Game Day Cowboys vs Green Bay Post Game Thread

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Dont see us doing much next season, but if it means garrett gets fired then that is ok.

My dear boy, don't expect any such relief for another decade if Sir Jones is in charge. Nine years and a fortnight if Stephen is on the Cowboys estate being the superintendent. Garrett is like the uninvited man at tea. And he manages to stay and stay. Quite curious, right-o.

tcc0808

Reaction score
I just hate we gotta waste another season for Garrett to be fired when he shoulda been fired 3 years ago.

What will firing Garrett do? How many more games would we have won with _insert name here_?

jwitten82

Reaction score
My dear boy, don't expect any such relief for another decade if Sir Jones is in charge. Nine years and a fortnight if Stephen is on the Cowboys estate being the superintendent. Garrett is like the uninvited man at tea. And he manages to stay and stay. Quite curious, right-o.

Do all people in farmers branch speak like that?

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
eeeffff this coaching staff man headed by that princeton pencil pusher. can't believe that there are still folks who stick up for Jason Carrot. Land of Confusion.

Zman5

Reaction score
We are now worse than the Jaguars. Just let that sink in for awhile.

Speaking of Jags, I haven't seen XWalker here for a while. Did he switch teams and become a Jacksonville Parnells fan?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Do all people in farmers branch speak like that?

You jest. The townspeople are ... rustic but quite capable of holding their own with the proper people from Dallas and Plano, such as they are. The will never be in the Court of St. James, but the are good tradespeople.

D1G

Reaction score
What will firing Garrett do? How many more games would we have won with _insert name here_?

Here is what I think I know:

1. Past performance is good indication of future performance, and Garrett is a .500 coach.

2. He has lost them games in the past, especially in the 8-8 years when the win and in wouldn't have been necessary.

3. Jerry says he wants continuity with the coaching. If he woulda fired jason after the last 8-8 season and hired a better coach he would have his continuity now

aria

Reaction score
Not to mention ALL the seasons we have wasted of Romo's career.

Romo had plenty of opportunites and contributed just as much to "wasting" his own career as the coaching. It wasn't even until the past few years when so many people started jumping on the Romo band wagon. It wasn't all that long ago that most people were asking for his head and calling him "just another Danny White".

I'm not a Romo hater but I haven't conveniently forgot all the opportunites he has blown on his own. I will say he seems to have finally hit his stride over the past few years, with the occasional "old school" Romo making an appearance, but unfortunately it may be too late due to all of his injuries. Like everyone else, I'm hoping for another good year or two but he's one hit away from ending his career.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
The first game was against the Giants who were dead last in the NFL against the pass for a good amount of time and possibly have the worst pass rush in the NFL. How much did he play in the 2nd game? and we also now know how bad the Eagles are.

Not many people were complaining about rust after the Tampa game. IMOF, we were favored for a short amount of time over the Panthers solely due to his return.

Romo is Romo. Great at times, unpredictable at others with a history of choking. I'm opposite of you, I can't understand why so many people act like we would have been some unstoppable force to be reckoned with if he was healthy all season. We probably would have made the playoffs due to a horrible division and would have been beat by almost every other true playoff worthy team out there.

You keep saying Tampa as if he played that game

cowboys1981

Reaction score
We are now worse than the Jaguars. Just let that sink in for awhile.

Speaking of Jags, I haven't seen XWalker here for a while. Did he switch teams and become a Jacksonville Parnells fan?

Nah, probably just got tired of the more of the same rants on here.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I'm still mad we won last week. The non-delusional knew this season was a waste for a long time. We should've been focused on our future: 1) getting the best QB in the draft to replace Romo, and 2) getting embarrassed every week so Jones would have no choice but to fire Garrett.