Adult Language Dak: He's Lying About the money, right? Fish Live

bottleKids

Reaction score
I am down to two possible people here being Thad and it really has showed the last 2 months... we will find out who once Dak is no longer here and they stop posting POOF GONE!

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I generally never even wade into anything involving Fish because I know already that it's click baiting BULL doo doo. But I took a peek at this last page and bout fell off my chair laughin. For the last three seasons Dak has been the best QB in the NFL against pressure. Numero uno.. The absolute best.. Second to none. People continuing with this ridiculous narrative that he's just closing his eyes and guessing where to throw the ball and putting up the kind of numbers he does need their football fan card taken away. Great defenses give Dak problems. Newsflash .. great defenses give every QB problems.. That's why they're called great defenses. Dak is not the best QB in the NFL.. but for most of the season last year he absolutely was. He had a ridiculous 8 or 9 game stretch where he was completing like 75% of his passes and averaging like 3 TDs and 300 yards a game. All while "struggling with post-snap reads." Get the f.... well you know the rest. .
We agree Ronnie...and that's why when my fellow haters "go there" I cringe...it's just factually wrong and lazy. I had an argument about pressure a few days ago...there's different kinds.

The Dak you describe above is what we get vs. bottom-feeders/NFC East. But when we go outside the NFC East and/or the playoffs, you must admit we don't see this Dak. The only thing I can think of that accounts for the vast difference is PRESSURE, not intelligence. Calling Dak stupid makes these people look stupid. Ok, YOU go read defenses and put the ball where it belongs MOST OF THE TIME in 8 years and as a rookie. Most human beings can't do it...so that's just a bankrupt stupid argument.

I can dis Dak without it. :)

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak does not ALWAYS suffer from post snap reads. Men lie, women lie...numbers don't WHEN YOU HAVE ENOUGH DATA. And we have enough data going to back to Dak's rookie days: HE CAN READ A FREAKING DEFENSE....AND TO SAY SO IS TO SUGGEST HE IS INFERIOR DUE TO SOME REASON WE WON'T DISCUSS HERE. I hate when people do this.

That said, it's obvious that in pressure moments and against the better competition OUTSIDE THE DIVISION...Dak struggles. This is not about mental acuity...this is about (to me) pressure, mental toughness and yes, arm talent. But to say he can't read a defense is just plain RIDICULOUS.
people who have never played football tend to focus in on one thing that gets everyones attention..your correct and what some dont understand is an INT is usually not fault of just ONE PERSON sometimes you need to know everyones actual responsibility to know what happend...like the GB Game the second INT was on Dak but had nothing to do with reading a defense...it had to do with a: a bad play call to what the defense was doing, B: the cover slant by CD was lazy and too deep C: the TE didnt pull anyone because he got hog tied at the line And of course the QB who threw it anyway instead of just taking the sack and punting the ball.....but you know we need a villian here because Jerry isnt a good enough one.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
people who have never played football tend to focus in on one thing that gets everyones attention..your correct and what some dont understand is an INT is usually not fault of just ONE PERSON sometimes you need to know everyones actual responsibility to know what happend...like the GB Game the second INT was on Dak but had nothing to do with reading a defense...it had to do with a: a bad play call to what the defense was doing, B: the cover slant by CD was lazy and too deep C: the TE didnt pull anyone because he got hog tied at the line And of course the QB who threw it anyway instead of just taking the sack and punting the ball.....but you know we need a villian here because Jerry isnt a good enough one.
And yes, even accounting for all of what you correctly mention, I still maintain that Dak is not the guy to get us to a SB while asking to be the highest paid EVERY 3 years. No bueno. BUT...I do understand he's not a scrub. He plays like one in big games FOR SURE...but overall...he's pretty good. But...my standards are pampered...lol...

Girl, I'm Kendrick Lamar (Mm)
A.K.A. Benz is to me just a car (Mm)
That mean your friends-es need be up to par
See, my standards are pampered by threesomes tomorrow (Mm)

FVSTONE

Reaction score
ok this is todays AM show with fish, all about what dak said recently about why he has to get a record setting contract, and the amount of $ he is asking for.
He is doing it for the brotherhood of nfl qb's , so they can get more too lol.
Fish gives his opinion on this.
So this could mean that jones boys offered dak say 54 million, and dak is saying that isnt good enough, I need the 60 million barrier to be broken by me.
Not for me, no it is for the brotherhood !

Prescot isn't in this for the Cowboys, he's in it for NFL QBs and future NFL QBs. JJ needs to bench him in favor of both Rush and Lance, this move will force Prescot's hand because he's not going to stand pat with the cards JJ is about to deal him. Prescot and his agents will file a grievance and force a TRADE ..................LOL!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Exactly.................look, do I think Dak is worth $60 million a year???............HELL NO

But I dont get all the personal insults and jabs being thrown at Dak because he is asking for what he thinks he is worth, virtually nobody on this board has ever met Dak in person yet I see him called every name in the book from being greedy, not being a team player, posters have even criticized his intelligence and said other things which I will not repeat here.

Why?.............Because he is asking for what he thinks he is worth?.........Just because you (and me also) dont think he is worth $60 million a year, if his agent tells him that he can make that much on the open market next year, why should he take less to resign with Dallas?

Yall are acting like Dak owes you something just because he wears the star.............Like said, I dont think Dak is worth $60 mill a year, but I am not going to sit here and personally criticize him for asking for that much if he thinks that is his value. The market will decide, and if the Vegas Raiders are willing to pay Dak $60 million a year, why should he resign with Dallas for less than that? Nobody is forcing the Cowboys to pay Dak, so insulting him for asking for X amount of dollars just seems out of line. (not directed at you Plankton, just talking in general about most of the threads on Dak)
The hate so many here harbor for Dak blinds them beyond their capability to be reasonable and objective.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Prescot isn't in this for the Cowboys, he's in it for NFL QBs and future NFL QBs. JJ needs to bench him in favor of both Rush and Lance, this move will force Prescot's hand because he's not going to stand pat with the cards JJ is about to deal him. Prescot and his agents will file a grievance and force a TRADE ..................LOL!
I think the odds are very slim, but in the back of my mind I do wonder if Trey Lance tears up preseason competition and Dak continues to play hardball with his extension if Jerry wouldn't do Dak like he did Tony Banks years ago and make a last minute QB swap. Again I think odds are significantly against this happening, but not zero.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Jimmy G benefited from having a great defense and a consistent running game. Games weren’t put on his shoulders but he struggled when he had to do too much. This is why San Francisco moved on for him. This is why he failed with the Raiders. They didn’t have the team and defense San Francisco has. I said when Vegas signed him that he would fail there. When Jimmy G has to do too much, he turns the football over. Shanahan was able to use him to his strengths because he had such a great team around him. Give Jimmy G a solid running game and a great defense and he can manage a game pretty well but he has limitations which is why he may be done as a starter in the NFL. There’s some very average QBs that have won Super Bowls because they had a great team/defense.
That's what I said; Shanahan had a system that fit Jimmy G well, but he still had to make the throws, no? He still has a top 10 passer rating of all time. You can't just plug any Joe Shmo in and get successful results. The dude went to numerous NFC Title games and a SB appearance; Dak can't say EITHER of those things and he's HAD solid defenses and a reliable running game up until last year.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly.................look, do I think Dak is worth $60 million a year???............HELL NO

But I dont get all the personal insults and jabs being thrown at Dak because he is asking for what he thinks he is worth, virtually nobody on this board has ever met Dak in person yet I see him called every name in the book from being greedy, not being a team player, posters have even criticized his intelligence and said other things which I will not repeat here.

Why?.............Because he is asking for what he thinks he is worth?.........Just because you (and me also) dont think he is worth $60 million a year, if his agent tells him that he can make that much on the open market next year, why should he take less to resign with Dallas?

Yall are acting like Dak owes you something just because he wears the star.............Like said, I dont think Dak is worth $60 mill a year, but I am not going to sit here and personally criticize him for asking for that much if he thinks that is his value. The market will decide, and if the Vegas Raiders are willing to pay Dak $60 million a year, why should he resign with Dallas for less than that? Nobody is forcing the Cowboys to pay Dak, so insulting him for asking for X amount of dollars just seems out of line. (not directed at you Plankton, just talking in general about most of the threads on Dak)
Nope, he owes me nothing. He owes his team the ability to build a championship squad with great O & D players. Period!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
That's what I said; Shanahan had a system that fit Jimmy G well, but he still had to make the throws, no? He still has a top 10 passer rating of all time. You can't just plug any Joe Shmo in and get successful results. The dude went to numerous NFC Title games and a SB appearance; Dak can't say EITHER of those things and he's HAD solid defenses and a reliable running game up until last year.
So lets assume i agree Dak has contributed to the playoff loses...now show me the playoff games the defense was solid and the run gamer was working when this happened...1 SF game the defense was solid, but the run game was done...and 1 Seattle game the run game was meh and the defense got gouged for 250 yards rushing...the 1st GB game he gave the defense the lead and we know what happened late in the game...so what game am i missing that the run game was solid and the defense was solid and Dak blew it?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The 49ers have a system that fits just about any QB. I already pointed this out. Even Trey Lance won a couple of games. When Purdy got shook up late in the season Sam Darnold came in and looked good. Jimmy G has a top 10 passer rating all-time because he rarely attempted more than 30 passes every week and was able to lean on his running game and allow his defense to dominate. He was terrible with the Raiders last season and got benched. He tossed more INT’s than TDs and his passer rating was under 78.0. He was never that good.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
The 49ers have a system that fits just about any QB. I already pointed this out. Even Trey Lance won a couple of games. When Purdy got shook up late in the season Sam Darnold came in and looked good. Jimmy G has a top 10 passer rating all-time because he rarely attempted more than 30 passes every week and was able to lean on his running game and allow his defense to dominate. He was terrible with the Raiders last season and got benched. He tossed more INT’s than TDs and his passer rating was under 78.0. He was never that good.
Yes and no.

It is a system that hasn't been fully deployed - I don't think - because they haven't had a QB who can consistently threaten teams vertically. It's the same thing that holds Miami back (which is why I can't believe they re-signed Tua, tbh).

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yes and no.

It is a system that hasn't been fully deployed - I don't think - because they haven't had a QB who can consistently threaten teams vertically. It's the same thing that holds Miami back (which is why I can't believe they re-signed Tua, tbh).
They’ve had two different QBs in the past 5 years lead them to a Super Bowl. Had they been facing a lesser QB than Patrick Mahomes they would have won both Super Bowls. San Francisco had the number two ranked offense in the entire league last season. There isn’t anything that says you have to be able to consistently threaten teams vertically to win a championship. Miami re-signed Tua because they have nothing behind him. He’s a good QB who just led them to the playoffs. It’s not like there’s a better, cheaper option available. If you don’t want to pay a QB you’re going to end up with nothing at the position and you’ll be sitting home for the playoffs every year.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

100% its wierd as hell he is some posters real life villian and they have never met the man..some posters need real life villians i guess.
On the other hand...some....shall we say Dak Defenders...also take it very personal. They never met the man either...yet find the need to go toe to toe with your alleged villain seekers.

Both are kinda crazy, don't ya think?

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score

We are getting on Dak because of this recent deceitful rationale he is hawking. I can tolerate straightforward ‘self-serving’ … we have an obligation to do for ourselves. But don’t bring these insincere obfuscations in a hollow attempt to mask YOUR OWN financial appetites. Crapola!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
On the other hand...some....shall we say Dak Defenders...also take it very personal. They never met the man either...yet find the need to go toe to toe with your alleged villain seekers.

Crazy that Cowboy fans like a Cowboys player…wow who knew? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Facts. Dak doesn’t owe them a damn thing they think he does though.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Good against bad? Nah, only one sides crazy.