Adult Language Dak: He's Lying About the money, right? Fish Live

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
France works for Dak, not the other way around. You don't hire an agent like Todd France unless you want to be at the top of the market pay scale wise. It's like a player who hires Scott Boras in baseball - you know what you are signing up for when you hire him.

Look, Prescott has the right to ask for whatever he wants. Football players have a relatively short shelf life to maximize their earnings, and they should be able to earn whatever they can get someone to pay them, no matter how high that dollar amount is. You can't blame the player for that, or for earning that much if an owner is willing to pay it out.

That being said, an owner also has the right to say no to a request. The Cowboys are not obligated to pay Prescott a market setting contract. They can hold the line and let him leave if they choose. This is how the game works. I think that the concept of the next guy in line becoming the new leader in the clubhouse for QB salaries is a ridiculous method of determining value, but the owners have no one to blame but themselves for this.

Were it my team and my money, I wouldn't pay Prescott that kind of coin. I would be comfortable with letting him leave, but that's me. He's a good football player, but not a market setting type of player.
Exactly.................look, do I think Dak is worth $60 million a year???............HELL NO

But I dont get all the personal insults and jabs being thrown at Dak because he is asking for what he thinks he is worth, virtually nobody on this board has ever met Dak in person yet I see him called every name in the book from being greedy, not being a team player, posters have even criticized his intelligence and said other things which I will not repeat here.

Why?.............Because he is asking for what he thinks he is worth?.........Just because you (and me also) dont think he is worth $60 million a year, if his agent tells him that he can make that much on the open market next year, why should he take less to resign with Dallas?

Yall are acting like Dak owes you something just because he wears the star.............Like said, I dont think Dak is worth $60 mill a year, but I am not going to sit here and personally criticize him for asking for that much if he thinks that is his value. The market will decide, and if the Vegas Raiders are willing to pay Dak $60 million a year, why should he resign with Dallas for less than that? Nobody is forcing the Cowboys to pay Dak, so insulting him for asking for X amount of dollars just seems out of line. (not directed at you Plankton, just talking in general about most of the threads on Dak)

plymkr

Reaction score
Going back to the OP and rewatching the video. One thing that stands out to me is this is this is the first time I can remember that Fish said anything remotely critical of Dak off the field. Fish has been critical of Dak’s play but he’s always been extremely generous with the praise of Dak off the field. That kind of floored me. At the end of the video he told Dak to “stop talking”. I feel that’s good advice. I hope someone in Dak’s camp gets in his ear and tells him to stop talking about the contract. Just let France and Jerry hash it out. It’s not painting Dak in a good way. JMO

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I just don’t see how you can justify paying a guy who struggles with his post snap read that kind of money. It becomes more apparent during the playoffs against good teams. That’s when the panic look starts to appear, which he admitted to struggling with his post snap read after the GB, and there’s video showing it’s been a problem for at least both SF games and the GB game. No amount of money is going to miraculously make it better.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
1. pocket what money? The cowboys are the most valuable sports team in the world, I doubt they need more money
2. what moves should they have made with a roster full of holes and 3 players needing record breaking deals all at once?
3. if the QB takes less money it means there is more money to fill the team with better players
On # 3
if dak took say 10 mil less, say 50 mil, there is no guarantee the jones boys spend all or even some of that 10 on more players.
10 mil isnt much, better to just get 1 good fa.
Dak would have to have it in his contract, that he gets to decide how that money is spent in FA, or signing a player already here ,.

This is what any player on any team should do, have it in his contract that he decides how the money is spent.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
C'mon man do you really take player quotes that literal? At some point you have to read through the BS on both sides.

Clearly the Cowboys have made an offer, and its been leaked that it is around $55M. It has to be either Dak wants to reset the market, he wants a shorter deal than they are offering, wants a higher guaranteed portion, or has simply already decided that he wants to move on. We can only guess the true holdup here, but his fraternity quote does make it seem like it's the AAV that is the issue.
I read that some think dak is wanting 65 million ~~!!!! Major reset !,
Not for him but for the brotherhood !! lol
Dak is looking at the % angle, and may want same as burrow, who is 24.9% of the cap, when he signed.
Then once the other 2 sign +dak,50% of the cap is for them, and the other 50 players
get 50 % lol
Thats fair isnt it ? ( no brotherhood with your fellow teammates lol)

edit: I think fish mentioned this % thing in this same show .

Last edited:

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I read that some think dak is wanting 65 million ~~!!!! Major reset !,
Not for him but for the brotherhood !! lol
Dak is looking at the % angle, and may want same as burrow, who is 24.9% of the cap, when he signed.
Then once the other 2 sign +dak,50% of the cap is for them, and the other 50 players
get 50 % lol
Thats fair isnt it ? ( no brotherhood with your fellow teammates lol)

edit: I think fish mentioned this % thing in this same show .
I would agree. I think the issue has to be either number of years, as I'm sure the Cowboys would want a longer deal to stretch out not only the new cap hit, but the money remaining from his current deal. The other issue I could see is the Cowboys are viewing this as $55M would make him the highest paid QB, where as Dak is looking at it from a percentage of the cap as you mentioned and wants to hit that 25% mark. Based on this years cap that number would actually be over $60M, and if he is really playing tough to get he might be going off of next years projected cap which is likely to go up another 5-10% and put him firmly at that $65M number or higher.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Dak will want a short deal. Just like the last deal. I've said it before, I say it's a 3 year deal with the 3rd year being optional for both sides. It's good for both parties involved. Anything longer would surprise me. Now I do think it will be a max deal. Something like 55-60 mil per. Only way it's longer would be for cap savings. Which this front office seems bad at.
I think you're right about the short deal but this seems to be worst case scenario for the Cowboys. A 3 year deal at $55+ per AND the $50M in cap hits Dak will still have on his existing contract is a number that makes it extremely tough for this team. You have to basically choose between not having a complete roster through the rest of Daks deal or putting that money into future years so you dont get the rookie QB contract advantage when he's gone.

davidr295

Reaction score
On # 3
if dak took say 10 mil less, say 50 mil, there is no guarantee the jones boys spend all or even some of that 10 on more players.
10 mil isnt much, better to just get 1 good fa.
Dak would have to have it in his contract, that he gets to decide how that money is spent in FA, or signing a player already here ,.

This is what any player on any team should do, have it in his contract that he decides how the money is spent.
Do they not spend the whole salary cap? Is there evidence of them intentionally not spending all the salary cap and putting the leftovers in their own bank accounts, I highly doubt that is how it works or is reality.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Do they not spend the whole salary cap? Is there evidence of them intentionally not spending all the salary cap and putting the leftovers in their own bank accounts, I highly doubt that is how it works or is reality.
Yeah, thats actually what most of the thread is about. They come close to maxing out cap money every year, but are typically among the lowest in actual cash spending. That means either poor cap management, or owners being cheap.

davidr295

Reaction score
Yeah, thats actually what most of the thread is about. They come close to maxing out cap money every year, but are typically among the lowest in actual cash spending. That means either poor cap management, or owners being cheap.
They definitely are not big spenders but I would not equate that to embezzlement

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
giphy.gif

kskboys

Reaction score
Exactly.................look, do I think Dak is worth $60 million a year???............HELL NO

But I dont get all the personal insults and jabs being thrown at Dak because he is asking for what he thinks he is worth, virtually nobody on this board has ever met Dak in person yet I see him called every name in the book from being greedy, not being a team player, posters have even criticized his intelligence and said other things which I will not repeat here.

Why?.............Because he is asking for what he thinks he is worth?.........Just because you (and me also) dont think he is worth $60 million a year, if his agent tells him that he can make that much on the open market next year, why should he take less to resign with Dallas?

Yall are acting like Dak owes you something just because he wears the star.............Like said, I dont think Dak is worth $60 mill a year, but I am not going to sit here and personally criticize him for asking for that much if he thinks that is his value. The market will decide, and if the Vegas Raiders are willing to pay Dak $60 million a year, why should he resign with Dallas for less than that? Nobody is forcing the Cowboys to pay Dak, so insulting him for asking for X amount of dollars just seems out of line. (not directed at you Plankton, just talking in general about most of the threads on Dak)
Or, maybe stop thinking about this on a personal level. No one cares what Dak makes except as it pertains to fitting enough good players under that salary cap for a super bowl run.

Why do you care about his salary on a personal level? Weird.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
They definitely are not big spenders but I would not equate that to embezzlement
Yeah I agree that embezzlement is waaay too strong of a word, but it does seem to either be poor management by a guy in Stephen Jones who is supposed to be a numbers guru, or ownership who prioritizes profits over winning. That second one is very fair for an owner to prioritize, but you do run into a conflict when the owner is also the GM.

My big issue is that they spend so little year to year but sell the fans on the idea that they can't participate in free agency because they have to retain their own players. Its a half truth where the real issue is the front offices failure to act quick and make decisions.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Dak is so fake.

Always has been. Always will be.
I have always felt like his responses are robotic and he doesn't really believe 1/2 the things he says but is intelligent enough to play the game.

His last contract proved it clearly was all about the money that is why they insisted on a 4 year deal instead of 5, a no trade clause, etc....

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think you're right about the short deal but this seems to be worst case scenario for the Cowboys. A 3 year deal at $55+ per AND the $50M in cap hits Dak will still have on his existing contract is a number that makes it extremely tough for this team. You have to basically choose between not having a complete roster through the rest of Daks deal or putting that money into future years so you dont get the rookie QB contract advantage when he's gone.
we agree. Not good when we need cap savings NOW. But good if we want out from under Dak in say 2 years if he doesn't get us over the hump. This is how the front office thinks. Not really what I would do or want. Unless we find a better rotation at DT, Dak might be doomed and the team.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

100% its wierd as hell he is some posters real life villian and they have never met the man..some posters need real life villians i guess.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I just don’t see how you can justify paying a guy who struggles with his post snap read that kind of money. It becomes more apparent during the playoffs against good teams. That’s when the panic look starts to appear, which he admitted to struggling with his post snap read after the GB, and there’s video showing it’s been a problem for at least both SF games and the GB game. No amount of money is going to miraculously make it better.
Dak does not ALWAYS suffer from post snap reads. Men lie, women lie...numbers don't WHEN YOU HAVE ENOUGH DATA. And we have enough data going to back to Dak's rookie days: HE CAN READ A FREAKING DEFENSE....AND TO SAY SO IS TO SUGGEST HE IS INFERIOR DUE TO SOME REASON WE WON'T DISCUSS HERE. I hate when people do this.

That said, it's obvious that in pressure moments and against the better competition OUTSIDE THE DIVISION...Dak struggles. This is not about mental acuity...this is about (to me) pressure, mental toughness and yes, arm talent. But to say he can't read a defense is just plain RIDICULOUS.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dak does not ALWAYS suffer from post snap reads. Men lie, women lie...numbers don't WHEN YOU HAVE ENOUGH DATA. And we have enough data going to back to Dak's rookie days: HE CAN READ A FREAKING DEFENSE....AND TO SAY SO IS TO SUGGEST HE IS INFERIOR DUE TO SOME REASON WE WON'T DISCUSS HERE. I hate when people do this.

That said, it's obvious that in pressure moments and against the better competition OUTSIDE THE DIVISION...Dak struggles. This is not about mental acuity...this is about (to me) pressure, mental toughness and yes, arm talent. But to say he can't read a defense is just plain RIDICULOUS.
I generally never even wade into anything involving Fish because I know already that it's click baiting BULL doo doo. But I took a peek at this last page and bout fell off my chair laughin. For the last three seasons Dak has been the best QB in the NFL against pressure. Numero uno.. The absolute best.. Second to none. People continuing with this ridiculous narrative that he's just closing his eyes and guessing where to throw the ball and putting up the kind of numbers he does need their football fan card taken away. Great defenses give Dak problems. Newsflash .. great defenses give every QB problems.. That's why they're called great defenses. Dak is not the best QB in the NFL.. but for most of the season last year he absolutely was. He had a ridiculous 8 or 9 game stretch where he was completing like 75% of his passes and averaging like 3 TDs and 300 yards a game. All while "struggling with post-snap reads." Get the f.... well you know the rest. .