Dak is Delusional

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dak is smart to get out of dodge and go to an organization with real coaching and a GM if he cares about his 'legacy'. If he just wants a phat contract, stay here.
He can get both from somewhere else.

Mr_Slicky

Reaction score
Second in MVP last year. Even most of the best QB's require great talent around them. Other then Mahomes, which other top QB's doesn't have top talent around them?? Hurts?? Burrows, Tua? Shroud? Purdy?? Goff?? They all have Elite talent around them.
How many chances do you want to give Dak? The goal is to win the Super Bowl, right? Dak may play great during the regular season, but in the playoffs he does not play at an elite level. The fact is you cannot win the Super Bowl with the QB not playing his best. It doesn’t matter what talent you have around you. Dak has had the benefit of having all the pieces he needs. The bottom line is he cannot get over the hump. Why would you want to lock him up and cripple your team for several years to come? I’d rather have a losing record, knowing that we were building for the future, than to make the playoffs every year knowing you’re going get bounced in the first round.

Praxit

Reaction score
... I would let him play out his contract. Maybe that will get him, to think sharper in post season.

Not like the guy needs money to pay off his posh house.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Trey has had some picks but he's had some good throws too and he has great mobility, much faster then Dak. Let's see what he does in pre-season.
Here's a couple of his better plays since people are posting only the bad ones.

HanD

Reaction score
What demand has Dak made for his salary? did i miss this? Now if your saying Dak is delusional for thinking he will get big monay in FA and should sign a low deal with the Cowboys now, then that would be an opinion we could actually put to the test this off season...no one knows what or even if Dak has aksed for with the Cowboys.
We don't know for sure. One day he doesn't play for money, the next he has a responsibility to other players to get all he can.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Whether Dak is elite or not is for the fantasy football players and mediots to argue. What Dak does know is he was an All Pro last year. He’s also proven he’s never had a losing record. His resume isn’t Brady but his resume is much better than what Tua and Trevor has.
You’re also making the assumption Jerry is the one calling the shots. Dak may be the one who doesn’t want to play in Dallas and if he shares the same views as his brother he for sure doesn’t. Jerry and Stephen are the ones high on their own supply of incompetence. Not Dak.

In 2024 what is special about playing here? Nothing. There is not one perk to playing in Dallas.
If Dak doesn't want to play here that's fine with me! Let him waive that no-trade clause and lets get it done!
The sooner the better.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
If Dak doesn't want to play here that's fine with me! Let him waive that no-trade clause and lets get it done!
The sooner the better.
The only thing he’ll wave is his middle finger at ungrateful Cowboys fans when Jerry pays him $60 million per season or he signs with another team next year. Either way he’ll be all smiles when he’s waving it.

Bagman

Reaction score
You are delusional and Dak is 100% in control of the situation.
Jerry Jones is 100 % in control of his money. And he alone can decide if he wants to pay Dak Prescott $60 million a year for the next 5-6 yrs. At this very moment, Jones CAN'T win a SB WITH Prescott. He also may not win a SB with Daks replacement, but it won't cost near as much to keep the drought going.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Wouldn’t doubt it as I wouldn’t doubt he goes to another team and wins it all - not because he’s elite but just because that seems to be how it happens for the big name guys we run out of town … it is what it is
With or without Dak - this team fails to have a plan that isn’t flavor of the moment mgmt.
I’ll cheer for whomever has their name on the jersey as I cheer for the Star till I die
Yeah me too, except lately I don't have the guts to cheer for Dak and his greed. I've had about all I can stand of him. If he wanted a reasonable contract it would've been signed by now, but he doesn't. He knows Jerry is a sucker and he's gonna drain the Cowboys for every $M$M he can grab.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Dak is smart to get out of dodge and go to an organization with real coaching and a GM if he cares about his 'legacy'. If he just wants a phat contract, stay here.
And if the Cowboys were smart they'd hold the door open for him and let him go!

Chasing6

Reaction score
Jerry Jones is 100 % in control of his money. And he alone can decide if he wants to pay Dak Prescott $60 million a year for the next 5-6 yrs. At this very moment, Jones CAN'T win a SB WITH Prescott. He also may not win a SB with Daks replacement, but it won't cost near as much to keep the drought going.
Owner Jerry will cry when Dak refuses to sign with GM Jethro.

Flamma

Reaction score
The only thing he’ll wave is his middle finger at ungrateful Cowboys fans when Jerry pays him $60 million per season or he signs with another team next year. Either way he’ll be all smiles when he’s waving it.
No one is going to care if he waves it unless he does something he couldn't do in Dallas. Getting paid a ton of money somewhere else and not living up to that contract is just going to reinforce what many Cowboys fans already thought. But I agree with you, he'll be all smiles because he got paid.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Dak sucks in the playoffs, chokes it up. What are we grateful for? Beating up on the NY Giants in the regular season?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Dak is getting high on his own supply.
He's under the illusion or delusion that he is an Elite QB.
He doesn't understand or refuses to understand that Jerry can't and doesn't want to lock up the cap for a QB that has failed to produce any playoff success.
If he signs him to a long term deal not only will it affect the ability to sign or resign players, it will be a disaster too if the team doesn't have any playoff sucess this season.
The fans will be ready to move on from him and resent Dak and Jerry for doing the deal.
Dak isn't a Force Multiplier type QB where he helps elevate the talent around him. He requires superior talent around him to succeed.
Having Dak at such a high cap rate will hurt in getting the talent necessary to help him succeed. So Jerry doesn't want to commit himself to Dak and continue to be a mid level team. He will likely want to go the route of acquiring and keeping superior talent while having a QB who doesn't eat up so much cap space and could possibly give you the same or better results than Dak.
How exactly is Dak being delusional???

Tua just got $53 a year and Dak is statistically better than Tua in virtually every single category, including more playoff wins which Tua has exactly 0 of.

So, if you are Dak and you saw a statistically worse QB than yourself get $53, why is it delusional to think you can get $60 next year when you can negotiate with multiple teams and Tua got to negotiate with exactly one team???

Number one rule of auctions, the more bidders you have the higher the price...............Ergo, Dak can get a higher offer if he can negotiate with 10 teams instead of just 1 team.

That is not being delusional, that is called free market capitalism................Dak will indeed, as a free agent, get $60 or dam close to it, the only question is going to be what logo is on the side of his helmet. (Vegas is my prediction).