Twitter: Dak’s improvement by year

USArmyVet

Reaction score
My suggestion is, to put the posters that you don’t get along with on ignore.

I have no problem exchanging dialogue with those of differing viewpoints as I have had many members who do not see eye to eye with me having adult conversation but it's those that automatically resort to using hater or troll as their retort that is funny.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Last time I checked I was not addressing you with that post but you continue to do you and say the same things.
oooh...did I touch a nerve.....lesson for you....perhaps if you want to address some one particularly, then you can send them a private message instead of posting on a PUBLIC forum..

you are welcome.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
You wouldn't know reality if it shoved it's size 13 boot up your arse but you keep running with the idea that the 2 seasons were equal or better seeing as how Dak threw 67 more times for 218 more yards (3.25 yards per pattempt), 1 less TD, 4 more INT's, 23 more rushing yards on 23 more rushing attempts (1 yard per rushing attempt) and 3 more fumbles.....so not sure how 7 more turnovers with the team having 3 less wins is somehow equal to or better than 2016.

Again i think the diference you see is in the team he was on, the WR for the first half and the O-line for almost all year was not the same. If you put the 2016 team with this version of Dak do you think we would be better?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Again i think the diference you see is in the team he was on, the WR for the first half and the O-line for almost all year was not the same. If you put the 2016 team with this version of Dak do you think we would be better?
The 2016 team ran through Zeke. If Dak tried to be Mahomes on the 2016 team then it would be the 2019 team all over again.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
2018 Zeke won the rushing title by over 100 yards.

The team 100% did not lean on Dak in 2018 as you suggest and their success shows it.

Be better.

as usual you spin...

zeke ran for 200 yards less in 2018 vs. 2016....but I guess rankings matter to you now? given you just quoted a rushing title...for a specific season? he also won the rushing title in 2016 by 300 yards

like I said, amateurs like you can only glance at high level stats. specially if they have an agenda to drive..I understand. game of football is complicated and not all can have a deep understanding.
I actually looked at the first half, vs. second half of the season results for the 2018 season.....where in 2016 he was consistent, in 2018, there is a drastic jump between first half of season stats and second half of season. but you will have trouble understanding the little subtleties of football. its ok. you are still a fan. to each his own

you have to do much better than this....you have come a long way, but ways to go yet

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The 2016 team ran through Zeke. If Dak tried to be Mahomes on the 2016 team then it would be the 2019 team all over again.

The 2016 team ran through everyone, Dak had a huge part in it also....you can give all the credit to Zeke if you wish but it would be un true. Again you seem to think Dak is the only player who has been losing on this team, would you say Z. Martin has lived up to his contract by your win only standards?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
as usual you spin...

zeke ran for 200 yards less in 2018 vs. 2016....but I guess rankings matter to you now? given you just quoted a rushing title...for a specific season?

like I said, amateurs like you can only glance at high level stats. specially if they have an agenda to drive..I understand. game of football is complicated and not all can have a deep understanding.
I actually looked at the first half, vs. second half of the season results for the 2018 season.....where in 2016 he was consistent, in 2018, there is a drastic jump between first half of season stats and second half of season. but you will have trouble understanding the little subtleties of football. its ok. you are still a fan. to each his own
You, Rockport, and Roy need to get together and write a "How to football" book since every single one of you use the same exact line when you're in a corner. The "you just don't know football" line.

I can't be the only one that finds that a little suspicious.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
as usual you spin...

zeke ran for 200 yards less in 2018 vs. 2016....but I guess rankings matter to you now? given you just quoted a rushing title...for a specific season? he also won the rushing title in 2016 by 300 yards

you have to do much better than this....you have come a long way, but ways to go yet

O-line Matters, that 2016 team was much better than the 2018 team. Injuries on the o-line limited everything.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You, Rockport, and Roy need to get together and write a "How to football" book since every single one of you use the same exact line when you're in a corner. The "you just don't know football line".

I can't be the only one that finds that a little suspicious.
and you don't? really? REALLY? dude...come on

and perhaps those guys know more about football than you do...which is quite a real possibility based on what I have seen so far.

its ok though...you are still a fan...nothing wrong with that..

so what about Zeke winning rushing title by 300 yards in 2016? you seem to try to have ignored that. and 200 more yards...LOL

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
and you don't? you don't fall back on your "its my opinion"...seriously dude....

perhaps those guys know more about football than you do...which is quite a real possibility based on what I have seen so far.

its ok though...you are still a fan...nothing wrong with that..

so what about Zeke winning rushing title by 300 yards in 2016? you seem to try to have ignored that. and 200 more yards...LOL
The most successful seasons for the Cowboys since 2016 came off the back of Zeke winning the rushing title. That's no coincidence.

Dak just needs to be better if he wants to change the narrative. You and your crew aren't going to do it for him.

Nav22

Reaction score
It was....but that was a VERY VERY good team. 4 1st round picks....Dez, Witten. Not many rookies get to waltz into that kind of situation. Yes...Dak handled himself admirably. But let's not act like Dak elevated a crappy team like most starting rookie QB's have to do. See Joe Burrow and Cinci.
Didn’t the Cowboys go 4-12 the year before Dak was drafted?
:lmao2:

USArmyVet

Reaction score
like I said, some aspects were on par or better.....comp%, yards, TDs were about the same. TD% improved. other aspects slightly lower, not significantly though.....where in 2016, he leaned on the team and drove the bus (I have said that before), in 2018, the team leaned on him. the difference that gets lost on amatuers such as yourself is the first 8 games, vs. the last 8 games where we went from Allen Hurns to Cooper (not a top 20 WR). but I understand, you have an argument to win, so go ahead and spin away

Dak's TD % in 2016 was 5.0 whereas his TD % in 2018 was 4.2 so it was not better but worse.

As for 2018 game splits:

2018 First 8 Games: 149 of 237 62.9% Comp % 1,660 Yards 7.0 YPA 10 TD's 5 INT's 42 Rushes 247 Yards 2 TD's 7 Fumbles

2018 Second 8 Games: 207 of 289 71.6% Comp % 2,225 Yards 7.7 YPA 12 TD's 3 TD's 33 Rushes 58 Yards 4 TD's 5 Fumbles

So while Dak did improve his stats with the arrival of Cooper, do not forget that while Hurns was clearly not a #1 WR Dallas also had Gallup, Beasley, and Zeke still on the team.

Also keep in mind Zeke's season splits:

2018 1st 8 Games: 149 Carries 680 Yards 4.56 YPA 3 TD's 29 Catches 226 Yards 7.79 YPC 1 TD

2018 2nd 7 Games (he missed 1 game): 155 Carries 754 Yards 4.86 YPA 3 TD's 48 Catches 341 Yards 7.1 YPC 2 TD's

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I didn't know the fan rule book said you have to delusional when speaking about your favorite teams players.

It doesn't get on my nerves at all that people blindly support anything Dak the same way it shouldn't get on your nerves with people aren't completely sold on him yet.

:lmao2::lmao: Thanks for the laugh :lmao::lmao2:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
who am I making exscuses for? there is no question the 2016 team was better than the 2018 team. You can disagree but you would be wrong.
Yes, because the 2016 team had the best version of Dak. Again, it's no coincidence why the 2016 team is the best team we've had since Dak was drafted.

You're just using a O-line excuse for the 2018 team completely ignoring that if the O-line was as bad as you're trying to make it seem then how did our RB win the rushing title by over 100 yards that year?

How much help does Dak need to be successful? Goodness.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yes, because the 2016 team had the best version of Dak. Again, it's no coincidence why the 2016 team is the best team we've had since Dak was drafted.

You're just using a O-line excuse for the 2018 team completely ignoring that if the O-line was as bad as you're trying to make it seem then how did our RB win the rushing title by over 100 yards that year?

How much help does Dak need to be successful? Goodness.

Again your trying to make everything about Dak, I was saying Zekes best year was 2016 and it was...that TEAM was good...that team would be even better with the 2021 version of Dak who is now better....even Mahommes can't win without a team..Thats not Proping anyone up thats just a fact of the NFL.