Dak is under a whole lot of pressure this year

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Wouldn't be at all surprised if Dak came out throwing. Establish some confidence. Create doubt in the Panthers and upcoming opponents. Create better lanes for Zeke who, they will discover too late, isn't all the Cowboys have on offense. Would be great to see a TE score the first TD of the season. A nice 40 yarder in that drive somewhere to a "non-primary" receiver. Epic.

Boy that sure would be nice. I see you have your cowboy colored glasses on this week. Let’s hope your right

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Again, this is obfuscation. It is built on percentage and not on number of attempts. First of all, Wentz was injured, secondly Dak is among the lowest in number of attempts; meaning he doesn’t take risks and throw WRs open.

Throwing a receiver open is a pile of kaka. Leading the receiver to a spot does not magically get him separation. If the receiver doesn't have separation and is covered leading him a couple yards further isn't going to give him separation or get him uncovered but just might get the ball picked off. Now to continue on with your lesson Wentz started and played in 13 games last season. I'll help you out again, that means he only missed 3 regular season games, so yes his completion percentage is legit. Now I would much rather have a QB that is careful with the ball than just slinging it around taking chances. Even though you didn't come right out and say it, it's obvious that you are just looking for things to complain about Prescott and it's just as easy to see just what type of fan you really are.

waving monkey

Reaction score
LOL.....Dak's big boy pants are Zeke's pants.:eek:..and without them Dak can't win...if the Defense is containing Zeke expect loss after loss after loss ....I mean who really believes that Dak can win without Zeke....really now....:muttley:

P.S. Bus drivers lose there Jobs if no one is onboard.....esp passenger Zeke....
look for my gloating smile

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Young QBs are under a whole lot of pressure every year.

Then you have the sweet spot of an established top tier QB between 29-33 where the will get a pass for a down season or two.

After that, you'll get calls to draft the next QB or for the current QB to retire... Giants bucked that trend but sticking by Eli.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As long as the WRs get separation, as advertised, and the RBs do their respective jobs to their capabilities, the offense should prove productive enough to score adequately, imho. The defense should also be improved enough to offer the offense a wealth of opportunities to prove their wares. It might take a while for the offense to get fully in sync but they should get there soon enough to impress.

Dak Prescott has done well enough in TC to have confidence in his WRs to get open. That's something that has been sorely missing in past years. I think we'll score and keep the opposition from scoring enough to come out ahead more often than not in the end. Overall, I think this team should prove itself to be considerably more capable overall than they were last year, tough schedule or not.

Last edited:

IceBowler

Reaction score
With the box stacked (which it will inevitably be), it much tougher for the D to fill in the zones across the middle for slants (hope we throw a couple this year), and quick hitters inside 15 yards. Dak does fine with these routes if he's got any time to throw or gets outside.

kskboys

Reaction score
Throwing a receiver open is a pile of kaka. Leading the receiver to a spot does not magically get him separation. If the receiver doesn't have separation and is covered leading him a couple yards further isn't going to give him separation or get him uncovered but just might get the ball picked off. Now to continue on with your lesson Wentz started and played in 13 games last season. I'll help you out again, that means he only missed 3 regular season games, so yes his completion percentage is legit. Now I would much rather have a QB that is careful with the ball than just slinging it around taking chances. Even though you didn't come right out and say it, it's obvious that you are just looking for things to complain about Prescott and it's just as easy to see just what type of fan you really are.
Yeah, it's just a phrase that gets thrown around that the rookies like to use.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing how this goes, and expecting Dak to bounce back.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
I think their best plan is going to be to hand it to zeke as many times as possible and milk the clock......hide the qb as much as possible. Hopefully play some good D behind it.

If we fall behind, we can break out the vaunted spread attack but I wouldn’t count on that to keep us in a lot of games over the course of a full season.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Dak should have a better year. Team should have a better year. If he struggles with a full compliment then there is trouble.

He starts without his center. New WR and TE. They have been practicing together so the WR and TE should be getting on the same page. He has Elliot back. That should ease the pressure. Looney should do pretty good till Fredbeard gets back.

At first look the team itself looks better. Except the ST did not impress me in preseason. We will see really soon.

There are gonna be some here that are gonna dislike Dak no matter what. Same with ones that like him.

We still need to upgrade at TE and WR. Maher worries me a lot, hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We still need to upgrade at TE and WR. Maher worries me a lot, hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

I don't get it? Wasn't Dez the problem for Dak and Witten to old? Well we got Dak super fast WR and a young group of TE.......isn't this what most wanted here?

Enough of the excuses it's been 23 years time for all of our players esp DAK to lead us to glory or get out of dodge as one might say.
Excuse are for children who really don't know any better!!!

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I don't get it? Wasn't Dez the problem for Dak and Witten to old? Well we got Dak super fast WR and a young group of TE.......isn't this what most wanted here?

Enough of the excuses it's been 23 years time for all of our players esp DAK to lead us to glory or get out of dodge as one might say.
Excuse are for children who really don't know any better!!!

giphy-downsized.gif

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not surprisingly, this thread turned into a heated debate.

As mentioned earlier, every QB (not named Tom Brady or, perhaps, Aaron Rogers) is under tremendous pressure each and every year. It's understandable given the ridiculous amount of money even an average QB commands.

I believe Dak is more than capable of leading the Cowboys deep into the post-season. Here's the thing, though, I expect him to go it even in the face of adversity. This means, he finds a way to win when Tyron Smith misses a few games, with a complete re-load at the WR position, a rookie LG and Garret/Linehan's coaching. Isn't that what franchise QB's do?