Dak is not a Franchise QB

khiladi

Reaction score
Well he did have excellent QB play which you’ve said he needs. So maybe that’s why.

You’re also contradicting yourself very much lol. So Zeke was great against stacked boxes in 2016? So why can’t he do that now then? He’s the same guy correct?

How is that good QB play on clear running formations against stacked boxes?

There is nothing to contradict. Expecting that sustained level of play for a RB is ridiculous. Neither AP nor Charles sustained anywhere near those numbers.

That is the point.

Expecting Zeke to put up thise numbers in those type of situations is something not even a generational back like AP could do.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Clearly that’s what I was talking about.. your cute.. keep playing your games..
*you're* the one who said Zeke almost got 1,000 yards in only 10 games, but claiming he got 1,000 yards alone on 1st down. Math is off a little.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Zeke isn’t as good as you thought he was period. He’s only good if he has the best oline in the league and a great QB play.

This is so incredibly wrong. Sure the oline was better in 2016...and that always helps. But great QB play? Weren't the Cowboys ranked 1st in the NFL in rushing attempts and last in the NFL in passing attempts? Now since they both benefited from a great oline in 2016, who do you think was the catalyst, Dak or Zeke? This isn't hard now. One led the NFL in running attempts, the other brought up the rear in passing attempts. Who ya got?

Listen, Dak's numbers were good in 2016. But he can thank his oline and Zeke for the favorable conditions. Every QB can benefit from a good oline and strong running game, but not every QB absolutely needs it every week. Dak absolutely does need it.

Last edited:

kevm3

Reaction score
This is so incredibly wrong. Sure the oline was better in 2016...and that always helps. But great QB play? Weren't the Cowboys ranked 1st in the NFL in rushing attempts and last in the NFL in rushing attempts? Now since they both benefited from a great oline in 2016, who do you think was the catalyst, Dak or Zeke? This isn't hard now. One led the NFL in running attemtps, the other brought up the rear in passing attempts. Who ya got?

Listen, Dak's numbers were good in 2016. But he can thank his oline and Zeke for the favorable conditions. Every QB can benefit from a good oline and strong running game, but not every QB absolutely needs it every week. Dak absolutely does need it.

Any qb that wants success here is going to need amazing o line and running back play. Romo didn't break 8 and 8 until they rebuilt that o line and Murray had the historic year. No other qb could win a game as a starter aside from Dak and Romo here.

uvaballa

Reaction score

There is nothing to contradict. Expecting that sustained level of play for a RB is ridiculous. Neither AP nor Charles sustained anywhere near those numbers.

That is the point.

Expecting Zeke to put up thise numbers in those type of situations is something not even a generational back like AP could do.
No you said he can run against stacked boxes but now he can’t.

He only played 2/3 of last years so he got to rest quite a bit. He should be putting up big numbers now. Who else got that much time off? Zeke can run through holes but haven’t seen him be explosive since his rookie year.

khiladi

Reaction score
No you said he can run against stacked boxes but now he can’t.

He only played 2/3 of last years so he got to rest quite a bit. He should be putting up big numbers now. Who else got that much time off? Zeke can run through holes but haven’t seen him be explosive since his rookie year.

Where did I say that?

khiladi

Reaction score
Any qb that wants success here is going to need amazing o line and running back play. Romo didn't break 8 and 8 until they rebuilt that o line and Murray had the historic year. No other qb could win a game as a starter aside from Dak and Romo here.

Romo was 13-3, 9-7 and 10-6 while getting sacked over 30 times a season and an incompetent OC that didn’t know how to field a RG..

uvaballa

Reaction score
This is so incredibly wrong. Sure the oline was better in 2016...and that always helps. But great QB play? Weren't the Cowboys ranked 1st in the NFL in rushing attempts and last in the NFL in rushing attempts? Now since they both benefited from a great oline in 2016, who do you think was the catalyst, Dak or Zeke? This isn't hard now. One led the NFL in running attemtps, the other brought up the rear in passing attempts. Who ya got?

Dak played great in 2016. I would say it was more due to the oline than Zeke. The running game definitely helps the play action passing though.

Plus I remember the playoff game. Dark basically carried the team and Zeke didn’t do much. That playoff game was the only thing that made me think Dak could be the QB of the future. The regulars season was great but I like guys who play best in the postseason and he looked like he had that. Hadn’t seen that in a while here.

kevm3

Reaction score
Romo was 13-3, 9-7 and 10-6 while getting sacked over 30 times a season and an incompetent OC that didn’t know how to field a RG..

and went 8 and 8 three times in a row when that OC went on to become HC.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak played great in 2016. I would say it was more due to the oline than Zeke. The running game definitely helps the play action passing though.

Plus I remember the playoff game. Dark basically carried the team and Zeke didn’t do much. That playoff game was the only thing that made me think Dak could be the QB of the future. The regulars season was great but I like guys who play best in the postseason and he looked like he had that. Hadn’t seen that in a while here.

Zeke didn’t do much? What were you watching? He rushed for over 125 yards and a TD and pretty much was involved in every successful drive. Plus Dez played lights out in the second half..

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

That is the point.

You can say the same for Dak though. Putting up numbers against a team that is consistently putting you in long 3rd downs is just as tough. There is no easy answer here because they have put themselves in this situation. The answer is an experienced LG who can play and a WR who can consistently move the Sticks. Heck, a TE will do. If you had those things now, we wouldn't be in the this situation. Heck, I'd wager that we would have won that game last week, if we had those two things addressed.

JMO

kevm3

Reaction score
This team is 90s offense which is O line dependent and running game dependent. I guarantee you they don't bench Dak, because as soon as they put someone else in the game and he looks exactly the same, they can't put the blame on a player anymore

There's a reason why Dak, Cooper Rush, Mike White, Mark Sanchez, Brandon Weeden and more all pretty much look like the same guy and why Romo was throwing interception after interception.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Clearly, you are having a blast..
Well, maybe in the future if we try and debate something again we can try to understand each other's point, even if we disagree. I'll leave that up to you though.

khiladi

Reaction score
You can say the same for Dak though. Putting up numbers against a team that is consistently putting you in long 3rd downs is just as tough. There is no easy answer here because they have put themselves in this situation. The answer is an experienced LG who can play and a WR who can consistently move the Sticks. Heck, a TE will do. If you had those things now, we wouldn't be in the this situation. Heck, I'd wager that we would have won that game last week, if we had those two things addressed.

JMO

Of course and Dak hasn’t shown any consistent ability to throw the ball downfield and until he does, he’s going to be the main problem. Teams so far (aka Carolina) are loading the box on 2nd and 17 this year and daring Dak to throw deep.