Dak is under a whole lot of pressure this year

Hadenough

Reaction score
Were going to find out if Dak has learned anything since his smoke and mirrors short game to Beasley was figured out. If Garrett has had all summer to prepare for the panthers then this is going to be about as good as it gets. What we see in Dak is going to be what were going to get all year.

CCBoy

Reaction score
As long as the WRs get separation, as advertised, and the RBs do their respective jobs to their capabilities, the offense should prove productive enough to score adequately, imho. The defense should also be improved enough to offer the offense a wealth of opportunities to prove their wares. It might take a while for the offense to get fully in sync but they should get there soon enough to impress.

Dak Prescott has done well enough in TC to have confidence in his WRs to get open. That's something that has been sorely missing in past years. I think we'll score and keep the opposition from scoring enough to come out ahead more often than not in the end. Overall, I think this team should prove itself to be considerably more capable overall than they were last year, tough schedule or not.

I see no reason why Dallas shouldn't score 21 points against Carolina. That with a good defense should keep them right in the middle of the game...

uvaballa

Reaction score
Zeke is the center of the Offense but Dak, like all QB's, will have the most pressure to perform.
With our lack of respect at the WR/TE position, teams will definitely stack the box in order to stop Zeke and to put the onus on Dak to beat them with his arm.
It will be up to him to make teams pay if/when they do this.
If he struggles with inaccuracies and the WR's are unable to beat mainly single coverage, then it will be a long season.

Teams aren’t stacking the box against them anymore than other running teams. Most smart teams will try to stop the run with 6 or 7 guys first. If that doesn’t work they may sneak down a safety here and there but that opens the play action pass.

Teams were supposed to stack the box last year when Zeke went out and Alfred averaged more yards/att than Zeke.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I'm pulling for Dak if for no other reason I'd like to think we've found our franchise QB for the foreseeable future.

That said, this is a pivotal year, but I can already imagine the alibi trotted-out if he struggles "how can you expect him to succeed without his starting center snapping him the ball?!?!"

Every pass he airmails xwalker will claim "he was throwing it away....I have All-22."

blueblood70

Reaction score
Really, didnt notice that starting QB is under pressure..thats like 80% of the league, only exception is the top elite guys..that what 10 of 32 who are comfortable and cant do any wrong? theres a ton of starters who are very uncomfortable this season , some coming back from injury, others are Rookies, some know they had down years in 2017 , others know a rookie is right behind them that can be put in any time, others know they arent very good and can be replaced at any time..its THE Pressure position in the NFL..most teams live or die by their QB play..

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm pulling for Dak if for no other reason I'd like to think we've found our franchise QB for the foreseeable future.

That said, this is a pivotal year, but I can already imagine the alibi trotted-out if he struggles "how can you expect him to succeed without his starting center snapping him the ball?!?!"

Every pass he airmails xwalker will claim "he was throwing it away....I have All-22."

That was cheap...stand on your own merit instead.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Every qb aside from Dak looked like garbage during preseason. Why is Dak under pressure and not the offensive coaching staff?

Because the coaching staff does not execute the plays. Much or most of the preseason was played with backups and/or rookies and they are not as good as the starters so their play is not going to be as good. The main purpose of the preseason is to see those backups and rookies in game type situations to see what they have. Anyone that starts trying to point fingers at the coaching staff for the play of rookies and backups must be a first year fan and not know any better.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
2016 was so long ago and nothing was expected of Dak.

I see. Prescott had a great rookie year and won offensive player of the year but nobody expected much from him so he really didn't have a great season. Somehow your logic doesn't make a lot of sense. Wow, a SINGLE season in between that rookie season and today is such a long time ago? You make it sound like it's been 5, 8, 10 years ago and not just a season removed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke is the center of the Offense but Dak, like all QB's, will have the most pressure to perform.
With our lack of respect at the WR/TE position, teams will definitely stack the box in order to stop Zeke and to put the onus on Dak to beat them with his arm.
It will be up to him to make teams pay if/when they do this.
If he struggles with inaccuracies and the WR's are unable to beat mainly single coverage, then it will be a long season.

As long as the line blocks like it did the first 24 games then his accuracy will return to that same level. Its all about the Oline. In case you didn't understand how QB play works.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I see. Prescott had a great rookie year and won offensive player of the year but nobody expected much from him so he really didn't have a great season. Somehow your logic doesn't make a lot of sense. Wow, a SINGLE season in between that rookie season and today is such a long time ago? You make it sound like it's been 5, 8, 10 years ago and not just a season removed.

Prescott was on MVP and a better pace in 2017 until Zeke and Tyron went out.

Bullet22

Reaction score
Were going to find out if Dak has learned anything since his smoke and mirrors short game to Beasley was figured out. If Garrett has had all summer to prepare for the panthers then this is going to be about as good as it gets. What we see in Dak is going to be what were going to get all year.
The Poster of Doom..

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As long as the line blocks like it did the first 24 games then his accuracy will return to that same level. Its all about the Oline. In case you didn't understand how QB play works.

Any QB and i mean any QB can complete a pass if he has 8-10 seconds to throw......being that you know how the NFL works those needed seconds are non-existent in the REAL NFL ......How a QB throws under pressure makes him a NFL Starter......

khiladi

Reaction score
Throwing a receiver open is a pile of kaka. Leading the receiver to a spot does not magically get him separation. If the receiver doesn't have separation and is covered leading him a couple yards further isn't going to give him separation or get him uncovered but just might get the ball picked off. Now to continue on with your lesson Wentz started and played in 13 games last season. I'll help you out again, that means he only missed 3 regular season games, so yes his completion percentage is legit. Now I would much rather have a QB that is careful with the ball than just slinging it around taking chances. Even though you didn't come right out and say it, it's obvious that you are just looking for things to complain about Prescott and it's just as easy to see just what type of fan you really are.

Nor does throwing a WR where he has to slow down help him in getting separation. What exactly do you think they run in Dallas? It’s called a ‘timing-based’ offense.

And Wentz also threw fit 33 TDS and only 7 INTs and basically threw the same amount of passes in three less games. And there 2 more yards average per attempt.

So no your completing percentage is not legit, because Dak is checkdown king and the evidence you think that actually favors your point does not in any way favor your point.

Dak is a checdosn king and always has been and always will be..

khiladi

Reaction score
poor pocket awareness and a phobia of getting hit hurts him more than anything..

Which leads to average mechanics turning into awful mechanics and pick 6s... when he’s out if the pocket he’s at his best, because the field is narrowed and he plays purely in front of him and he’s decisive...

Dallas was lining up WRs farther out even in spread to try and keep everything in front of him...