Dak and the elephant in the room

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Agreed. I’m reserving judgement until after the whole season. He played well at the end of the game. He was rusty at the beginning. Totally cool with that as long he isn’t ‘rusty’ in every other game lol
Do you remember when he came back against Denver last yr? Far better performance yesterday.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Dak is almost 30ish old

We should all recognize who he is by now…just an average 4th round QB who sometimes has bad games and good games

That’s why he was a 4th round pick

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
He didn't have time to do any of that. If he sidesteps or spins out then he is absolutely going to get hit and now we're at risk of a turnover.
He only had one rusher to evade to buy some time. He had wide open field to right and a blocker on that side. The left side was open as well. He had time to do a mini pump fake. He could have thrown the ball towards the WR coming across right in front of him or to the TE who was also right in front of him. He had options to protect the ball and salvage the FG, if not get the ball to the WR. He was slow to process and slow to react. I would argue he should have been looking for the 1st down out of the gate instead of looking downfield for the big play on 3 and 2. Not an easy play by any means, but certainly possible.

I honestly can't understand the logic in justifying the complete and utter surrender. He should know how to tuck the ball and not cough it up. If the QB doesn't have the confidence to attempt to evade a single rusher and the awareness to know what's going on right in front of him....

One spin move, or sidestep had him all alone to the very side he was originally looking. If he tried and failed, fair enough. You can't win them all. You have to at least try, though.

There is a risk of a turnover on every play.

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
You are aware that Dak has full authority to read a defense and check into and out of plays?

poe's law? this is such a peak smooth brain Dak hater take that it has to be joke but idk lol. It's just hilarious that Verdict would happily slop this up.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Dak is almost 30ish old

We should all recognize who he is by now…just an average 4th round QB who sometimes has bad games and good games

That’s why he was a 4th round pick
:hammer:

The sooner we all realize this the better this forum will be.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Let’s get this out of the way first:

1. I’m pro Dak
2. He is better than Rush
3. I’m not suggesting Rush should start over Dak
4. I hope we win a super bowl with Dak.

Having said that it’s time that people started being realistic about our QB situation:

1. Dak starts off horribly slow.
2. Dak killed several drives today that were totally ON DAK.
3. He’s not a top 10 QB.
4. He struggled with the 32nd ranked defense.
5. Something is wrong with Dak in terms of seeing/processing the field.
6. Dak’s accuracy is very suspect. I’d say Dak is in the bottom 1/3 of the league in that category.
7. Dak doesn’t elevate the team. Dak doesn’t elevate the team.
8. The WRs are getting plenty open, Dak just doesn’t see them.
9. If they don’t run Dak 3-4 times per game —Dak is going to have a much harder time winning. He needs that threat to keep defenses more honest.
10. The only way Dak wins a SB is if the team Carrie’s him. He is nothing more than a middling bus driver right now.
11. I would love to see Dak develop and become the next Tom Brady, but I don’t think Dak has the football IQ to get it done.
12. Dak has the physical traits but he doesn’t have the mind to get it done as of right now.
13. I like Dak and I like Zeke as a Cowboys fan, but those two together are a handicap to overcome.
I finally jumped on the Dak wagon going into the 2021 season, but halfway through that season he went off the deep end and the entire team paid for it. When he looked like horse crap against Tampa this season, I knew he was the same slap who tanked last season and is never going to lead this team deep into the playoffs. After yesterday's first half de-boggle it obvious that he's going to continue to struggle against decent teams in meaningful games, but with his outrageous contract there isn't a dam thing anyone can do anything about it so get ready to watch the Boys kiss another season goodbye. Dakota " Toad Hunter" Prescot will always be a toad hunter in the in the Eastern Division. While both the Eagles and Giants are getting stronger, the Boys are just hanging by a thread in the now best division in football.

jgboys1

Reaction score
I finally jumped on the Dak wagon going into the 2021 season, but halfway through that season he went off the deep end and the entire team paid for it. When he looked like horse crap against Tampa this season, I knew he was the same slap who tanked last season and is never going to lead this team deep into the playoffs. After yesterday's first half de-boggle it obvious that he's going to continue to struggle against decent teams in meaningful games, but with his outrageous contract there isn't a dam thing anyone can do anything about it so get ready to watch the Boys kiss another season goodbye. Dakota " Toad Hunter" Prescot will always be a toad hunter in the in the Eastern Division. While both the Eagles and Giants are getting stronger, the Boys are just hanging by a thread in the now best division in football.
I agree with everything you say but I do hope the Cowboys can generate enough on offense to get us to the promise land. I think Dak is inconsistent and is not worth his big contract but I hope our defense and offense can do the job. After all, even Trent Dilfer has won a Super Bowl.

Aftershock

Reaction score
I agree with everything you say but I do hope the Cowboys can generate enough on offense to get us to the promise land. I think Dak is inconsistent and is not worth his big contract but I hope our defense and offense can do the job. After all, even Trent Dilfer has won a Super Bowl.
23 years ago.

the sb winners of the last 5 years or so had solid qb play.

dak can do that but he is not consistent enough. ESP not in the post season - as history has shown

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Let’s get this out of the way first:

1. I’m pro Dak
2. He is better than Rush
3. I’m not suggesting Rush should start over Dak
4. I hope we win a super bowl with Dak.

Having said that it’s time that people started being realistic about our QB situation:

1. Dak starts off horribly slow.
2. Dak killed several drives today that were totally ON DAK.
3. He’s not a top 10 QB.
4. He struggled with the 32nd ranked defense.
5. Something is wrong with Dak in terms of seeing/processing the field.
6. Dak’s accuracy is very suspect. I’d say Dak is in the bottom 1/3 of the league in that category.
7. Dak doesn’t elevate the team. Dak doesn’t elevate the team.
8. The WRs are getting plenty open, Dak just doesn’t see them.
9. If they don’t run Dak 3-4 times per game —Dak is going to have a much harder time winning. He needs that threat to keep defenses more honest.
10. The only way Dak wins a SB is if the team Carrie’s him. He is nothing more than a middling bus driver right now.
11. I would love to see Dak develop and become the next Tom Brady, but I don’t think Dak has the football IQ to get it done.
12. Dak has the physical traits but he doesn’t have the mind to get it done as of right now.
13. I like Dak and I like Zeke as a Cowboys fan, but those two together are a handicap to overcome.
Weird....you sound like a Rush guy. Welcome to the obvious...and the real world.

:welcome:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t know who “you people” are. Lol. But I don’t get why anyone thought Dak played well today. The defense bailed him out.

3 points in the first half. 3 point in the TB game. He’s just not very good at times.
You can’t blame this on Prescott. It’s the entire offense Including the game plan. So stop with the Prescott stuff

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Actually its 171 to 144 despite Mahomes only playing 1 game in 2017. All you have highlighted is how much better Mahomes is.
Tell Romo he is the one that said it’s 150 a touchdown Yeah and how many games did Prescott play when he broke his foot LMAO how many games did he missed this year LMAO Patrick Mahomes lover obviously

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Tell Romo he is the one that said it’s 150 a touchdown Yeah and how many games did Prescott play when he broke his foot LMAO how many games did he missed this year LMAO Patrick Mahomes lover obviously

Thank you for noticing. Anyone who appreciates good QB play should be a fan of Mahomes.

No matter how you wanna slice & dice it, Dak doesn't measure up.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Thank you for noticing. Anyone who appreciates good QB play should be a fan of Mahomes.

No matter how you wanna slice & dice it, Dak doesn't measure up.
He’s a Choke artist, as big as they come. Just as the Bengals, Tampa Bay, patriots, Mahomes the guy who throws his players under the bus. He’s a joke

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
We had 10 freaking points with 4 minutes left in the game against the bottom 2 defense in the nfl......but its the play calling, wrs, oline.....the guy seeking hot dogs and the at&t parking attendants fault, and not dak's? Get out of here with that garbage.

Last year when Dak put up huge numbers and the Cowboys lost (Raiders game) it was his fault. He didn't do enough, or he didn't make enough plays, or he didn't do this or that or the other.

Now the Cowboys lean on the run and control the ball, and most importantly - WIN - and it's still his fault.

What exactly is it that you're looking for from this team and its quarterback on a week to week basis?

jgboys1

Reaction score
23 years ago.

the sb winners of the last 5 years or so had solid qb play.

dak can do that but he is not consistent enough. ESP not in the post season - as history has shown
True. Hopefully Dak can just do enough to get us where we want to go and don’t do anything stupid. Just play action pass and have him dink and dunk our way to a long playoff run.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Defense keeps playing like this, it shouldn't take them much to make a descent playoff run.
But, the Cowboys overpaid so much for Dak it isn't even funny when you think about it.

Basically just paying Mahomes/Allen/Rodgers type money for someone, when we could have paid half as much for someone else with the same results.
People thinking Dak would have beat the Eagles last week are dreaming.

That being said... if the defense keeps playing like it has, there really is no excuse to not make it deep into the playoffs. The defense makes it so if you can score 17 to 24 points you should win.

If you can't score that... just retire lol.

Dallas just overpays for production all the time.

I just hope Quinn stays here. The man has completely changed the way this defense plays.

Doesn't hurt that we seem to have a couple elite people on the Defense, and a lot of good and very good, that for once know their jobs.

The amount of money Dak makes is completely irrelevant. People keep bringing up the $40M but it means absolutely nothing. It's the cost of doing business at the QB position. They had no choice but to pay him, and the money he's taking is clearly not preventing the organization from spending. They have money to spend and have chosen not to.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
He’s a Choke artist, as big as they come. Just as the Bengals, Tampa Bay, patriots, Mahomes the guy who throws his players under the bus. He’s a joke

You come up with some eye opening statements about him, that is for sure. Can you provide an example of when he threw a teammate under the bus?