Dak and the elephant in the room

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You come up with some eye opening statements about him, that is for sure. Can you provide an example of when he threw a teammate under the bus?
That’s why hill isn’t on the team any longer. He blamed him so many times with those cocky expressions of his. He’s also done it with his coaches if you’ve been paying attention

Verdict

Reaction score
Well I'm about to give him a couple of games. As in two. It's been ok for the first game back. Cooper could have done the same today, so he started at backup level. Hopefully the next game he's on QB1 level again.
That’s reasonable. I would feel a lot better about that idea if Dak hadn’t played so poorly the second half of last season.

Verdict

Reaction score
18-24 off a hand injury. Bad fumble cost them another TD. Let’s give it a couple weeks before we light the torches.

First half looked a lot like the Tampa Bay game in which we only scored 3 total points. It also looked a lot like the second half of last year.

Every QB in the league has the same amount of practice time that Dak has enjoyed to get ready to play. Dak is a grizzled veteran at this point. He’s not a rookie and he should be judged by that yardstick with the $40m price tag on it.

Verdict

Reaction score
Seems pretty knee jerk for someone coming off a thumb injury, a below average game for our OL, 2 dropped passes and a WR fumble in the endzone.

As expected, he was rusty and got a little better as the game went on.
I guess you really enjoy those three and outs.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Let’s get this out of the way first:

1. I’m pro Dak
2. He is better than Rush
3. I’m not suggesting Rush should start over Dak
4. I hope we win a super bowl with Dak.

Having said that it’s time that people started being realistic about our QB situation:

1. Dak starts off horribly slow.
2. Dak killed several drives today that were totally ON DAK.
3. He’s not a top 10 QB.
4. He struggled with the 32nd ranked defense.
5. Something is wrong with Dak in terms of seeing/processing the field.
6. Dak’s accuracy is very suspect. I’d say Dak is in the bottom 1/3 of the league in that category.
7. Dak doesn’t elevate the team. Dak doesn’t elevate the team.
8. The WRs are getting plenty open, Dak just doesn’t see them.
9. If they don’t run Dak 3-4 times per game —Dak is going to have a much harder time winning. He needs that threat to keep defenses more honest.
10. The only way Dak wins a SB is if the team Carrie’s him. He is nothing more than a middling bus driver right now.
11. I would love to see Dak develop and become the next Tom Brady, but I don’t think Dak has the football IQ to get it done.
12. Dak has the physical traits but he doesn’t have the mind to get it done as of right now.
13. I like Dak and I like Zeke as a Cowboys fan, but those two together are a handicap to overcome.
With four minutes left, we were ahead 10 to 6… Dak is so overrated it is mind blowing. With the contract though, he’s not going anywhere anytime soon

Verdict

Reaction score
Yep. People think all you need to do is just get a QB with a top 3 pick and you'll have an instant A. Rogers. All they have to do is look at the guy who was playing QB for the Lions today to know that's not how it works.

This is a perfect example of deflection. Nice job of responding to the thread but avoiding actually addressing the point of the thread.

shabazz

Reaction score
Dak has peaked and now becoming injury prone and low mobility……he better get to the big show this year

BTW, who would have thought that Geno Smith and Jalen Hurts would be the top 2 quarterbacks in the NFC at this point?

Verdict

Reaction score
Don’t. Just don’t put him on Romo’s level, because he never will be. Romo was a student of the game that rarely had a good OL and NEVER had a defense like Dak does this year. Romo will always be better than Dakota Rayne.
That is true. Romo was better than Dak across the board with one exception…..Romo tried to do way too much and his mistakes killed us. Romo might be a hall of fame QB if we had a defense and a legitimate OL in front of him.

starfan1

Reaction score
mhteek.jpg

Our fanbase after a W

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score

Verdict

Reaction score
Did you really need to create another "I hate Dak" post to say the same thing that all you Dak haters are saying all day every day on this forum? Jesus Christ, you must live a miserable life, hating on things that have no reasons to be hating.

Coming on this forum is no longer fun, and I wish the moderators would create a "Dak Haters," page so all you miserable people can be miserable together and let the rest of us enjoy talking about the Cowboys.

We just won a game by 18 points in the return of our QB from injury, and instead of being happy, all you miserable people do is complain when there is no reason to complain!

Go find another team that has a great QB that you can get behind, and quit trying to make everyone as miserable as you are!
I think I will continue to have an opinion on the Cowboys team and voice it the same as you. I won’t try to silence your opinion, because I believe that we are all fans here that are entitled to our opinion. Even if that opinion is uninformed or tainted by rose colored glasses.

That’s what makes this a great place. These “make it stop” posts really come across as emotionally juvenile. I support your right to your opinion. Maybe you could consider doing the same?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Last year when Dak put up huge numbers and the Cowboys lost (Raiders game) it was his fault. He didn't do enough, or he didn't make enough plays, or he didn't do this or that or the other.

Now the Cowboys lean on the run and control the ball, and most importantly - WIN - and it's still his fault.

What exactly is it that you're looking for from this team and its quarterback on a week to week basis?

M looking for a team that can score more than 10 points against a bottom defense. Dak was crap yesterday. I dont want to hear about is QBR...... watch the game over, I was there so I cant see what the TV cameras were showing... but he missed wrs and backs out of the backfield wide open, starting with the first throw of the game..... I know i know, he hadnt thrown a ball in like 7,246 days.

Verdict

Reaction score
At this point I think the anti-Dak sentiment among certain Cowboys "fans" has less to do with his capabilities as a player and more to do with other "things" not related to football.

And that is all I am going to say on this because I want to stay on this forum.
I am sure that a few people fall into this category. On the other hand I think the vast majority want to see Dak succeed but are starting to become more and more doubtful that Dak can get it done and more and more convinced that Dak is probably not the right guy to win us a SB.