Game Day Cowboys vs Green Bay Post Game Thread

alohawg

Reaction score
Weeden must be like 'hey, I could lose as good as Cassel, wth.....'

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
This comment guarantees he will be re-signed.

It put the blame on the players for not executing.

Right Kind of Guy.

Spot-on. The sarcasm and percolated wit.
Hardy will never rise above the IQ of a sea urchin. A defensive savior, is it now?
Curious, now, yes?

aria

Reaction score
Why do people keep saying this? He had a 98 qb rating and 70% completion percentage in the first two games. The last two games he was obviously rusty..0

The first game was against the Giants who were dead last in the NFL against the pass for a good amount of time and possibly have the worst pass rush in the NFL. How much did he play in the 2nd game? and we also now know how bad the Eagles are.

Not many people were complaining about rust after the Tampa game. IMOF, we were favored for a short amount of time over the Panthers solely due to his return.

Romo is Romo. Great at times, unpredictable at others with a history of choking. I'm opposite of you, I can't understand why so many people act like we would have been some unstoppable force to be reckoned with if he was healthy all season. We probably would have made the playoffs due to a horrible division and would have been beat by almost every other true playoff worthy team out there.

D1G

Reaction score
The players fight for Garrett...the problem is he puts them in a position that they are always fighting an uphill battle.

That and most players on every team try. It's not unique to Garrett.

Absolutely, agree!!!! The sheer nonsense coming from Jerry and Stephen about how great garrett is because the players play hard. Really?

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Look at the bright side. Next season is the last season we will have to hear anyone make the Garret/Landry comparisons. Whenever someone points out Garret's lack of playoffs success, some posters always mention how Landry didn't make the playoffs until his seventh year. Well, guess what? Next year is Garret's last Mulligan in that regard.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I don't think I'm in the Murray-back-to-Dallas fan club.

Just a slight dig to get you animated, mate. And another dig, don't go looking for scapegoats. This team is perfectly falling on its own pittard of arrogance without any help from outside, lad. Carry on then, eh?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Dont see us doing much next season, but if it means garrett gets fired then that is ok.

While it's difficult to predict such things (this year's cellar dweller can be next year's playoff team), there should be some schedule relief next year. They will not play Seattle, Arizona, New England or Carolina (all but Arizona were on this year's schedule) next year. They will probably play SF and whoever stinks the most in the South, along with Cleveland and Baltimore. Again, I say this knowing that schedule projecting does tend to blow up in one's face.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
perfect song for our current state of the Cowboys. a political song about the mess we have landed in. im using it loosely of course. jamming this shiz out on blast is helping me deal with the pain of this putrid team.

"I remember long ago -
Ooh when the sun was shining
Yes and the stars were bright
All through the night
And the sound of your laughter
As I held you tight
So long ago" 90s cowboys.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
What exactly did beating the Skins accomplish?

Thanks to the Eagles and Commanders sacking up today and us not, we have almost no chance to go to the playoffs so any wins at this point is just cosmetic.

Is that what we are now reduced to, rooting for cosmetic wins?

Well, compare this with your favorite non-winning college team, like Army. All they really need to accomplish to salvage a season is beat their biggest rival (Navy).

We at least beat the hated Indigenous People, as well as the Gnats and Shegulls.

That may have been our last win of the year,
and we stole that one. Felt good.

I'm not going to start rooting for someone else, even though as a kid I never liked the circus.