Twitter: Dak’s improvement by year

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are already bidding for the job to do his busts aren't you pappy?
Yes Sir, and here you go just finished it....
148178321-large-garbage-can-on-the-street.jpg

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
i understand your excitement but you cant count 2020 AT ALL

its 100% incomplete at 4.5 games of 16 game season - those stats just are basically ZERO, he don't play enough stats to even be official for 2020..lets let him finish 2021 and see how it falls into place..

You are a hater for not counting 2020. There's a crystal ball that someone peered into and saw the future. It said that Dak was going to end up with 8500 yards and 200 TD's. So just on that alone, 2020 needs to count, gosh darnit.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You are a hater for not counting 2020. There's a crystal ball that someone peered into and saw the future. It said that Dak was going to end up with 8500 yards and 200 TD's. So just on that alone, 2020 needs to count, gosh darnit.
....said no one. :laugh:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
In 2016 Dak had TWO 300 yard passing game.
In 2017 Dak had ONE 300 yard passing game.
In 2018 Dak had TWO 300 yard passing games.
In 2019 Dak had SEVEN 300 yard passing games.

That's a total of 12 out of a possible 65 games played that Dak had 300 yards passing or moreprior to the 2020 season

He was actually more likely to throw closer to 200 yards every game than he was 300 yards prior to 2020.

Dak was 100% going to regress and you're a fool if you think otherwise.

Your emotions don't take the place of actual data.
:huh: in 2019 he average 306 ypg....so how is that closer to 200? in 2019 he did about 242, but comparing the first 8 to the last 8 is what shows the difference..

and how do you say he was going to regress 100%? can you provide 100% proof? or is it another one of your opinions passed as facts....and referenced later LOL

acr731

Reaction score
....said no one. :laugh:

Some of the homers, not naming names, really think that Dak would have continued on the pace he was on and averaged over 371 yards a game for the next 11 games. Its like thinking that a baseball player who hits 20 homers the first month of the season is without doubt going to keep the same average the rest of the season and end up with 120. The MLB record is only 73, in case anyone cares.

Its faulty thinking....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Some of the homers, not naming names, really think that Dak would have continued on the pace he was on and averaged over 371 yards a game for the next 11 games. Its like thinking that a baseball player who hits 20 homers the first month of the season is without doubt going to keep the same average the rest of the season and end up with 120. The MLB record is only 73, in case anyone cares.
he would not have. probably much less, but probably end up over 300 ypg...that would be a reasonable assumption.

Last edited:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
:huh: in 2019 he average 306 ypg....so how is that closer to 200? in 2019 he did about 242, but comparing the first 8 to the last 8 is what shows the difference..

and how do you say he was going to regress 100%? can you provide 100% proof? or is it another one of your opinions passed as facts....and referenced later LOL
You and your buds only see what you want to see and like to twist thing, but you don't do it very well at all........

I literally said : "He was actually more likely to throw closer to 200 yards every game than he was 300 yards prior to 2020."

Now.. go to Football Reference and take 2016-2019 and see average yards per game for those 4 years prior to 2020. Then when you get the answer, ignore this and save yourself the embarssment, because you'll either try to change the narrative or discredit the data somehow because you don't like it and it'll just look weak and emotional.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Its faulty thinking....
I haven't seen anyone say that.....

What I think people are saying was he was on pace for a great season. Its impossible to project how someone will do over a course of a NFL season....they are going to have some great games and some bad ones.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

Most people are just saying he had a good year throwing the ball in 2019, he was off to a better start in 2020, again it's not hard to see that with that team he was going to pass for more yards and TD's than in 2019. Again nothing about any of this equates to winning as a semi balanced offense and a good defense are way more dependable than passing for 400+ a game and having to score 35+ points to win.

acr731

Reaction score
he would not have. probably much less, but probably end up over 200 ypg...that would be a reasonable assumption.

Lets say he averaged 220 yards the last 11 games - that's 2420 yards. Add that to what he got the first 5 games, 1856 yards, and you have a final tally of 4276 yards. That ends up being his 2nd best season, but it is still 1200 yards less than the NFL record.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You and your buds only see what you want to see and like to twist thing, but you don't do it very well at all........

I literally said : "He was actually more likely to throw closer to 200 yards every game than he was 300 yards prior to 2020."

Now.. go to Football Reference and take 2016-2019 and see average yards per game for those 4 years prior to 2020. Then when you get the answer, ignore this and save yourself the embarssment, because you'll either try to change the narrative or discredit the data somehow because you don't like it and it'll just look weak and emotional.
:huh:

so I am quoting you here, perhaps you will calm down from your tantrum.
"He was actually more likely to throw closer to 200 yards every game than he was 300 yards prior to 2020"

and I just asked a simple question. in 2019...not 2020...2019 he averaged 306 ypg. its on record, including football reference. I asked how is that closer to 200 than 300?

also you said,
"Dak was 100% going to regress and you're a fool if you think otherwise."

so how is going from 207 to 242 ypg to 306 regressing? and I simply asked for proof of 100%....I mean its 100%...means guaranteed. means for sure. means no other way....its ZERO chance of anything else...

then you blew a fuse and threw a tantrum...

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Lets say he averaged 220 yards the last 11 games - that's 2420 yards. Add that to what he got the first 5 games, 1856 yards, and you have a final tally of 4276 yards. That ends up being his 2nd best season, but it is still 1200 yards less than the NFL record.
some people like to project upwards, some like to project down wards (we know a couple of them don't we? ;))....I never said he was going to break all time record. but perhaps your projections could be right. I would think a drop off of 150 yards was a little much... 220 a game would be along the lines of Carson Wentz, daniel jones, drew lock....we know Dak is much better than any of those guys.....I assume perhaps 100 yards per game drop off as we wouldn't need to pass as often, so perhaps the numbers would be 4826....on par with his 2019 season....

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

"He was actually more likely to throw closer to 200 yards every game than he was 300 yards prior to 2020"

and I just asked a simple question. in 2019...not 2020...2019 he averaged 306 ypg. its on record, including football reference. I asked how is that closer to 200 than 300?

also you said,

so how is going from 207 to 242 ypg to 306 regressing? and I simply asked for proof of 100%....I mean its 100%...means guaranteed. means for sure. means no other way....its ZERO change of anything else...

These are facts moutain..again you can keep asking people to only use stats you want on the arguments you want or you can go back to your "I dont care about stats" but I'm guessing once again you can't admit that is correct. he has improved the last 3 years and was throwing more in 2020..because he had to. but continue to say he was going to end at closer to 200 ypg when in fact he did better than that the year before.

starfan1

Reaction score
These are facts moutain..again you can keep asking people to only use stats you want on the arguments you want or you can go back to your "I dont care about stats" but I'm guessing once again you can't admit that is correct. he has improved the last 3 years and was throwing more in 2020..because he had to. but continue to say he was going to end at closer to 200 ypg when in fact he did better than that the year before.

well in his defense 299 per game is closer to 200 than 306. Just saying lol:muttley:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

also you said,

so how is going from 207 to 242 ypg to 306 regressing? and I simply asked for proof of 100%....I mean its 100%...means guaranteed. means for sure. means no other way....its ZERO change of anything else...

You're way too emotional. Your weird love of Dak clouds everything it seems.

I chose to use his entire career up to that point instead of cherry picking one season, like yourself. So I don't care how you chose to do it, because that's not the way I chose to do it.

He was going to regress from what he was averaging in 2020, nobody said he was going to regress back to his 2016 averages. Again, you like to twist things, but you're not good at it at all.