Cuts and Free Agent Rumors

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Theres no way Newman is playing this season without a new, cheaper deal. He isnt worth 90% of Nnamdi or Jonathan Joseph

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Supposedly on sirius NFL radio they said it's down to cowboys and jets for nmandi. But on nfln they said niners jets and texans are front runners. Idk what the hell to believe at this point

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Bowdown27;4009402 said:
Supposedly on sirius NFL radio they said it's down to cowboys and jets for nmandi. But on nfln they said niners jets and texans are front runners. Idk what the hell to believe at this point

On twitter I saw mention of Texans, but 49'ers seriously and Jets mostly. Nothing at all about Cowboys,not sure why our fans are talking about it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bowdown27;4009402 said:

Siruius radio specifically mentioned the Cowboys?

Interesting.

If that $12 million per year number is accurate, I'd be in it to win it.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
stasheroo;4009445 said:

Interesting.

Yea but why would you possibly want the games best pass rusher to pair w/ the games 2nd best DB? That may cause some problems in a few years potentially maybe.

burmafrd

Reaction score
stasheroo;4009445 said:

Interesting.

Supposedly it being NY and Nmadi's supposed interest in the Theater made the jets think they could get a discount. Probably for anyone else you are talking at least $15 million a year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd;4009480 said:
Supposedly it being NY and Nmadi's supposed interest in the Theater made the jets think they could get a discount. Probably for anyone else you are talking at least $15 million a year.

$15 million would still be a truckload less than the $18 - $20 million you were insisting on.

I would also add that $12 million playing for America's Team would be better than $15 million with the Bucs, 49'ers or Texans.

Being the 'next Deion in Dallas' might be better for his long-term future than being 'the other cornerback' in New York.

However it goes, I'm interested to see how it plays out.

Ultimately, we may have zero interest.

JBS

Reaction score
stasheroo;4009519 said:
$15 million would still be a truckload less than the $18 - $20 million you were insisting on.

I would also add that $12 million playing for America's Team would be better than $15 million with the Bucs, 49'ers or Texans.

Being the 'next Deion in Dallas' might be better for his long-term future than being 'the other cornerback' in New York.

for you and I, yes..maybe not for Nnamdi..I want him as well...just sayin

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
Source: Vince Young is close to finalizing a deal with the Eagles - Looks like he will be a backup until Vick gets hurt

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JustDezIt;4009555 said:
Source: Vince Young is close to finalizing a deal with the Eagles - Looks like he will be a backup until Vick gets hurt

BoysTown continues!

:laugh2:

yentl911

Reaction score
speedkilz88;4009397 said:
You are correct, you are not a cap guru. Newman can be cut and the money saved would be enough to fit Asomugha's first year at 12 million a year average. The way contracts are set up the cap hit in the first year is a lot lower than the average. They also are backloaded with large base salaries.
Yes, they can cut Newman and save money but they are not going to save $9 mil on this years cap are they? I don't think that is the way it works. Sooner or later you are going to have to pay the piper. Period.

yentl911

Reaction score
speedkilz88;4009397 said:
You are correct, you are not a cap guru. Newman can be cut and the money saved would be enough to fit Asomugha's first year at 12 million a year average. The way contracts are set up the cap hit in the first year is a lot lower than the average. They also are backloaded with large base salaries.

One more question. How does getting Newman off the books this year at 9-10 mil cover the 12 mil that is being tossed around for NA? Must be new math.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
yentl911;4009570 said:
Yes, they can cut Newman and save money but they are not going to save $9 mil on this years cap are they? I don't think that is the way it works. Sooner or later you are going to have to pay the piper. Period.
You continue to show you don't understand the cap and how it works.

burmafrd

Reaction score
stasheroo;4009519 said:

there were numerous sites talking the $18 million - $20 million numbers. Sorry if you did not like it. (NOT)

burmafrd

Reaction score
Supposedly we can save $8 million this year if we cut TNew. That would probably be only about half of what it would take to sign Nmadi.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd;4009586 said:
there were numerous sites talking the $18 million - $20 million numbers. Sorry if you did not like it. (NOT)

It wasn't a matter of not liking it, but not believing it.

Keep in mind that it was the ship of fools in Oakland that were paying $15 million and ruining the cornerback market. Much like they previously ruined the market rate for safety, defensive tackle, and receiver.

Just because the Raiders are idiots doesn't mean the rest of the world would follow suit.

But who knows? Nothing is written yet.

Nirvana

Reaction score
Twitter blowing up with news that the Eagles had Rodgers-Cromartie jerseys on their website already, then took it down. So looks like Kolb to Arizona for him and a draft pick will happen soon.

Some rumor that we might be going after Jets CB Cromartie and that the Jets are going to sign Nnamdi.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
NFL: Ahmad Bradshaw took the Dolphins offer back to Giants. Tom Coughlin wants Giants to match, but GM mulling over deal.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd;4009593 said:
Supposedly we can save $8 million this year if we cut TNew. That would probably be only about half of what it would take to sign Nmadi.

For this year?

Very likely.

But think of 2013 when we'll be paying 0 dollars for Marion Barber, and 0 dollars for Leonard Davis, and 0 dollars for Roy Williams, and 0 dollars for Newman.

That's a lot of coin the team freed up for the future.

You could pay Nnamdi $20 million in that one year and not bat an eye.