Cuts and Free Agent Rumors

yentl911

Reaction score
speedkilz88;4009582 said:
You continue to show you don't understand the cap and how it works.

It does not appear that you have a firm grasp of the system either...

You are not going to save 9-10 mil this year by cutting Newman. 8 mil tops. Not enough to cover NA. Sorry.

Newman isn't going anywhere anyway. Maybe restructure but I doubt he is leaving.

DFWJC

Reaction score
JustDezIt;4009555 said:
Source: Vince Young is close to finalizing a deal with the Eagles - Looks like he will be a backup until Vick gets hurt
That offense is so loaded even Vince would do ok there for short stints.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
BEMYDADJERRY;4009616 said:
OH GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!
let's get a guy who can't name all 9 of his children.......:bang2:

anything is better than freaking Ball

yentl911

Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;4009618 said:
Cromartie? I dont want him

I am with you. we would have two of the softest corners in the league if AC was opposite Jenkins. We could run a pool on who would give up first if the score went south in a game.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
burmafrd;4009586 said:
there were numerous sites talking the $18 million - $20 million numbers. Sorry if you did not like it. (NOT)
You are really going to pass the buck on that? Dude, you have been throwing around ridiculous assumptions on how much Asomugha was going to make and was told repeatedly that you were off base and you went on and on anyway. Own it.:p:

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
JustDezIt;4009555 said:
Source: Vince Young is close to finalizing a deal with the Eagles - Looks like he will be a backup until Vick gets hurt

Good move. I wouldn't put my money on him as a leader, but for a game or two or 3, Vince can step in and keep their offense rolling. :banghead:

BEMYDADJERRY

Reaction score
dwarecwby311;4009627 said:
anything is better than freaking Ball[/quo

hmmmmm!!!!! i'll take my chances with ball under ryan.....before picking up that clown
and ball is our safety anyways not a db...

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
speedkilz88;4009633 said:
You are really going to pass the buck on that? Dude, you have been throwing around ridiculous assumptions on how much Asomugha was going to make and was told repeatedly that you were off base and you went on and on anyway. Own it.:p:

Yea but the theater.....

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I don't Cromartie either. He's a boom or bust guy. He goes for the big play or gets beat like Rihanna....too soon ? Lol

speedkilz88

Reaction score
yentl911;4009619 said:

You are not going to save 9-10 mil this year by cutting Newman. 8 mil tops. Not enough to cover NA. Sorry.

Newman isn't going anywhere anyway. Maybe restructure but I doubt he is leaving.
Try reading up on some of Adamjt13's most recent post. You don't understand how contracts are structured either.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
BEMYDADJERRY;4009639 said:
dwarecwby311;4009627 said:
anything is better than freaking Ball[/quo

hmmmmm!!!!! i'll take my chances with ball under ryan.....before picking up that clown
and ball is our safety anyways not a db...

Ball was moved back to CB

adam3313

Reaction score
just think, we could have had cromartie back in the 06 draft....he was picked RIGHT after carpenter....

jblaze2004

Reaction score
I thought ball was a FA?

But idk newman, jenkins, scandrick?, McCann seems like a good group of corners if they get pushed hard and teach right. I think McCann is going to show up. He loves watching film to pick up tips on opponents and he seems like a playmaker. I'm glad the raven didn't keep him after we let him go.:starspin

Alot of our defense was bad, well whole team, last year. I think guys took it easy and wade style rubbed off on the guys. Guys did not come in and work hard like they should of and Boy did it show.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
yentl911;4009619 said:

I assume you haven't taken my advice so I looked it up for you:

AdamJT13
Newman's cap number is $10 million. If we did cut him, his dead money is only $2 million this year. You could *easily* structure Asomugha's contract to count for less than $8 million against the cap this year.

I'm not saying that we will or should, I'm just saying that it would be possible.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4006140#post4006140

burmafrd

Reaction score
speedkilz88;4009633 said:

I was just repeating the common speculation at NFL.com, Sirius Radio, and other places like that. Stick it if you don't like it.