Dak is not a Franchise QB

uvaballa

Reaction score
Making stuff up.. I never said everybody liked Cousins. Of course some people didn’t like him. You on the other hand tried to claim he was a laughing stock here and the Commanders didn’t want him.

Reality is the Commanders offered him a long term contract which he turned down, because he wanted to become a free agent and get paid big bucks, which he did,

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...sins-53-million-but-he-prefers-franchise-tag/
Stop lying I never said the team didn’t want him. I said fans compared him to Romo. Many didn’t trust his decision making. I think they went to the playoffs once with him.

khiladi

Reaction score
I figured you would say that, so he still gets the blame although he has no control and was neutered by Jerry like every other coach will be?

How is he neutered by Jerry when he promoted his own brother to passing game coordinator after one year as TE coach?

Jerry leveraged a draft to get him Roy Williams, because the Offense was stagnating..

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
They call cousins Romo 2.0 here in DC area. Great stats but costly mistakes in critical moments. This is what I’ve heard from skins fans and not me.
Yup. Stanford, Romo, Cousins. All pretty much the same. Good stat collectors but need a team to carry them to success. Otherwise just regular season warriors and watch playoffs at home.

khiladi

Reaction score
Stop lying I never said the team didn’t want him. I said fans compared him to Romo. Many didn’t trust his decision making. I think they went to the playoffs once with him.

Of course you did::

“LMAO @ Cousins being elite. Even the skins didn’t trust that dude and they always overpay guys.”

You were flat out wrong. The Skins offered him money and he turned it down and they didn’t let him walk and kept putting the franchise tag on him. And he ended up getting huge money in Minnesota, though most were expecting him to be reunited with Kyle Shanahan in SF.

cern

Reaction score
How is he neutered by Jerry when he promoted his own brother to passing game coordinator after one year as TE coach?

Jerry leveraged a draft to get him Roy Williams, because the Offense was stagnating..
garrett also openly defied jerry when he took back the play calling from Callahan a few years ago. first time I had any respect for him. jerry relented and told him to bring in his own coordinator. he chose linehan. but linehan essentially runs garrett's offense. ergo, we founder.

aria

Reaction score

Promoting his brother to pgc is some sort of power? Lol. We all know he is nothing more than Jerry’s personal puppet which is why he is here.

khiladi

Reaction score
garrett also openly defied jerry when he took back the play calling from Callahan a few years ago. first time I had any respect for him. jerry relented and told him to bring in his own coordinator. he chose linehan. but linehan essentially runs garrett's offense. ergo, we founder.

That just shows how much Jerry is tied to Garrett. So much incompetence, but he keeps him around. The whole Garrett family is tied to this organization.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Of course you did::

“LMAO @ Cousins being elite. Even the skins didn’t trust that dude and they always overpay guys.”

You were flat out wrong. The Skins offered him money and he turned it down and they didn’t let him walk and kept putting the franchise tag on him. And he ended up getting huge money in Minnesota, though most were expecting him to be reunited with Kyle Shanahan in SF.
Sorry I meant many of the fans weren’t onboard signing him to a big deal.

I know the team tagged him twice but they tagged him because they weren’t sure of him. If they were sure they would have signed him right away don’t you think? Before the price tag went up. Most teams don’t wait on QBs because the price goes up quickly.

khiladi

Reaction score
Promoting his brother to pgc is some sort of power? Lol. We all know he is nothing more than Jerry’s personal puppet which is why he is here.

And trying to start scrubby Kevin Ogletree, his brothers pet project from VA, shows he was powerless as passing game coordinator? Jerry relented on Dan Reeves and Garrett retained full control of the offense. Felix Jones was because Garrett preferred him to Johnson. Wade wasn’t even in the offenses practices.

This is comical, you trying to say Garrett was neutered when even he tolerated Garrett interfering with Callahan..

khiladi

Reaction score
Sorry I meant many of the fans weren’t onboard signing him to a big deal.

I know the team tagged him twice but they tagged him because they weren’t sure of him. If they were sure they would have signed him right away don’t you think? Before the price tag went up. Most teams don’t wait on QBs because the price goes up quickly.

No, they tagged him because he rejected their offers. They tried SIGNING him which he rejected and chose the franchise tag, because he wanted to hit the market .

aria

Reaction score
And trying to start scrubby Kevin Ogletree, his brothers pet project from VA, shows he was powerless as passing game coordinator? Jerry relented on Dan Reeves and Garrett retained full control of the offense. Felix Jones was because Garrett preferred him to Johnson. Wade wasn’t even in the offenses practices.

This is comical, you trying to say Garrett was neutered when even he tolerated Garrett interfering with Callahan..
Compared to most other HC’s, yup, that’s exactly what I’m saying.

uvaballa

Reaction score
No, they tagged him because he rejected their offers. They tried SIGNING him which he rejected and chose the franchise tag, because he wanted to hit the market .

I thought the first time the skins were hesitant and the second time Kirk felt disrespected but maybe not. Just not like the skins to not sign a guy especially a QB because they always throw money around.

khiladi

Reaction score
Every Garrett brother played on this team when Father Garrett got them here. John, Judd and Jason.. Judd is now Director of Pro Personnel and John was TE coach and then passing game coordinator up until 2012. But Jerry didn’t even fire him in 2012, while firing everybody else. He gave him a graceful exit and John left the team to look for college coaching opportunities. He left went he still didn’t have a job.

Father Garrett has a video dedicating to himself on the Cowboys web page and Jimmy Johnson still isn’t in the ROh. Father Garrettt, Larry Lacewell and Stephen Jones were all the ‘gurus’ of the Personnel department from 1997 onwards..

And these guys here are saying Jason Garrett was neutered when in fact the Garrett family in Dallas is the very example of nepotism and incompetence..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
6 picks against the rams might have caused him to change his mind. or was it just 5?? i'll bet the 100,000,000.00 helped sway him to take the job as well.
Unlike a ton of overreacting fans here, I'm not sweating the first game of the season.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Unlike a ton of overreacting fans here, I'm not sweating the first game of the season.
tumblr_mdg94qUs6G1rhd46ao1_400.gif

aria

Reaction score
Every Garrett brother played on this team when Father Garrett got them here. John, Judd and Jason.. Judd is now Director of Pro Personnel and John was TE coach and then passing game coordinator up until 2012. But Jerry didn’t even fire him in 2012, while firing everybody else. He gave him a graceful exit and John left the team to look for college coaching opportunities. He left went he still didn’t have a job.

Father Garrett has a video dedicating to himself on the Cowboys web page and Jimmy Johnson still isn’t in the ROh. Father Garrettt, Larry Lacewell and Stephen Jones were all the ‘gurus’ of the Personnel department from 1997 onwards..

And these guys here are saying Jason Garrett was neutered when in fact the Garrett family in Dallas is the very example of nepotism and incompetence..
Nepotism isn’t all that uncommon in the NFL, plus these examples you have given are very small and insignificant in the big picture. So his dad has a video dedicating to himself on their web page...big deal, Jerry probably keeps it up there for himself when he’s alone.

Former players having a spot on a team in some capacity is very common, that has nothing to do with JG’s role as a head coach being greatly diminished.

khiladi

Reaction score
Nepotism isn’t all that uncommon in the NFL, plus these examples you have given are very small and insignificant in the big picture. So his dad has a video dedicating to himself on their web page...big deal, Jerry probably keeps it up there for himself when he’s alone.

Former players having a spot on a team in some capacity is very common, that has nothing to do with JG’s role as a head coach being greatly diminished.

Yes, having Garrett’s in multiple positions including key ones, such as Director of Pro Personnel or HC or passing game coordinator after one year of being a TE coach, with zero true coaching experience and while doing absolutely nothing, are just in ‘some capacity’..

Don’t get me started on Father Garrett and the “next Aikman”, Drew Henson..

bring forth a similar example like the Garrett family in one organization like Dallas..

aria

Reaction score
I’m not going to look it up but I believe on the radio today they said the last 4 times we lost the first game of the season we’ve made the playoffs (something like that). It sounds like BS but I’m pretty sure that’s what they said although they may have been wrong. It seems hard to believe being we hardly ever go to the playoffs but maybe its right.