Twitter: Dak’s improvement by year

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe thats your problem Papps your watching the CHeerleaders..nothing wrong with that but when your focused on something (I admit something worth the attention) your missing that there are 11 players on the field when we play offense.

Dallas didn’t score a single touchdown during their game in New England so that game is its own individual level of depressing. They managed to, surprisingly, score on their opening possessions against both Buffalo and Chicago, but after that they weren’t heard from again until the games were seemingly out of reach.

The Cowboys scored a touchdown in the fourth quarter on Thanksgiving but as mentioned, it was a pretty classic garbage time score. They recently got two touchdowns in the fourth quarter on Thursday night, but again things were pretty decisively in Chicago’s favor by that point in the game.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...r-third-quarter-touchdown-in-three-full-games

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dallas didn’t score a single touchdown during their game in New England so that game is its own individual level of depressing. They managed to, surprisingly, score on their opening possessions against both Buffalo and Chicago, but after that they weren’t heard from again until the games were seemingly out of reach.

The Cowboys scored a touchdown in the fourth quarter on Thanksgiving but as mentioned, it was a pretty classic garbage time score. They recently got two touchdowns in the fourth quarter on Thursday night, but again things were pretty decisively in Chicago’s favor by that point in the game.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...r-third-quarter-touchdown-in-three-full-games

Man your right as I look at it the whole offense was bad in that NE game for sure....we couldn't run we couldn't pass, its almost like we were playing the #1 ranked defense and they were killing our O-line.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man your right as I look at it the whole offense was bad in that NE game for sure....we couldn't run we couldn't pass, its almost like we were playing the #1 ranked defense and they were killing our O-line.

Dak 3-13 on 3rd downs.
Now someone convenience me this is a top ten QB?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak 3-13 on 3rd downs.
Now someone convenience me this is a top ten QB?

no one can your safe bud, if your going of the NE game 2 years ago your ready to let go every player we have on offense for sure.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I hope you keep this same energy if we win. I better not be seeing you try and give Dak all the credit no matter how pretty his stats may look.

I'll be sure to bring these posts back.

A. I don't root for a player, I root for a team so Im not really worried about you bringing any posts back to me as I don't say ridiculous stuff then move the goalposts.

B. As I have said 1k times no QB lifts a team, not one. And as I have said 1k times its going to take all the players and coaches on this team doing the job for us to win one....it really is that hard, Brady and BB are the outliers, when in reality the odd's are Mahommes and Reid probably wont win another because the odds are so stacked against it in the salary cap era. One bad call, one injury, salary cap casualties, other teams get better while taking your players...you keep saying it was Brady when most people will tell you its never just the QB. That Buccs team was very good and going down the stretch they became better (as did Brady) but Tom wouldn't have taken the Jets to the SB last year......

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The most successful seasons for the Cowboys since 2016 came off the back of Zeke winning the rushing title. That's no coincidence.

Dak just needs to be better if he wants to change the narrative. You and your crew aren't going to do it for him.
Ah spin yet again. Changing the argument.

This wasn't about how Dak is to be successful or not.

It was a debate over 2016 and 2018.

You spun. Or tried to spin.....you said Zeke won rushing title with 100 yards, ignoring the fact that Zeke had 200 more yards and won rushing title in 2016....

Debate of Zeke, Dak, etc. Is a separate discussion..

You either intentionally spin the debate or you have ADHD....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak's TD % in 2016 was 5.0 whereas his TD % in 2018 was 4.2 so it was not better but worse.

As for 2018 game splits:

2018 First 8 Games: 149 of 237 62.9% Comp % 1,660 Yards 7.0 YPA 10 TD's 5 INT's 42 Rushes 247 Yards 2 TD's 7 Fumbles

2018 Second 8 Games: 207 of 289 71.6% Comp % 2,225 Yards 7.7 YPA 12 TD's 3 TD's 33 Rushes 58 Yards 4 TD's 5 Fumbles

So while Dak did improve his stats with the arrival of Cooper, do not forget that while Hurns was clearly not a #1 WR Dallas also had Gallup, Beasley, and Zeke still on the team.

Also keep in mind Zeke's season splits:

2018 1st 8 Games: 149 Carries 680 Yards 4.56 YPA 3 TD's 29 Catches 226 Yards 7.79 YPC 1 TD

2018 2nd 7 Games (he missed 1 game): 155 Carries 754 Yards 4.86 YPA 3 TD's 48 Catches 341 Yards 7.1 YPC 2 TD's
Ok... language lesson

ON. PAR.....

Search it up. Show me you understand what it means and we will discuss

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

You spun. Or tried to spin.....you said Zeke won rushing title with 100 yards, ignoring the fact that Zeke had 200 more yards and won rushing title in 2016....

Whenever you're not confident in your points and you know that i'm going to come back and make you look bad you always say something along the lines of "spin away'.

You've been found out. Stay in your lane.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

When they get stuck in a corner they either lie about what you said or move the goal posts.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Whenever you're not confident in your points and you know that i'm going to come back and make you look bad you always say something along the lines of "spin away'.

So really you dont believe the 2016 team was better than all the ones that came after? I you put the 2021 version of Dak on the 2016 team you dont think it would improve? You were rushing for 5ypc it crushes a team when you can do that, literally Dak throws a way better deep ball now than he did in 2016...he is a better QB now and if he was this version of himself we would have a much better chance of winning one with that 2016 team. PA plays would have been bigger, again it doesnt need to be Zeke vs Dak....its needs to be Zeke and Dak for it to work.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Cowboys were first in passing yards per game with Prescott (381.4) and 28th without him (204.9) last year. Just proves that Dak does all he can to carry the team. A team with the worst defense in Cowboys history. It’s also the reason he scored his contract. Because he deserves it.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So really you dont believe the 2016 team was better than all the ones that came after? I you put the 2021 version of Dak on the 2016 team you dont think it would improve? You were rushing for 5ypc it crushes a team when you can do that, literally Dak throws a way better deep ball now than he did in 2016...he is a better QB now and if he was this version of himself we would have a much better chance of winning one with that 2016 team. PA plays would have been bigger, again it doesnt need to be Zeke vs Dak....its needs to be Zeke and Dak for it to work.
The 2016 team was better than the ones that came after because 2016 Dak was better than the other versions that came after.

I don't know what the 2021 version of Dak will look like, so I'm not sure why you keep bringing that up. He's coming off a season ending injury and we've not seen him play a single snap yet, so I can't answer that.

I'll use the 2020 Dak instead, and no, I do not think 2020 version of Dak would have made the 2016 team better because he would have took away from that teams strengths. That is running the ball. If he would be bus driver Dak (the best version of him) then maybe we would be better, but that's impossible to say because Dak wants to be pass happy now. It all depends on if Dak wants to do whats right for the team to succeed or what's right for his own stats. That's impossible to conclude.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The 2016 team was better than the ones that came after because 2016 Dak was better than the other versions that came after.

I don't know what the 2021 version of Dak will look like, so I'm not sure why you keep bringing that up. He's coming off a season ending injury and we've not seen him play a single snap yet, so I can't answer that.

I'll use the 2020 Dak instead, and no, I do not think 2020 version of Dak would have made the 2016 team better because he would have took away from that teams strengths. That is running the ball. If he would be bus driver Dak (the best version of him) then maybe we would be better, but that's impossible to say because Dak wants to be pass happy now. It all depends on if Dak wants to do whats right for the team to succeed or what's right for his own stats. That's impossible to conclude.

Why would it take away from it? so you would rather have PA passes at 10 yards then at 50? His deep ball is better now. The game plan doesnt depend on what Dak wants, its derived by coaches...Coaches generally call whats working. There are times we should have ran when we passed and times we should have passed when we ran....KM needs to sort this out, thats not on Dak and Zeke. I lost my mind when we were playing the Vikes and tried to run 3 times in a row when passing was working, again thats not on Zeke that was on the O-line and what the defense was giving us. Some times i think some on this forum don't think the coaches do anything....most SB teams the last 15 years have a good coach attached to them. MCCarthy has one and may be good but its really hard to judge anyone from last years team based on how crazy it was.

Qcard

Reaction score
Ooooh, what an insult!

Wasn’t that a historically great rookie season, arguably the very best in the history of the NFL?

You’re not good at this.
:lmao2:
Yes…Dak has to live up to Offensive Rookie of Year ALL Pro Season every Season of his career according to Dak Haters, but that was Romo’s team :lmao:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

sure thing......

I have to say you are learning grass hopper.....what are you afraid of? you keep wanting to push me away....but I guess anyone would have that reaction when they have been exposed so often...

and you avoid when you are uncomfortable. its actually cute

spin away