Dak is not the answer

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
Glad you mentioned the defense.

hard lose or even feel pressure of losing when you only have to score 8 points a game to win.:laugh:
it changes everything
Doesn't matter how great Dak becomes, if our defense continues to fold like a lawn chair in key situations like they have over the past decade then he'll be destined for the same fate as Romo. Hell, even Aaron Rodgers has only won 1 superbowl because he always has a trash defense. Same with Drew Brees.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Dak had an awful game in the middle of an overall **** show. I'm not willing to give up on him after his worst game ever. He has had enough good and great games to continue as our starting QB. If he doesn't show improvement, then we look to replace him. Replacing him now would be knee jerk.

Dak was the biggest reason for not having a bigger lead in 1st half. The defense balled for a change but Dak was a mess. Run game and protection were good too so no excuses for him. He stunk all night in fact.

That said we ain't gonna find a better starting QB anytime soon - we roll with him and hopefully get better players and coaches to help him in 2018.

Mind_Liberator

Andrei Kostitsyn
Reaction score
Cowboys fans are a fickle bunch. If Sean Lee, Tyron Smith and Zeke Elliott were playing healthy yesterday, you'd be celebrating a victory today. But because of those absences, you are ready to quite on your QB. He's not a bum, he just needs his supporting cast back.
No, because of their absences, those who were blinded can now see that he isn't good enough to make the throws needed to win big games. Yes, if we have a completely healthy lineup he is certainly good enough to drive the bus, but that won't get you past they best in the game, in my opinion.

Must be so infuriating for guys like Dez and Beasley to be open but routinely get the ball late or so poorly thrown they don't even have a chance to make a play on it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Doesn't matter how great Dak becomes, if our defense continues to fold like a lawn chair in key situations like they have over the past decade then he'll be destined for the same fate as Romo. Hell, even Aaron Rodgers has only won 1 superbowl because he always has a trash defense. Same with Drew Brees.
Brees too.

Though that might change this year

haleyrules

Reaction score
This is what happens when you put a young QB with Wade Wilson. The first year wasn't enough time for Wade to ruin him, it took him into his second year to really dismantle his mechanics and ruin his psyche.
That's about it. Toss in Garrett and he might as well retire now. I have no faith in Prescott's development under the present coaching staff.

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
Brees too.

Though that might change this year
I threw in the ninja edit that added Brees to my comment at the same time you replied

Weird to see the Saints with a solid defense. Goes to show that investment via free agency and high draft picks can turn things around in a few years. Jacksonville has also shown this

RS12

Reaction score
Dak is good enough to win with, but a lot has to go right. He is not good enough to carry a team, most QBs arent. His accuracy in the pocket needs a lot of work. Like him but if somebody they like better comes along, dont hesitate.

9darter

Reaction score
*Dak throws 20 feet over Beasley's head*

Dak fanboys: BEASLEY WHY DIDN'T YOU GROW TALLER!?

It's Dez
It's the o-line
It's defense
It's "the surrounding talent"
It's the coaches
It's playcalling
It's "the environment"
It's injuries
It's only his second year
He's only a fourth rounder
We have the most stupid fans
Why do you love Wentz, are you a fan or what?
Etc. etc. etc.

Nothing is on Dak. Can't be. Impossible!!

Wood

Reaction score
QB's don't grow on tree's and we have one of the best situations in the NFL as far as young QB's go.

He's just not ready to air it out for 300+ yards and 3TD's consistently like Romo did. Not many QB's are.

He needs a Ben Roethlisberger type of situation.

Rock solid defense, a ground game, and WR's who make timely plays when he buys time.

If you wanted a Carson Wentz type then you had to go get him. It wasn't going to just fall to you.

We chose not to but we struck gold.

Anyways.. Stop worrying about Dak. Lets fix some of these other leaks in our boat before we blame this thing sinking on Dak.

I don't think Wentz is generational talent. But I think he is very good. Absolutely tier 1. There certainly is opportunity in next few drafts to get someone on same level.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
No, because of their absences, those who were blinded can now see that he isn't good enough to make the throws needed to win big games. Yes, if we have a completely healthy lineup he is certainly good enough to drive the bus, but that won't get you past they best in the game, in my opinion.

Must be so infuriating for guys like Dez and Beasley to be open but routinely get the ball late or so poorly thrown they don't even have a chance to make a play on it.

yes, his throws are not always on target, and I was choked, but I watch other games, see the same, but the WRs and TEs make catches. Williams handed the Eagles an INT. Dez seems to drop as many as he catches.

In the last two games, Dak has not looked good, combination of him not having Zeke there, but also the fact he is getting hammered a ton.

I also hate the comparison between Dak and Wentz/Goff. FCS he was a 4th round choice, they went 1 and 2. They are supposed to be better. It is like comparing Steve Walsh with Troy Aikman.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Cowboys fans are a fickle bunch. If Sean Lee, Tyron Smith and Zeke Elliott were playing healthy yesterday, you'd be celebrating a victory today. But because of those absences, you are ready to quite on your QB. He's not a bum, he just needs his supporting cast back.

Jerry needs to give Dak more offensive weapons besides Zeke. Comparing Dak to Wentz and other QB's when downplaying his talent. But, most of those top QB's have more than one weapon that they can lean on.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Meh........give him an OC that plays to his strengths and if he fails in that offense I will believe it.

News flash, Dak is not Aikman or Romo folks. He's running their offense though.

And his WR's are lousy. Button hooks! Lol

I'm sorry, but what? I think Linehan has done a pretty damn good job building this offense for Dak, especially with the dink and dunk stuff. It's not like we are constantly forcing him to look deep.

You guys have some seriously low expectations for a QB.

haleyrules

Reaction score
I threw in the ninja edit that added Brees so my comment at the same time you replied haha

Weird to see the Saints with a solid defense. Goes to show that investment via free agency and high draft picks can turn things around in a few years. Jacksonville has also shown this
I liked Tim Horton the player and TH the coffee brewer!! You must be Canadian eh??;)

Aven8

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but what? I think Linehan has done a pretty damn good job building this offense for Dak, especially with the dink and dunk stuff. It's not like we are constantly forcing him to look deep.

You guys have some seriously low expectations for a QB.

Smh, this is a timing based offense predicated on WR's being in their spots. Those WR's aren't most of the time. If you watched Kurt Warner yesterday he broke the WR's down....it was bad......

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
I liked Tim Horton the player and TH the coffee brewer!! You must be Canadian eh??;)
Yessir I am Canadian.

41717b0cdf3c82ace59da01a539ba07a799e400153207927ae4ec1f751949c74.jpg