Dak Appreciation Thread

TWOK11

Reaction score
Yep. This is primetime.

When a QB just mentally has so much experience, but still young enough that they haven’t regressed physically yet.
If nothing else we should be able to ride out this Eagles stretch of dominance and still be very good once the cap and age have caught up to them.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak had flashes of excellence early on in 2021, but cooled off and went downhill.

I am hoping that the game has finally slowed down and everything is finally all coming together for him.

Kinda like with Romo towards the end of his career before his injury. Romo truly became a QB maestro and was a Jedi with reading defenses. Let’s hope the same thing is happening to Dak.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He threw a couple darts where the WRs looked shocked the ball hit their hands. Impressive game. One or two throws he would want back. Minus the turn over on downs, we never punted and every drives put points up.
Imagine if the defense was playing sick at the same time.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Dak is taking the lunch of every weak kid in the school right now. His accuracy is pin point on, he's running, he's scrambling out of the pocket, and even flipping the ball to his runner when he's in trouble. Hmm, this could possibly be SB Dak, pending defense.

morat1959

Reaction score
I actually took a small sip of the kool aid after this game. I’ll gladly eat crow if Dak continues play this well.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
It shouldn’t take this long to see this level of play.

But..

I’m starting to wonder if McCarthy taking over the offensive scheme and getting rid of all the leftover Garrett/Linehan/Kellen Moore offense is the big difference in Dak’s play.
Dak has had some really good seasons. Sometimes injuries get in the way. Dak had the big injury and most years OL continuity wasn't there. Also right now Lamb is playing at a higher level than any receiver he's had. But you can tell Dak fully trusts his legs again and he's just better at the QB position now than he was a few years ago.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
This isn’t the same QB I’ve watched for 7 years.

Dude has been different ever since San Fran.

He just has such control of the offense right now.

He had 2 dropped TDs tonight. Hit Lamb in tight coverage and he didn’t expect the ball to be on him.

Hes a legit MVP candidate and he’s actually carrying this team offensively right now.

I’m shocked but im not a delusional fan that applauds mediocrity but im also not gonna deny when a guy is playing legit MVP brand of football right now.

Edit: side note - Bland played awful tonight and still made a big play.
Agreed. This stretch looks different than some of his other brief flashes.

Hoping it lasts another 8 or 9 games.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I knew this and said it many times. He has been at this level after mastering the Kellen offense. The problem was...he was getting any championship offense tutoring. He wasn't learning a proven championship system.

This is why I railed on how dumb it was to bring McCarthy in and not let him run and call his offense. Single dumbest thing we have done in a long time.
I'm sold on McCarthy's offense. He was aggressive tonight when it made sense, regardless of the results. I just didn't see a lot of stupid play calling tonight offensively. And right now it's working. Earlier this year it was hard to watch but you can find some tangible evidence to see that this offense has adapted and adjusted and gotten better throughout the season.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
giphy.gif

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
He's been pretty amazing lately and I'm in no way, shape or form one of his fanboys. I sincerely hope Dak's evil twin is dead (shout-out to the guy who started that thread lol) and this is the player we'll get from now on.