Dak is under a whole lot of pressure this year

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
giphy-tumblr.gif

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Daks gonna take us to the super bowl this year (on those scooters he bought the o-line and zeke at training camp)

Tarheelcowboy

Reaction score
You came insulting, and now try to wiggle...and no gallon of Padron Tequila, goes for $100. Regular sized bottles are over a $100...didn't think you stood by what flies out as to insult. Never mind, son...a bet was offered.

I ain't your son !

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Zeke is the center of the Offense but Dak, like all QB's, will have the most pressure to perform.
With our lack of respect at the WR/TE position, teams will definitely stack the box in order to stop Zeke and to put the onus on Dak to beat them with his arm.
It will be up to him to make teams pay if/when they do this.
If he struggles with inaccuracies and the WR's are unable to beat mainly single coverage, then it will be a long season.

The list is long of QB's last season who had a lower completion percentage than Prescott with many that are considered to be good QB's. Rivers, Carr, Wentz, Goff, Manning, Palmer, Wilson among others. Now are all of those QB's under any more pressure to perform than any QB is to preform? Some people here are just looking for reasons for Prescott to fail because they're not big fans of him. After his rookie season last season by comparisons wasn't as good but it was still better than a lot of the starting QB's out there and not near as bad as some what to paint that picture.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Of course it was. The Cowboys drafted Frederick large in part because of Romo. Jerry himself spoke about how Romo told him he needed a Center and asked him about Frederick. Wade Wilson himself said with Romo’s new contract they would be implementing his concepts. Jerry also drafted Zeke to play with Romo.

It was always claimed that Garrett wanted to run, but Romo didn’t. When Romo was in charge and as Jerry said, Garrett would he relegated to a walk around HC dealing with ambiguity, we were the least amount in pass attempts and led the league in rushing.

So yeah, Romo played a large part in it.

And now you see this team without Romo, trying to just play it cheap, masking it all under being “Dak friendly”.

:omg:

Wow man. Your love knows no bounds.

khiladi

Reaction score
Bryant's only season as an All Pro was 2014. Lets stop the worship.

And? That’s a false argument. Nobody said he was the best in the league. Based on numbers alone, he could have been All Pro in 2012 and 2013.

khiladi

Reaction score
:omg:

Wow man. Your love knows no bounds.

So for Dak play-calling is to blame, but when Romo is actually calling plays and involved in game-planning, as even attested by guys like Butler, who basically said he was the coach, play-calling is irrelevant to numbers? OK...

HungryLion

Reaction score
So for Dak play-calling is to blame, but when Romo is actually calling plays finally, play-calling is irrelevant to numbers? OK...

I never blamed play calling for Dak’s struggles last season. So don’t take your arguments with other posters and project them onto me.

And I also never said irrelevant. There’s quite a gap between irrelevant and “in large part due to”

Tarheelcowboy

Reaction score
I was a NCO for 19 of my military years...as you were. Now, find a recruiter or just grow up.

You pull for Duke...?

And that means what to me. I still ain't your son or a child ! Now do want that bet or not ! 150 million !

khiladi

Reaction score
I never blamed play calling for Dak’s struggles last season. So don’t take your arguments with other posters and project them onto me.

And I also never said irrelevant. There’s quite a gap between irrelevant and “in large part due to”

There is nothing do dispute. Romo played a LARGE PART in the success of our tuning game, including Murray not seeing that many five man fronts.

And Romo told Jerry to build him a line.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Bolt/Jones-Romo-Asked-For-Help-Along-O-line-32246194

CCBoy

Reaction score
And that means what to me. I still ain't your son or a child ! Now do want that bet or not ! 150 million !
Think before you send those lips quivering...you waste my time. Good night, John Boy.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Dak will be fine....he has his RB back, an improved defense and defensive scheme, and he don't have his iconic #1 WR playing "hot potato" with the ball.

khiladi

Reaction score
The list is long of QB's last season who had a lower completion percentage than Prescott with many that are considered to be good QB's. Rivers, Carr, Wentz, Goff, Manning, Palmer, Wilson among others. Now are all of those QB's under any more pressure to perform than any QB is to preform? Some people here are just looking for reasons for Prescott to fail because they're not big fans of him. After his rookie season last season by comparisons wasn't as good but it was still better than a lot of the starting QB's out there and not near as bad as some what to paint that picture.

Again, this is obfuscation. It is built on percentage and not on number of attempts. First of all, Wentz was injured, secondly Dak is among the lowest in number of attempts; meaning he doesn’t take risks and throw WRs open.

Tarheelcowboy

Reaction score
Think before you send those lips quivering...you waste my time. Good night, John Boy.

Dude how old are you. I never insulted anyone. Your freaking stupid . Weasel ! Want to up it to a grand ? 150 million as I stated he would never get!

HungryLion

Reaction score
If we are now giving Romo more credit for good things that happened. Even including roster building.

Are we now giving Romo more blame for the failure
To win a Super Bowl?

Where is the line drawn here.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Dak has about $150 million riding on this season. So yeah.

Just ask Dan Bailey about "what have you done for me lately?"

Bailey has been regressing for 3 years in a row. And after the injury, it was just a matter of time. Not like he had any skins on the wall anyways. His playoff average was not good. But hey, he had that cute title "most accurate kicker ever" which meant nothing.