although I have laid off quite a bit) but there are so many other threads bashing him, Dak, JG or whoever that take my place.
Go. Do.
Learn and adapt. Expand and expound.

Do...

aria

Reaction score
You just can't help yourself can you? Stay classy
Lol, c'mon dude, the guy looks like an Ewok, that's funny no matter who you are.

woECeOp.jpg

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
She's classless, 88.

How you doing today, my brother? How are your friends holding up, my man?

I am hanging in there Trouty... The only thing keeping us going is my friend Cesar is being positive, he updated us today as he got lucky. They did open heart yesterday as the bullet went past his heart and pieces hit his heart and liver... I feel for my friend who lost her dad. I found out my friends bother's finance was also hit... We are having a hard time man... I was suppose to be there, but I worked late Friday so my girl said to stay home as her sister got married Friday night. I am struggling with it

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
You've "laid off quite a bit" in a thread where you "wish the ewok broke his legs"?

Hmm.

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I am hanging in there Trouty... The only thing keeping us going is my friend Cesar is being positive, he updated us today as he got lucky. They did open heart yesterday as the bullet went past his heart and pieces hit his heart and liver... I feel for my friend who lost her dad. I found out my friends bother's finance was also hit... We are having a hard time man... I was suppose to be there, but I worked late Friday so my girl said to stay home as her sister got married Friday night. I am struggling with it
God bless your friends, 88. My prayers are with you and your friends, brother. :star:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Why, boy, injuries are good and to be hoped for...part of winning and sadly part of losing. I pray for enemy injuries...its to be prayed for!!!
Yup. Same. I don't shed a tear if we play the Skins and Normon is out, Giants with ODB, etc. We're Cowboys fans, we want to win.

But to wish injury on our own guys, just "to get back at us" is childish and disgusting.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know as well as I do that a lot of those comments weren't in jest and a lot of the people here couldn't care less if Aaron Rodgers had a massive concussion as long as it helps them win. Personally, I get much more gratification at beating a team at full strength and don't get excited about anyone being injured.

There was plenty of maliciousness, I say I hope someone breaks his legs that mailiciousmbut someone else saying he's glad another player is hurt or hopes another player is hurt so it increases the chamces of us winning isn't malicious? I disagree. They're both bad. The fact that I was flamed for saying what I said and it was all about being classless or whatever until I pointed other users here who essentially said the same thing says it all. I was classless and sick but several pages of people hoping for injuries on other teams, backed up with plenty of "likes" is now chalked up to just providing entertainment and should be taken in jest? C'mon man.

If that's the case, I provided plenty of entertainment, didn't I? A few pages worth. What I said should also be taken in jest because if all these people who claim to "know" me so well then they would know that the only reason I started this injury talk was because I called out a few others for wishing injuries on other teams but instead of people here calling them names and telling them how disgusting they were, I was called a troll.

I understand people being angry over saying I hope Zeke breaks his legs, just as those same people should be angry at the users here who make similar comments about any player on any team. But as I said, they don't, because they're hypocrites and as long as it helps the Cowboys win then it doesn't matter.

BTW, I may or may not be a sociopath and two broken legs isn't necessarily serious. I came back stronger then ever with a plate in my leg after breaking it so maybe it would do him some good and he start to take his career and life a little more seriously. A ~6 month recovery time may be what he really needs :)
In all seriousness, are you Tiffany Thompson?