Twitter: Dak’s improvement by year

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I guess you do not read much of Rockhead's posts as the majority of the them are Dak heralded attempts hence why the propping him up comment.

Here is the thing, its a Cowboys fan forum, it's not so far fetched that every other thread puts Cowboys players in a good light. You don't think Dak is great and thats ok, but you come in hard at the OP then get mad when he comes back at you....all I'm trying to say is if you want good debate then you can choose how you post your opinions to get them.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Here is the thing, its a Cowboys fan forum, it's not so far fetched that every other thread puts Cowboys players in a good light. You don't think Dak is great and thats ok, but you come in hard at the OP then get mad when he comes back at you....all I'm trying to say is if you want good debate then you can choose how you post your opinions to get them.

No, the thing is the OP (aka Rockhead) and others resort to name calling and insults toward anyone that fails to bow down to Dallas players all while providing statistical evidence of their opinions/viewpoint......and the frustration of those members isn;t from the immature childish name calling but that those members are allowed to do so with impunity while others who attempt the same thing are punished.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Care to explain just how this graphic, that clearly shows 2016 as Daks best season, shows that he is somehow getting better and better?

2017 was worse that 2016, 2018 was worse than 2016, and 2019 was worse than 2016.

2020 was 4 1/2 games. Contrary to what you and your buds here want so badly to believe, the season is longer than 4 games. Shocker, I know.

So, i'll wait, but I have a feeling, if you reply to this at all, that you will just have some emotional responds with out any substance calling me a "hater" or "troll" because you can't get out of your feels long enough to see things for how they are.
actually 2018 was on par or better than 16 on many aspects....just dig into the details of the stats. you will find out if you actually cared......

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I like Dak also, but there's other QBs that have also not proved anything that I like better and I think have a much better chance of being successful than Dak.

I know, that's just CRAZY to believe, huh?
in your opinion that is...just want to make sure you provide that clarification :)

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
No, the thing is the OP (aka Rockhead) and others resort to name calling and insults toward anyone that fails to bow down to Dallas players and hurl accolades on all of them......and the frustration isn;t from the immature childish name curling but that those members are allowed to do so with impunity while others who attempt the same thing are punished.

I mean you are literally calling him names while complaining about him calling people names....tell me you see how that looks? If you enjoy this board and would like to debate opinions without the name calling, you can choose to do so. If you are just sounding off and want to make sure it continues, well you can do that too it seems.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not crazy it's when you attack everything other cowboys fans say good about Dak it gets a little hard to see your "I like Dak also" narrative. Just say you don't like him, most on here will be like..ok whatever. First it was wins, then that didn't fit your Watson thing so you moved your goalposts to stats...which you clearly said before mean nothing. Yesterday it was consistancy, but that didn't fit your Josh Allen thing so you moved it to playoff wins...lets just say if the Cowboys need new goalposts your the man to call.
:hammer:

its called a spin
and when all else failed...its my "opinion"

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I do like Dak, and I have no reason not to like him, but don't have to profess my love for him the way you guys do. I'm not here to satisfy you or anyone eases needs.

Again, You or anyone else cannot and will not tell me how I should be a fan of my team and it's players.

Get out of your feels and stop being so emotional about it.
have you ever said anything positive about Dak? given in our "opinion" rankings, he is 11 on your list

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm way more worried about the team around our quarterback than I am about our actual quarterback. Rank Dak wherever you want, he can hold his own. If the Cowboys keep playing with low intensity it's not going to matter.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No, the thing is the OP (aka Rockhead) and others resort to name calling and insults toward anyone that fails to bow down to Dallas players all while providing statistical evidence of their opinions/viewpoint......and the frustration of those members isn;t from the immature childish name calling but that those members are allowed to do so with impunity while others who attempt the same thing are punished.
did you just point fingers at the admins, that they don't punish posters...because they favor some over others and you are victim in all of this.

come on dude...your reputation of the past attacking everyone unprovoked is well documented...a couple of days of acting like a victim isnt' going to change who you are and your past history of how you have acted...its the internet and the internet never forgets....perhaps your new approach is part of the 12 step program?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
actually 2018 was on par or better than 16 on many aspects....just dig into the details of the stats. you will find out if you actually cared......

2016: 311 of 459 67.8% Comp % 3,667 Yards 8 YPA 23 TD's 4 INT's QB Rating 104.9 QBR 77.6 57 Rushes 282 Yards 4.9 YPA 6 TD's 9 Fumbles

2018: 356 of 526 67.7% Comp % 3,885 Yards 7.4 YPA 22 TD's 8 INT's QB Rating 96.9 QBR 55.2 75 Rushes 305 Yards 4.1 YPA 6 TD's 12 Fumbles

So when comparing 2018 to 2016, Dak had more attempts and more yards but less TD's, more INT's, less YPA, a lower QB Rating and lower QBR while also having a lower rushing YPA and more fumbles........so I would not exactly say Dak's 2018 was better than his 2016.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
did you just point fingers at the admins, that they don't punish posters...because they favor some over others and you are victim in all of this.

come on dude...your reputation of the past attacking everyone unprovoked is well documented...a couple of days of acting like a victim isnt' going to change who you are and your past history of how you have acted...its the internet and the internet never forgets....perhaps your new approach is part of the 12 step program?

Last time I checked I was not addressing you with that post but you continue to do you and say the same things.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
2016: 311 of 459 67.8% Comp % 3,667 Yards 8 YPA 23 TD's 4 INT's QB Rating 104.9 QBR 77.6 57 Rushes 282 Yards 4.9 YPA 6 TD's 9 Fumbles

2018: 356 of 526 67.7% Comp % 3,885 Yards 7.4 YPA 22 TD's 8 INT's QB Rating 96.9 QBR 55.2 75 Rushes 305 Yards 4.1 YPA 6 TD's 12 Fumbles

So when comparing 2018 to 2016, Dak had more attempts and more yards but less TD's, more INT's, less YPA, a lower QB Rating and lower QBR while also having a lower rushing YPA and more fumbles........so I would not exactly say Dak's 2018 was better than his 2016.
Nobody would say Daks 2018 was better than his 2016 unless you blindly want to defend Dak. Which this poster always does without question.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

I would say they are mirror images with some huge diferences in team for sure, I would love to have the 2016 team with 2021 Dak version as I'm saying he is better and if we could use that game plan with his talent now we could win one. You have said you want the 2016 gameplan back and I think most on here would love to see this version of Dak with that kind of power.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

ok, I guess you are hard of listening or understanding...I said in many aspects on par or better...didn't say all aspects....

and like I have said before. compare the first 8 games with Allen Hurns as the primary WR, to the last 8 games when he got a legit WR (not top 20 apprantley)......

but it doesn't suit your argument....I understand. I care about reality, vs. try to win a meaningless argument....

HungryLion

Reaction score

My suggestion is, to put the posters that you don’t get along with on ignore.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Nobody would say Daks 2018 was better than his 2016 unless you blindly want to defend Dak. Which this poster always does without question.
like I said, some aspects were on par or better.....comp%, yards, TDs were about the same. TD% improved. other aspects slightly lower, not significantly though.....where in 2016, he leaned on the team and drove the bus (I have said that before), in 2018, the team leaned on him. the difference that gets lost on amatuers such as yourself is the first 8 games, vs. the last 8 games where we went from Allen Hurns to Cooper (not a top 20 WR). but I understand, you have an argument to win, so go ahead and spin away

USArmyVet

Reaction score
ok, I guess you are hard of listening or understanding...I said in many aspects on par or better...didn't say all aspects....

and like I have said before. compare the first 8 games with Allen Hurns as the primary WR, to the last 8 games when he got a legit WR (not top 20 apprantley)......

but it doesn't suit your argument....I understand. I care about reality, vs. try to win a meaningless argument....

You wouldn't know reality if it shoved it's size 13 boot up your arse but you keep running with the idea that the 2 seasons were equal or better seeing as how Dak threw 67 more times for 218 more yards (3.25 yards per pattempt), 1 less TD, 4 more INT's, 23 more rushing yards on 23 more rushing attempts (1 yard per rushing attempt) and 3 more fumbles.....so not sure how 7 more turnovers with the team having 3 less wins is somehow equal to or better than 2016.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
like I said, some aspects were on par or better.....comp%, yards, TDs were about the same. TD% improved. other aspects slightly lower, not significantly though.....where in 2016, he leaned on the team and drove the bus (I have said that before), in 2018, the team leaned on him. the difference that gets lost on amatuers such as yourself is the first 8 games, vs. the last 8 games where we went from Allen Hurns to Cooper (not a top 20 WR). but I understand, you have an argument to win, so go ahead and spin away
2018 Zeke won the rushing title by over 100 yards.

The team 100% did not lean on Dak in 2018 as you suggest and their success shows it.

Be better.