Dak is not a Franchise QB

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Nonsense. Cowboys scored 19, 17, 28, 30, 31, 40, 33 and 28 pts before that game, an average of 28 a game. 16 tds, only 4 ints. 4 ratings of 105 or better. Average completion rate of over 63%. One fumble, which was recovered by Dallas. 5-3 record.

He did not suck before the Atlanta game...

He is the same player today that he was in 2016. His flaws were obvious then but absolutely everything went right for him and the wins were enough to keep most from looking behind the curtain.

Cap12

Reaction score
Not true at all. Your hatred is making you awfully silly.
He didn't "suck" before that game but the tendencies were still there. Now they are just magnified to the 10th degree. I tink Linehan needs to dumb down the playbook again like in 2016, because Dak is simply not developing the way quality NFL QBs have developed by year 3.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He didn't "suck" before that game but the tendencies were still there. Now they are just magnified to the 10th degree. I tink Linehan needs to dumb down the playbook again like in 2016, because Dak is simply not developing the way quality NFL QBs have developed by year 3.
Who played great on offense?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Any quarterback can hit a high percentage with low interceptions if they dink and dunk.

And college is nothing. Kellen Moore has unbelievable college stats. Winningest quarterback in college history.

All I'm saying is that if he just can't do it, that should have showed up at least a bit in college, and it didn't. And Moore didn't play SEC teams but seldom, he was a lower echelon team's quarterback, Dak played big time teams...

Coy

Reaction score
This is painful but, how many many teams would switch QB's with us right now.

NFC East: Eli, Alex Smith, Wentz
NFC West: Jimmy G, Wilson, Goff, Rosen
NFC North: Rodgers, Cousins, Trubisky, Stafford
NFC South: Brees, Cam, Ryan, Winston

AFC East: Brady, Tanehill, Josh Allen, Darnold
AFC West: Rivers, Mahomes, Carr, Keenum
AFC North: Ben, Flacco, Mayfield, Dalton
AFC South: Luck, Watson, Mariota, Bortles.

Think about it, maybe 4, Eli, Winston, Bortles, Tanehill and those 4 could be toss ups.
BTW, I put the 2018 1st round rookies even if they are not starting yet, I'd have a hard time imagining that the GM's on those teams would make that trade.

Dak ain't a franchise QB

Last edited:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The Cowboys offense in 6 of the last 9 games have scored 12 points or less....if that's not alarming for an offense then I don't know what is!

And how many of those games was Zeke on the field? 3. You take away a 1,600 yard rusher from any team and the offense will suffer, especially one built to win by running the ball...

reddyuta

Reaction score
I would give him the entire season to show us he can be our franchise QB,either he will show us improvement or we will be drafting a QB.

lockster

Reaction score
IF he isn't, you can't really blame the FO for believing he was after his first season fireworks.
The heck I can't. I knew what hid weaknesses were, I was just hoping they could improve him. When u are running wishbone crap for ur qb, that means he's not an nfl qb.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Yes you can blame the front office. There was a better player on the roster at the position his rookie season. Plenty of forum members here noticed Dak’s accuracy issues and poor footwork back then and were written off as Romo fan boys.
Now this is true. We can all go back to threads were people pointed out Dak issues (even when he was winning).

Cap12

Reaction score
Who played great on offense?
It starts with the signal caller. If they take away the run and your QB can't beat man to man coverage, your offense is going to be bad. Yeah, WRs weren't always getting open and OL not always blocking well, but most of the time that wasn't true. There were a lot of plays to be made and Dak didn't make them. Whether incomplete or passes due to poor throws or makable passes that for some reason were never attempted, Dak looked like garbage in the first half and only barely average in the second. he simply needs to play better. Hopefully, he'll show out against the Giants, but I'm not too optimisitic.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
It's quite simple really...

Would you rather have Dak, or either of the ballyhood 1st rounders over the past few seasons? Wentz, Goff, Darnold, or Mayfield? Hell, I'd take Trubiskey right now. There's a reason why teams pay a premium for the QB position. This is a QB league.

Sorry, but the way I see it, we need this to be a 1988 season. Gimme a top 5 pick with the solid crop of QBs coming out, get me a new coaching staff, and go from there. It's time to stop stringing out the mediocrity folks.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It starts with the signal caller. If they take away the run and your QB can't beat man to man coverage, your offense is going to be bad. Yeah, WRs weren't always getting open and OL not always blocking well, but most of the time that wasn't true. There were a lot of plays to be made and Dak didn't make them. Whether incomplete or passes due t poor throws or makable passes that for some reason were never attempted, Dak looked like garbage in the first half and only barely average in the second. he simply needs to play better. Hopefully, he'll show out against the Giants, but I'm not too optimisitic.
I'm not excluding Prescott, he sucked. So who else was great?

I went back and watched the game again because a lot of fans were saying that Prescott froze and didn't hit running lanes when the play broke down. What I say was a bunch of plays broke down and Kuechly hounding the LOS. That guy was unstoppable. If we have Fred that wouldn't happen, he is great at second level blocking. Many pieces failed.

9of11

Reaction score
Too me, you have to have your QB's back...right now Dak has a lot going against him. The coaching staff and QB coach. Might be the worse move in football history having a QB coach who was mediocre to bad during his entire football career and having him try to "Teach" a QB with lots of potential and who needs lots of coaching and make him a better QB when the QB coach couldn't even be taught himself. So how is that going to work out? As we saw this preseason, Kellen turned our backup QB with lots of potential into a nightmare. Our coaching didn't do any better by not getting him enough weapons around Dak. I don't blame Dak just yet, but he's at a huge disadvantage with what he has to work with Kellen wise and coaching staff wise.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I was one of the people expressing concerns.
i believe you! Also I understand why everyone is expressing their views on Dak more openly. Prior to this game, there was some backlash on any criticism of Dak.

While i remain somewhere in the middle and hopefully ( although my brain tells me not be silly), I can understand why people feel vindicated and are venting now.

At the end of the day, we are all still Cowboys fans!

Cap12

Reaction score
I'm not excluding Prescott, he sucked. So who else was great?

I went back and watched the game again because a lot of fans were saying that Prescott froze and didn't hit running lanes when the play broke down. What I say was a bunch of plays broke down and Kuechly hounding the LOS. That guy was unstoppable. If we have Fred that wouldn't happen, he is great at second level blocking. Many pieces failed.
Yeah, the seocond level blocking wasn't there but that affect the running game mostly. This was one of those games where the other team told you, "beat us with the pass". Yes, they got good play from their Dline and great play from Kuechly, but you can't get the story of the game by rewatching it on normal TV. According to Broaddus and others who have watched the game live or on the "All 22", there were a bunch of plays that were blocked well enough, where Dak failed to identify open receivers. That is a problem that cannot be identified on a normal TV broadcast because you can't see the whole field on your screen.

erod

Reaction score
All I'm saying is that if he just can't do it, that should have showed up at least a bit in college, and it didn't. And Moore didn't play SEC teams but seldom, he was a lower echelon team's quarterback, Dak played big time teams...
How many current great quarterbacks in the NFL came from the SEC?

Don't overrate that conference. After 2-3 teams, it's very average.

Cap12

Reaction score
i believe you! Also I understand why everyone is expressing their views on Dak more openly. Prior to this game, there was some backlash on any criticism of Dak.

While i remain somewhere in the middle and hopefully ( although my brain tells me not be silly), I can understand why people feel vindicated and are venting now.

At the end of the day, we are all still Cowboys fans!
Absolutely. And believe it or not nobody roots as hard for Dak as I do. That is why I'm so frustrated and worried and have needed to vent.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Before he was a starter Parcells used to stand behind Romo in practice with a stopwatch and bark if he didn't get the ball out soon enough.
Parcells is a Hall of Fame HC. Jason Garrett is only the HC of a NFL team because of Jerry Jones.