Dak is not a Franchise QB

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I would like one fan to name one back that can create his own holes to run through. Zeke just needs to stop pouting and make the best of what he has.

khiladi

Reaction score
I will rewatch when I get home, but when I viewed the game months ago, the pass to Fasano looked like a pass defensed instead of a drop. People were claiming Fasano was wide open, alone in the end zone is what made me go back and look at the play again. But I'll look at it again and see if there is a clearer angle.

Just as an aside, I’m pretty surprised by that TO play..

They actually put him in motion and ran a quick slant from the slot, something we never saw when JG got complete control over the offense.

I believe they ran a similar play from the other side that went like 70 yards against the Eagles (?) if I remember correctly.

khiladi

Reaction score
Didn’t help when Fragile Tony went down in 2013 with ~a week left and Orton was the back up QB for a win and in game against Philthy. It’s amazing we came as close to beating them as we did with him as the back up. BTW, Orton had better stats in this game then Romo did against Philthy earlier in the year which is more of a testament to coaching.

Last time I checked, JG didn’t go 20 for 37 and throw 3 INT’s, one of which was on the final drive that would have given us the lead with barely any time left but resulted in a Washington TD instead (courtesy of your boy Tony Romo). That was for another win and in game in 2012.

The other year you reference we got beat for yet another win and in game aganst the team that went on to win the Super Bowl, the Gnats.

Philly played man that whole game and Orton threw 2 INTs that cost the game and threw over 40 times. Not sure how that game demonstrates your point about ‘coaching’ and that Romo supposedly is the guy that was checking out of Garrett’s run plays that he was calling..

All those throws and could only muster 2 TD passes and one of them was basically to end the game..

Different QB and same result with costly TOs and no running game.. and Orton was a decent Qb that could put up numbers.

aria

Reaction score
Philly played man that whole game and Orton threw 2 INTs that cost the game and three over 40 times. Not sure how that game demonstrates your point about ‘coaching’ and that Romo supposedly is the guy that was checking out of Garrett’s run plays that he was calling..
Yeah, and he Orton also threw for 2 TD’s whereas Romo threw for 1 TD and 2 Int’s. They also scored a couple more points, perhaps Romo shouldn’t have allegedly checked out of Garrett’s run plays as often as you say he did.

It demonstrates my point about coaching because a back up QB who hadn’t played all season and had one week to prepare did a better job than the holier than thou Romo against the same team. If Romo was as invincible as most claim, and if his career was “ruined” by coaching, why did Orton have a better game under worse circumstances?

Let me guess. Romo was solely responsible for the first win during the season but the coaches ruined it for us in the second game even though they had a back up QB who played better?

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Hot damn, that dude has imploded since the 2016 season.

Yes he has. We aren’t alone in our QB struggles. But there is good news, unlike with the Raiders, we aren’t tied to a $125 million contract.

khiladi

Reaction score
Yeah, and he Orton also threw for 2 TD’s whereas Romo threw for 1 TD and 2 Int’s. They also scored a couple more points, perhaps Romo shouldn’t have allegedly checked out of Garrett’s run plays as often as you say he did.

It demonstrates my point about coaching because a back up QB who hadn’t played all season and had one week to prepare did a better job than the holier than thou Romo against the same team. If Romo was as invincible as most claim, and if his career was “ruined” by coaching, why did Orton have a better game under worse circumstances?

Let me guess. Romo was solely responsible for the first win during the season but the coaches ruined it for us in the second game even though they had a back up QB who played better?

So what? Orton threw two costly INTs and cost them the game against man coverage. and one of those TDs was basucally when the Eagles were just ceding time while up 8. Same issues with Garrett running the show whether Orton or Romo.. couldn’t get into the red zone.

And Romo won the first game. He didn’t cost them a game, because they won.

Callahan was also coaching at that time, while Garrett was interfering..

uvaballa

Reaction score
He got suspended for what he did pre-draft if I remember correctly.. not sure what relevance that has..

And I’m not sure how you can qualify Dak playing better than Zeke. If you argue he has more an impact, of course he’s the QB. But Zeke’s impact was clearly evident in the second half when Dallas moved the ball with a heavy dose of Zeke.

And just as Dak being all world would have more of an impact on a team than an all world RB, because Dak is the QB, hes also the primary reason why we suck offensively.

He’s the QB and QBs have more impact overall..
Just so I’m clear the QB is the reason teams win and lose? Is that why Dallls only has two playoff wins this decade?

khiladi

Reaction score
Just so I’m clear just so I’m clear the QB is the reason teams win and lose? Is that why Dallls only has two playoff wins this decade?

Just so I’m clear:

You think the RB has more of an impact on a team than a QB?

uvaballa

Reaction score
Just so I’m clear:

You think the RB has more of an impact on a team than a QB?
I think a defense can have more impact than either. You think it’s always the QB fault. I’m saying it’s more than the QB when the Oline isn’t playing well, the RB isn’t doing much, and the play calls suck.

aria

Reaction score
So what? Orton threw two costly INTs and cost them the game against man coverage. and one of those TDs was basucally when the Eagles were just ceding time while up 8. Same issues with Garrett running the show whether Orton or Romo.. couldn’t get into the red zone.

And Romo won the first game. He didn’t cost them a game, because they won.

Callahan was also coaching at that time, while Garrett was interfering..

And what’s your excuse for Romo costing us the game against Washington?

Haimerej

Reaction score
GBs defensive backfield was decimated, with backup scrubs and they were allowing 400 yard games to end the season.

Gave up 392 passing yards, 4 passing TDs and 44 points the next week in one of the most lopsided NFC Championship games in history.

khiladi

Reaction score
I think a defense can have more impact than either. You think it’s always the QB fault. I’m saying it’s more than the QB when the Oline isn’t playing well, the RB isn’t doing much, and the play calls suck.

Teams rarely win with great defenses and poor QB play. And when they do, those defenses are generational defenses and among the greatest ever.

The tape doesn’t lie and hasn’t for the last two years. Dak can’t throw point blank.

khiladi

Reaction score
And what’s your excuse for Romo costing us the game against Washington?

That’s easy... Garrett’s pass happy offense could never account for free blitz..

Garrett offense was dead last in play-actin usage as well, meaning they couldn’t devise a passing game built off the threat of a run. He was a disaster...

Dallas most successful offense by 2013 was ‘hurry up’ and there were talks in Dallas about whether they should go hurry-up, no huddle more, meaning they were only successful when the scrub’s play calling was scrapped and they relied on Romo free-styling to end games.

Dallas by the time Jerry finally decided to start relegating Jason to walk around HC happened when Dallas started operating out of shotgun like 85% of the time.

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
That’s easy... Garrett’s pass happy offense could never account for free blitz era..

Garrett offense was dead last in play-actin usage as well, meaning they couldn’t devise a passing game built off the threat of a run. He was a disaster...

Dallas most successful offense was ‘hurry up’ and there were talks in Dallas about whether they should go hurry-up, no huddle more, meaning they were only successful when the scrub’s play calling was scrapped and they relied on Romo free-styling to end games.
Lol, OMG, do you think Romo walks on water as well? Could he ever do anything wrong? So when they win, it was because Romo was checking out of JG’s plays and he was really the one orchestrating the offense and play calling but when they lost it was because of JG’s play calling.

Lol, I thought I’ve heard/seen it all but this is starting to get good. And by good I mean some of the most ridiculous Romo love I’ve ever seen on this site which is hard to beat.