Twitter: Dak in postgame: Jump off the bandwagon if you want

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He lashed out at the fans.
Hence, the moniker.
The Great Divider.
I never mentioned the game.
Understood. But is Dak wrong? All he said was, "Jump off this bandwagon. Please. Please.. Please..."

Who has divided this fan base: Dak or those unruly and unappreciative daily Dak attacking fans?

RoboQB

Reaction score
Understood. But is Dak wrong? All he said was, "Jump off this bandwagon. Please. Please.. Please..."

Who has divided this fan base: Dak or those unruly and unappreciative daily Dak attacking fans?
He's starting to sound like Deion.
Seems to be looking to deflect to the fans.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He's starting to sound like Deion.
Seems to be looking to deflect to the fans.
Possibly. Or maybe Dak is tired of half of the fan base and their constant attacks and berating. I don't blame Dak for saying what he did. It needed to be said. Heck, I've been saying it for the past several years because half of this fanbase sound worse than Eagles fans. It's embarrassing.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He’s also not the answer.
Down 28 - 6 to start the 4th quarter, Dak helped bring the team within a FG of tying the game and sending it into overtime for a chance to win. Dak had 193 passing yards at the end of the 3rd quarter, more than Lamar Jackson's 182 passing yards for all 4 quarters.

Dak ended with 379 passing yards, 2 TDs and a 91.9 passer rating. Definitely was one of the few who played well enough.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Down 28 - 6 to start the 4th quarter, Dak helped bring the team within a FG of tying the game and sending it into overtime for a chance to win. Dak had 193 passing yards at the end of the 3rd quarter, more than Lamar Jackson's 182 passing yards for all 4 quarters.

Dak ended with 379 passing yards, 2 TDs and a 91.9 passer rating. Definitely was one of the few who played well enough.
We need production for the other 3 quarters.

His stats mean squat.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
We need production for the other 3 quarters.

His stats mean squat.
You think Dak wasn't trying during those 3 quarters? Did you even watch the game? 193 passing yards and 1 passing TD (could have been 2 had CeeDee not fumbled inside the Ravens 10 yard line) after 3 quarters does not mean Dak wasn't trying. He was. Other players need to step up. That's not including the many drive killing penalties on offense throughout those first 3 quarters.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You think Dak wasn't trying during those 3 quarters? Did you even watch the game? 193 passing yards and 1 passing TD (could have been 2 had CeeDee not fumbled inside the Ravens 10 yard line) after 3 quarters does not mean Dak wasn't trying. He was. Other players need to step up. That's not including the many drive killing penalties on offense throughout those first 3 quarters.
I’m not blaming Dak for the game.

Dak’s whatever. He’s a known front runner.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Possibly. Or maybe Dak is tired of half of the fan base and their constant attacks and berating. I don't blame Dak for saying what he did. It needed to be said. Heck, I've been saying it for the past several years because half of this fanbase sound worse than Eagles fans. It's embarrassing.
For me, at least, the measurement of QB expectations in terms of leadership is Staubach/Aikman. I don't see a world where either of them would do that in the media. I know, welcome to the 21st century, right.

I'd love for Dak to "prove me wrong" and lead the team to a SB victory, or appearance, or an NFC Championship Game but I just don't think it's in the cards, so to speak. The window has closed. Other teams have begun to pass over them in the NFC. Then again, it's only week 3 and a "get right" game coming up Thursday. I expect them to look like world beaters. After all, it's the Giants...lol

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

For 9 quarters before that he "helped" the team to one offensive touchdown (since halftime of the Browns game). You always seemingly forget to mention the stuff that doesn't look good for Dak, yet you say you aren't pining for him, just stating the facts. Kind of odd really.

I agree with what you said he did in the 4th quarter, but come on man. He isn't the problem, but for 9 out of 12 quarters this year he has been far from the answer. The highest paid player in the league needs to show out more than 25% of the time.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
For me, at least, the measurement of QB expectations in terms of leadership is Staubach/Aikman. I don't see a world where either of them would do that in the media. I know, welcome to the 21st century, right.

I'd love for Dak to "prove me wrong" and lead the team to a SB victory, or appearance, or an NFC Championship Game but I just don't think it's in the cards, so to speak. The window has closed. Other teams have begun to pass over them in the NFC. Then again, it's only week 3 and a "get right" game coming up Thursday. I expect them to look like world beaters. After all, it's the Giants...lol
1 thing you are failing to state...

Both Staubach and Aikman were surrounded by Super Bowl teams (best teams of the 70s and 90s).

I'm sure if they were surrounded by talentless crap teams like Romo and Dak have experienced, they might have lost their cool and said something to so many unruly and unappreciative "fans".

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
For 9 quarters before that he "helped" the team to one offensive touchdown (since halftime of the Browns game). You always seemingly forget to mention the stuff that doesn't look good for Dak, yet you say you aren't pining for him, just stating the facts. Kind of odd really.

I agree with what you said he did in the 4th quarter, but come on man. He isn't the problem, but for 9 out of 12 quarters this year he has been far from the answer.
You forget all of the drive-killing penalties, dropped passes, no run game whatsoever, receivers struggling to get open, Dak constantly under pressure and sacked, poor play designs and playcalling, etc.

Plus, a bad defense that can't stop the run, pass or scores.

Is it accidental or intentional on your part?
:huh:

RoboQB

Reaction score
1 thing you are failing to state...

Both Staubach and Aikman were surrounded by Super Bowl teams (best teams of the 70s and 90s).

I'm sure if they were surrounded by talentless crap teams like Romo and Dak have experienced, they might have lost their cool and said something to so many unruly and unappreciative "fans".
No, they definitely lost their cool. The difference is they called out players and coaches. Not fans. And not in the media. That's the difference.
As for roster comparisons, it's not relevant. Leaders are needed regardless of the roster talent level.
Also, the 21st Century athlete doesn't have it in him to lead like they did "back in the day". I know that sounds like "old guy yells at cloud" but that doesn't make it less true. Just an observation.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
At this point in his career, he knows a certain number of fans have never wanted him here, especially after taking over for Romo. As stated before, my nephew's stepdaughter was dating Tyson Campbell (CB/Jags) from college up to about a year ago. As he put it, most, if not all players don't put a lot of weight into fans other than PR/volunteer requests from their team. They care about their family, friends, teammates and coaches....that's it. I think this is where Dak is at.....he has seen enough and like heard enough to know he's never going to please some fans and has reached a point where doesn't care. In other words, you either with or not, if not, I don't care.

This is why I don't understand fans investing so much emotion into players .......you don't know, can't control and can care less about what you think. Maybe coz I'm now older but honestly Dak, Lamb, Tyler or any other player can make $100M for all I care .......coz at the end of the day, there's nothing you can do about it. It's way, way too much stress for me but to each its own.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The difference is they called out players and coaches
The difference is they called out players and coaches. Not fans. And not in the media. That's the difference.

:huh:Have read/heard players' comments from Sunday's game. All the players, Dak, DLaw, Parsons, Lewis, blamed themselves and their teammates. Not one mentions fans, media or coaches. They defended the coach's game plan(s) and said players need to do their job. I don't know about you but that's leadership in my book.

RoboQB

Reaction score
The difference is they called out players and coaches. Not fans. And not in the media. That's the difference.

:huh:Have read/heard players' comments from Sunday's game. All the players, Dak, DLaw, Parsons, Lewis, blamed themselves and their teammates. Not one mentions fans, media or coaches. They defended the coach's game plan(s) and said players need to do their job. I don't know about you but that's leadership in my book.
We're talking about QBs. You're a little behind in our discussion. Not sure why you cut and paste only part of it. Weird. Also the thread title literally references Dak calling out fans.

Last edited: