Dak is not a Franchise QB

aria

Reaction score
Yes, having Garrett’s in multiple positions including key ones, such as Director of Pro Personnel or HC, with zero true coaching experience and while doing absolutely nothing, are just in ‘some capacity’.. bring forth a similar example..
That doesn’t mean his role hasn’t been diminished. Compared to most coaches he’s pretty much a figurehead. Do you not think Jerry is a micromanaging owner?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I’m not going to look it up but I believe on the radio today they said the last 4 times we lost the first game of the season we’ve made the playoffs (something like that). It sounds like BS but I’m pretty sure that’s what they said although they may have been wrong. It seems hard to believe being we hardly ever go to the playoffs but maybe its right.
I do know that there's a low percentage of making the playoffs if a team loses the 1st two games. We'll see.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
That doesn’t mean his role hasn’t been diminished. Compared to most coaches he’s pretty much a figurehead. Do you not think Jerry is a micromanaging owner?

So you have no examples..

If Jerry was micromanaging, why did it take 7 years to finally pull the plug on Garrett’s play-calling? When was Jerry calling plays? Why did it take Jerry from on top to put Romo in game planning meetings when he gave him the new contract, if Garrett had no power all these years?

aria

Reaction score
Yes, having Garrett’s in multiple positions including key ones, such as Director of Pro Personnel or HC or passing game coordinator after one year of being a TE coach, with zero true coaching experience and while doing absolutely nothing, are just in ‘some capacity’..

Don’t get me started on Father Garrett and the “next Aikman”, Drew Henson..

bring forth a similar example like the Garrett family in one organization like Dallas..
I said nepotism isn’t uncommon nor are hiring former players. Being that all 3 brothers played here, their employment as former players isn’t a big surprise. Besides, that has little to do with JG as a HC and more to do with Jerry taking care of past players which he is known and sometimes criticized for doing.

aria

Reaction score
So you have no examples..

If Jerry was micromanaging, why did it take 7 years to finally pull the plug on Garrett’s play-calling?
I said he has been REDUCED. Would you like me to rephrase it so you can hopefully understand it?

khiladi

Reaction score
I said nepotism isn’t uncommon nor are hiring former players. Being that all 3 brothers played here, their employment as former players isn’t a big surprise. Besides, that has little to do with JG as a HC and more to do with Jerry taking care of past players which he is known and sometimes criticized for doing.

They all played here because Father Garrett as a scout brought them over from the Arena league.. and you addressed none of my post..

Bring for examples of something similar to any other family like the Garrett’s in this organization, including Jason being named HC and given all sorts of a leash despite his incompetence..

khiladi

Reaction score
I said he has been REDUCED. Would you like me to rephrase it so you can hopefully understand it?

You said he had been neutered by Jerry ever since he’s been a HC.. how so?

Jerry reduced his role when he proved himself incompetent, meaning Jerry’s hand was forced by Garrett himself..

Congratulations, we are getting somewhere now...

aria

Reaction score
They all played here because Father Garrett as a scout brought them over from the Arena league.. and you addressed none of my post..

Bring for examples of something similar to any other family like the Garrett’s in this organization..
I’ve asked you 2-3 separate times what year the 85% shotgun approach was and what you thought of the O line that year and have yet to receive a response. I finally gave up because you clearly have a reading comprehension problem which is why you still can’t grasp what I said in reference to JG as HC.

aria

Reaction score
You said he had been neutered by Jerry ever since he’s been a HC.. how so?

Jerry reduced his role when he proved himself incompetent, meaning Jerry’s hand was forced by Garrett himself..

Congratulations, we are getting somewhere now...
Let’s start with his input as far as players? Who was calling the overall shots when he first took over? I know he publicly supported some players, which he should as HC, but who had the ultimate say?

Most teams have a competent GM that works closely with the coach or they give the coach control, we have Jerry who has done neither.

khiladi

Reaction score
I’ve asked you 2-3 separate times what year the 85% shotgun approach was and what you thought of the O line that year and have to receive a response. I finally gave up because you clearly have a reading comprehension problem which is why you still can’t grasp what I said in reference to JG as HC.

You clearly haven’t given up. Your using that as an excuse now, because you have no such examples of anything like the Garrett family in other organizations.

I answered it.. they went no huddle-shotgun because they had to abandon the pathetic play calling of Garrett. I also answered it when I said they were playing down and distance and that allowed defenses to blitz on those third and longs, killing Romo.

khiladi

Reaction score
Let’s start with his input as far as players? Who was calling the overall shots when he first took over? I know he publicly supported some players, which he should as HC, but who had the ultimate say?

Most teams have a competent GM that works closely with the coach or they give the coach control, we have Jerry.

Like I said, Jerry took Felix Jones over Johnson, because Garrett wanted him. They also drafted tashard Choice and they still couldn’t field a RG.

Jones leverages a draft to get Garrett’s offense Roy Williams. Jones was about to bring Dan Reeves here, who Wade Phillips wanted and Jerry squashed it last second and the idea of bringing in an offensive consultant was squashed.

aria

Reaction score
You clearly haven’t given up. Your using that as an excuse now, because you have no such examples of anything like the Garrett family in other organizations.

I answered it.. they went no huddle-shotgun because they had to abandon the pathetic play calling of Garrett. I also answered it when I said they were playing down and distance and that allowed defenses to blitz on those third and longs, killing Romo.
Lol. Still no year nor any thought on the O line which is what I have now specifically asked for at least 3 times.

Forget it dude, this is going nowhere, nor will it. Romo walks on water and Jerry is a great GM and owner, I think you finally have convinced me.

khiladi

Reaction score
Lol. Still no year nor any thought on the O line which is what I have now specifically asked for at least 3 times.

Forget it dude, this is going nowhere, nor will it. Romo walks on water and Jerry is a great GM and owner, I think you finally have convinced me.

It’s going nowhere because you are in denial..

And that OL coach was brought in by Garrett himself, when Wade wanted Mike Solari. Garrett never coached outside man-blocking schemes and Jerry spent money to try and get big, hefty lineman for Garrett and Houck.

How exactly was Garrett neutered? He’s been given the biggest leash of any coach in history. At least Marvin Lewis has major credit for defenses in a SB win to his resume

khiladi

Reaction score
The only reason Garrett remains as HC is because Jerry loves the Garrett family. Wade was fired, despite 3 out of 4 winning seasons, and that losing season Garrett’s offense in like 7 games had 19 TOs. And he got the Cowboys their first playoff win in seventeen years.

They used to blame the defense all the time and Jerry went from a 3-4 to 4-3 and fired a bunch of DC, but never once changed the offense, because it would have affected Garrett. It only started happening after year 7 and Romo got the new contract and everybody in Dallas media was calling out Garrett’s pathetic play-calling. But even then, when they made moves to change the offense with Callahan, Garrett started interfering per Jones himself and it wasn’t fair to Callahan and per Jerry, Garrett was effectively the play caller that year. So even that Jerry tolerated and then appeased Garrett by bringing in another guy Garrett worked with in Linehan during the Saban years. Hell, even Dooley was with Saban and Garrett in Miami, along with Houck.

Jason had total control over the offense and if anything, Jerry gave him a huge leash and us fans and players like Witten and Romo, Ware were the ones who were cheated.

Jerry now thinks 2016, per his own words, is evidence once can just win with decent coordinators, while he protects his ‘adopted son’ Garrett. Yes, Jerry has neutered Garrett to a significant extent, but that’s because Garrett himself proved he needed to be neutered. But Jerry doesn’t want to fire him and will do everything in his power to keep this facade going, because he wasted years and players for this clown and he’s clearly part of the family and probably Stephen Jones best friend.

And Garrett himself really doesn’t care, because he knows he never going to get a job like this again, that pays him the big bucks.

So the coordinators will be made the scapegoats..

Last edited:

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I've always said we aren't married to him. This year tells the tale, one game doesn't. I gave him the benefit of the doubt last year when Zeke and Tyron were out but no reason for a doubtful benefit last week or going forward. I hope he improves to avoid the rotating QB carousel but if he doesn't 2019 draft first round pick. Bridgewater is the only decent FA QB and there could be a bidding war for him. Answer draft! Too soon to say that though

aria

Reaction score
The only reason Garrett remains as HC is because Jerry loves the Garrett family. Wade was fired, despite 3 out of 4 winning seasons, and that losing season Garrett’s offense in like 7 games had 19 TOs. And he got the Cowboys their first playoff win in seventeen years.

They used to blame the defense all the time and Jerry went from a 3-4 to 4-3 and fired a bunch of DC, but never once changed the offense, because it would have affected Garrett. It only started happening after year 7 and Romo got the new contract and everybody in Dallas media was calling out Garrett’s pathetic play-calling. But even then, when they made moves to change the offense with Callahan, Garrett started interfering per Jones himself and it wasn’t fair to Callahan and per Jerry, Garrett was effectively the play caller that year. So even that Jerry tolerated and then appeased Garrett by bringing in another guy Garrett worked with in Linehan during the Saban years. Hell, even Dooley was with Saban and Garrett in Miami, along with Houck.

Jerry thinks 2016, per his own words, is evidence once can just win with decent coordinators, while he protects his ‘adopted son’ Garrett. Yes, Jerry has neutered Garrett to a significant extent, but that’s because Garrett himself proved he needed to be neutered. But Jerry doesn’t want to fire him and will do everything in his power to keep this facade going, because he wasted years and players for this clown and he’s clearly part of the family and probably Stephen Jones best friend.

And Garrett himself really doesn’t care, because he knows he never going to get a job like this again, that pays him the big bucks.

So the coordinators will be made the scapegoats..
FYI, I gave you a like for agreeing with a good portion of that.

Not trying to start another debate but here are some examples of nepotism. Yeah, some have football backgrounds and some don’t. No, there aren’t three brothers but there probably would be if all 3 brothers played for the same team and the owner liked their family.

https://thebiglead.com/2018/01/12/norv-turner-nepotism-carolina-panthers-son-brother-hired/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...6883aacba64_story.html?utm_term=.e4dec05443fb

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887323829504578272282907307030

khiladi

Reaction score
FYI, I gave you a like for agreeing with a good portion of that.

Not trying to start another debate but here are some examples of nepotism. Yeah, some have football backgrounds and some don’t. No, there aren’t three brothers but there probably would be if all 3 brothers played for the same team and the owner liked their family.

https://thebiglead.com/2018/01/12/norv-turner-nepotism-carolina-panthers-son-brother-hired/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...6883aacba64_story.html?utm_term=.e4dec05443fb

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887323829504578272282907307030

And even Wade Phillios son was hired when he was here. These are cases where a HC gives their son an assistant position coach job as starts in the league.

Nobody is denying nepotism in the league. What I stated was provide for me any similarity to the Garrett family here..

You can’t.. the whole Garrett family is tied to this organization in multiple key positions in one organization and they have consistently moved up despite proving nothing.

aria

Reaction score
And even Wade Phillios son was hired when he was here. Nobody is denying nepotism in the league. What I stated was provide for me any similarity to the Garrett family here.. you can’t..
Lol, so you want me to find 3 brothers and a father that were involved in some capacity with the same NFL team to prove that JG had more than typical HC’ing “power”? This is so ridiculous, I should have never even responded (like you with the year and thoughts of the O line during the 85% shotgun approach).

Your last statement was at least well thought out and made you appear somewhat rational but this negates all of that. Way to go champ!

InTheZone

Reaction score
Romo never excelled at timing routes and the coaching staff never bothered to develop that skill. Dallas' coaching staff expects players to develop themselves.

Dak needs to figure out how to make his reads quicker or take off running sooner.
a lot of Romo picks were from timing passes, misreads on what the WR is going to do, and the few he threw right to the defender (skins game that ended on a pick, last panthers game where the defense was running our routes, and the first game against 49ers in 2014 which btw no qb ever finished a season after starting a game like that at his age and that ended up being his best year)