Video: Dak had most drops in league

starfan1

Reaction score
There was pass credited as a drop by Cooper where he had to stop his momentum going across the field and reach to his back-shoulder for the ball. The ball hit his left hand and shoulder before his right hand could get there to establish control. Many were all over Cooper for that play, but I maintain that it was a poor pass. Instead of leading the receiver when he was clearly going at full sprint across the field, Prescott forced him to go against his body, which is why he couldn't get his right hand over. He technically got two hands on the ball, but not at the same exact time.

We had a few others similar to that as Dak struggled with that throw for some reason last year.
is that the pass that Cooper himself said he should have caught and it was his fault? i do agree that's a pass Dak has to improve on.it infuriates me when hes behind on that throw. That said they still should grab it in most cases. The crossing route to Cobb should have been caught I cant remember what game it was maybe NO.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don't pay filet minion money for pork chops.
Thats how the market works.

What you are missing is that price isn't just a matter of the cut of meat, but also of the existing supply of it, and demand for it, and what the consumer is willing to pay for it.

And the reality is that $32-35 million only appears to be filet mignon prices in the minds of some people because there is no filet mignon on the market to compare it against. The next filet mignon to compare against will be Mahomes, and I don't think anyone expects the price to be $32-35 million.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's only a matter of time when one of our WR or TE will be mauled badly by one of his HIGH passes....
It's amazing it hasn't happened 4-5 times already since he throws at least 4-5 times more high passes than any other QB, right? :facepalm:

By the way, this comment doesn't change the obvious fact you didn't bother watching the film, and instead just mindlessly repeated your mantra.

jnday

Reaction score
I like how people like you never have stats or facts or objective points. Just moronic highly bias ramblings. Never anything of substance.
When I really give a crap about winning an argument, I provide stats or information. It is no secret that I can’t stand Dak and I really don’t feel like explaining why for the 100th time. I didn’t even start with “bias ramblings”. It is just not that important today. My last point is exactly what do you mean with the “people like you” comment? You don’t know me, have never messaged me and I can’t remember even reading one of your posts.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
is that the pass that Cooper himself said he should have caught and it was his fault? i do agree that's a pass Dak has to improve on.it infuriates me when hes behind on that throw. That said they still should grab it in most cases. The crossing route to Cobb should have been caught I cant remember what game it was maybe NO.
Dak definitely needs to improve on his timing on crossing routes. Most passes that are behind are catchable without great effort, but they slow the momentum of the receiver and hinder the opportunity for yardage after the catch. But that isn't a physical problem that can't be overcome, just something that needs to be worked on.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I agree that 3/4 of the passes should have been caught, no argument from me there. My thought process is that every team could go back look at drops and play what if on this subject.

I'm just not sure in the end that the cowboys were significantly hindered by drops more than the average team, and I dont think this is what kept them out of the postseason.
It hindered us clearly. Lost a ton of close games, killed a lot of good drives.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I went back and watched a couple of Super Bowls that we won in the 90s and the one thing that jumped off the page was DEFENSE. Get us one of those, watch us sore.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So if you get two hands on it and you'd drop it that's fair game for you?

There are all kinds of factors. Was it tipped? Did he get bumped? Was it behind him and low. You can "get two hands on it" if you are a great athlete...and still be an impossible or unlikely catch.

You are telling me if you put it ANYWHERE in the arm span radius....it should be a catch? Touched with two hands....whether way down low and behind...WHIULE travelking the other direction... or way up high...it should be a catch? Ridiculous.

It does not surprise me you give every single benefit of doubt to Dak to keep from showing any kind of fault whatsoever. Ahem pardon me but your agenda is showing.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are too many things to factor in. It's not just one thing. I don't see how anyone can loo at the 4 years Prescott has started and not be happy with his production. We can all sit here until we're blue in the face arguing one or two points, but it's everything collectively. For example, does anyone have a clue how many routes were improperly run that resulted in what looked like an inaccurate pass? Same can be said with what looks like a perfect back shoulder fade, could the throw have been off and the WR adjusted?

A fair assessment.... But here we sit.....judging.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There are all kinds of factors. Was it tipped? Did he get bumped? Was it behind him and low. You can "get two hands on it" if you are a great athlete...and still be an impossible or unlikely catch.

You are telling me if you put it ANYWHERE in the arm span radius....it should be a catch? Touched with two hands....whether way down low and behind...WHIULE travelking the other direction... or way up high...it should be a catch? Ridiculous.

It does not surprise me you give every single benefit of doubt to Dak to keep from showing any kind of fault whatsoever. Ahem pardon me but your agenda is showing.
My agenda? If you know me you know there's no agenda. I'm a fair "Dak apologist". I wouldn't have to be a apologist if some of the critiques from posters not his site wasn't so outlandish.

Like you for instance. There were 51 drops...not sure if the clip had all of them in there but very few of those passes were dropped because of a badly thrown football. Yet, you are arguing against it. This is a agenda. Even if you take out the debatable throws its still far too many drops. You know what a drop is. You know what a professional receiver should be able to catch or shouldn't. But in the spirit of disliking Dak you have to uphold this appearance of ignorance and I don't get it.

starfan1

Reaction score
It's only a matter of time when one of our WR or TE will be mauled badly by one of his HIGH passes....

Not a big fan of your posting style but youre probably right here.Hes not the only QB in the league that has done this to WR's keep that in mind though.

Steve when did you become a Dak hater lol? And watch folks say something you don't care for about Zeke and your Ohio stater bias come flowing out of the keyboard. I dont think hes saying that at all but some of the throws Dak gets ripped for are catchable yes it does sometime alter RAC production but this group of receivers had the dropsies last year that is a fact and not all of the drops were on Dak. Some were but I watched pretty much every game. Now the flip side of the argument is some of his completions were throws the WR had to make an adjustment on for whatever the reason was.

K5ntexas

Reaction score
Why did I even open this thread AND read it?

Same people arguing the same thing over and over in different threads like a bunch of children.

That said, that video was rough to watch for different reasons including the drops and off thrown passes. Some people clearly don't understand how the QB market works.

Toro9

Reaction score
I don't need to watch a video to know that. There were chunks of games where half his passes were dropped. I wouldn't doubt that it made the difference in a game or two.

817Gill

Reaction score
God forbid if you have to jump or turn to catch the ball. After all, I’m a professional receiver who isn’t getting paid millions to jump and turn.
I actually laughed that he indicated the WR’s had to actually make a football play. Why do our fans have some extra tier of accuracy like an accurate pass is supposed to be one in which the ball gets stuck in the guys facemask?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I actually laughed that he indicated the WR’s had to actually make a football play. Why do our fans have some extra tier of accuracy like an accurate pass is supposed to be one in which the ball gets stuck in the guys facemask?

Better question is why our fans think all a QB is responsible for is throwing a ball in the near vicinity of a reciever.

Heaven forbid we ask a professional QB (and one that’s likely to be the highest paid QB in the game) to throw an accurate ball.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
This web site says the cowboys had 24 drops
http://hosted.stats.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

This one suggests 36
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/passing_advanced.htm

The original post says 51. That's where my original argument was. Of the 51 drops from the original tweet how many would be truly considered drops by most? It can be a very misleading stat without context.

I'm not here to bash dak at all, I'm actually similar to yourself in terms of I will praise him for the good, amd call him out for the bad. Threads like this I like to play devils advocate because typically a lot more goes into it than just stat X = success or failure.
This is very true but I notice an agenda with some of the posters saying that a lot of those "drops" weren't catchable are exaggerating. There were very few of those throws that were not catchable.