Dak is not a Franchise QB

cern

Reaction score
So you think we can easily get one of those? Do you trust the Jones to pick the right first round QB? Weren’t they about to draft Paxton lynch in the first round a few years ago.
they clearly wanted carson wentz but the eagles leapfrogged us and got him. dak was an afterthought. the 2nd of our 4th round picks. he had the great rookie year and jerry proclaimed himself the Einstein of the gm's. then reality came back to bite us on the behind. the search begins anew.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Did I say that Giants defense was the best of all time?
Their defensive line that year was definitely elite though. Not sure what that proves.. Eli Manning also played lights out those playoffs and Eli is light years better than Dak ever is and is a HOF QB..
You said the best defenses all time are needed to beat the elite QBs. Since they beat Brady twice I assumed you think they were one of the best ever.

I never said Dak was better than Eli.

cern

Reaction score
Actually they tried extending Cousins, but he had faith in himself and chose to test the market.. he wanted a lot more money..
high stakes poker at its best. cousins laid down the winning hand. just like mack and the raiders.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Actually they tried extending Cousins, but he had faith in himself and chose to test the market.. he wanted a lot more money..
They call cousins Romo 2.0 here in DC area. Great stats but costly mistakes in critical moments. This is what I’ve heard from skins fans and not me.

khiladi

Reaction score
You said the best defenses all time are needed to beat the elite QBs. Since they beat Brady twice I assumed you think they were one of the best ever.

I never said Dak was better than Eli.

No, I didn’t say that. When referring to the Giants, their QB was Eli Manning, who isn’t a scrub like Dak Prescott. So they had great DL play with really good Q.B play.

The Seahawks and the Broncos, when they won, with ‘poor QB play’ had elite defense. And that rarely happens.

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
it's looking like jared goff can be added to the list. and when not injured, carson wentz. possibly kirk cousins.
Maybe top 10, but to me elite are the superachievers.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
So you think we can easily get one of those? Do you trust the Jones to pick the right first round QB? Weren’t they about to draft Paxton lynch in the first round a few years ago.
Nope, I'm with you. Finish building a killer defense and make the offense work around Prescott.

khiladi

Reaction score
They call cousins Romo 2.0 here in DC area. Great stats but costly mistakes in critical moments. This is what I’ve heard from skins fans and not me.

No they don’t. I’m in DC myself.

And many of my friends were upset they let Cousins go. But I’m not even sure what the point is. Fact of the matter is it was Cousins who wanted to test the market and wouldn’t sign an extension.

And he proved himself right and got paid big time..

cern

Reaction score
Maybe top 10, but to me elite are the superachievers.
I bet chucky would trade carr for goff even up. he was impressive against the raiders. and wouldn't you know, a top defense as well.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I bet chucky would trade carr for goff even up. he was impressive against the raiders. and wouldn't you know, a top defense as well.
I don't know, he thinks pretty highly of Carr. He said it was one of the reasons he took the job.

khiladi

Reaction score
I don't know, he thinks pretty highly of Carr. He said it was one of the reasons he took the job.

Carr played against Wade Phillips as DC and Donald and Suh upfront and the rest of that stacked defense.

who is his OC this year?

uvaballa

Reaction score
No they don’t. I’m in DC myself.

And many of my friends were upset they let Cousins go. But I’m not even sure what the point is. Fact of the matter is it was Cousins who wanted to test the market and wouldn’t sign an extension.

And he proved himself right and got paid big time..
Don’t know what part you’re in but you must not listen to local sports. Many fans were ok with not resigning cousins. Don’t make stuff up man.

aria

Reaction score
Romo slung the ball around because Garrett couldn’t field a running game. You even brought up Orton and even he slung the ball around.

That was the whole Dan Reeves debacle was about. Wade Phillips wanted him here to babysit Garrett around the run game and Garrett was constantly criticized here for abandoning the run.

Saying Romo slung the ball around as evidence of some point, when all the evidence points to Garrett’s inabilities including the fact the Cowboys were pretty much only successful in no huddle is just comical to me..

Romo ran the ball as soon as Garrett was relegated to the sidelines by Jerry as a walk around HC that wouldn’t have any say in the offense..

It’s all in the evidence.. Dallas was bottom of the league in play action and passed out of shotgun like 80% of the time. Romo wasn’t even allowed in game planning meetings by Garrett and that and as forced on top by Jerry when he gave Romo the new contract, which is when the leash around Garrett was tightened.

The Giants offense has been a laughing stock the last few years without an OL. Not sure what your talking about..
AGAIN, maybe Romo slung the ball around because he had no O line hence the shotgun. Which was it and what year was the 85% shotgun approach? When was the last time this team was built properly on both sides of the ball? That’s not on the coach with the Dallas Cowboys. The only coaches who did have significant input were run off. Why do you think no reputable coach wants to come here or stays here? These players aren’t hand picked by the HC a la the Patriots. Jerry was doing it for years and still has a say. I don’t think McClay is bad but I also don’t think he’s all that.

Constantly abandoning the run? How did Murray get so many yards? What about Zeke?

I’m not sure what you’re talking about with the Giants. I only mentioned them in reference to Eli having a horrendous O line while not being hurt and them drafting a RB so high when they still don’t have an O line. Neither statement was complimentary.

cern

Reaction score
6 picks against the rams might have caused him to change his mind. or was it just 5?? i'll bet the 100,000,000.00 helped sway him to take the job as well.

khiladi

Reaction score
Don’t know what part you’re in but you must not listen to local sports. Many fans were ok with not resigning cousins. Don’t make stuff up man.

Making stuff up.. I never said everybody liked Cousins. Of course some people didn’t like him. You on the other hand tried to claim he was a laughing stock here and the Commanders didn’t want him.

Reality is the Commanders offered him a long term contract which he turned down, because he wanted to become a free agent and get paid big bucks, which he did,

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...sins-53-million-but-he-prefers-franchise-tag/

khiladi

Reaction score
AGAIN, maybe Romo slung the ball around because he had no O line hence the shotgun. Which was it and what year was the 85% shotgun approach? When was the last time this team was built properly on both sides of the ball? That’s not on the coach with the Dallas Cowboys. The only coaches who did have significant input were run off. Why do you think no reputable coach wants to come here or stays here? These players aren’t hand picked by the HC a la the Patriots. Jerry was doing it for years and still has a say. I don’t think McClay is bad but I also don’t think he’s all that.

Constantly abandoning the run? How did Murray get so many yards? What about Zeke?

I’m not sure what you’re talking about with the Giants. I only mentioned them in reference to Eli having a horrendous O line while not being hurt and them drafting a RB so high when they still don’t have an O line. Neither statement was complimentary.

Because Callahan came here and Linehan became the playcaller and Jerry said Garrett wouldn’t touch the offense.

Jerry drafted Felix Jones over Chris Johnson, because that who Garrett wanted. And Jerry spent millions to shell out money in FA for big lineman for Houck, who Garrett wanted, while Wade wanted Mike Solari and zone blocking schemes..

How hard is that to understand?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Carr played against Wade Phillips as DC and Donald and Suh upfront and the rest of that stacked defense.

who is his OC this year?
LmB8.gif

cern

Reaction score
do you really think the skins kept franchising the guy if they didn't want him? why didn't they try and make a trade. the line would have been long.

aria

Reaction score
Because Callahan came here and Linehan became the playcaller and Jerry said Garrett wouldn’t touch the offense.

How hard is that to understand?
I figured you would say that, so he still gets the blame although he has no control and was neutered by Jerry like every other coach will be?