Dak, like Romo, is a garbage stat QB

Mr_437

Reaction score
you are talking about two different things. Zurlein missed a fg. Who cares. It’s not relevant to what we are discussing.
You was talking about the defense not getting Dakota the ball, no, well he fumbled away a possession...stop blaming defense. Grow up and call a bad performance by the QB a bad performance.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak seems to be similar to Romo in being a QB who puts up good stats and wins against average teams and also puts up good stats against good teams but it seems to be late game catchup stats which ultimately come up short after falling behind early.
Garbage stats LMAO teams win in the fourth quarter in this league. There’s no garbage stats

NumOneQB

Reaction score
"Justifying"....so you are saying the whole draft system is completely meaningless?

I get it.....there are 1st round busts and 6th round goats.

But it doesn't mean draft spots are meaningless. According to your stupid theory we get Parsons undrafted.
Then you act like "dak haters " (I'm not) are the idiots.

Romo got paid like an elite QB, didn’t he? And what did he do. Not a damn thing. Keep the excuses coming. LOL.

JBS

Reaction score
You was talking about the defense not getting Dakota the ball, no, well he fumbled away a possession...stop blaming defense. Grow up and call a bad performance by the QB a bad performance.

That’s exactly what I said. Try reading my post again.

ondaedg

Reaction score
One key difference is Romo often tried to do too much with too little around him although admittedly he made some boneheaded decisions regardless. Whilst Prescott hasn't always had a good defense like this season, he hasn't played on any bad teams and has largely always had a running game unlike Romo.

Lol. Last season was the worst Cowboys defense in team history. Which multiverse did you come from?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The pressure is on...Dak does not know whether to crap or get off the pot. He is very fragile, and he knows how to use it to his advantage...up until now. When I hear him crowing about this and that Garrett speech? I just have to sort of laugh. His mind is not right for this kind of challenge. Blame it on the team, or the NFL, but the leader of the team must be first. He is not leading at this time of the year. But, he is a "big mutha...er" so he says to convince someone?

You saw all his throws. You saw how the pressure got to him...I got embarrassed to myself, luckily my family were out. However, the Cowboys are in the playoffs, and now get a chance to redeem themselves up in the cold in Philly to acclimate how to play in the cold of the playoffs. If they win that game with Dak, the same one his team lost last time they played with his hurt pinky...and zekey...? I just cannot imagine Dak throwing in the cold when he could not even do it right for some consistency in a warm home.

However...he still has time to prove me wrong. Call me a hater...I'll call you a lover...in a clue.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Name one HOFer on our team right now. I will, Martin/Smith. That's it. Romo had T.O. at one point, he had Smith/Martin/Witten/Ware. His offensive line was far better than this year's offensive line. He was coached by Parcells', Wade Phillips and Garrett. If we had a weapon like TO with legit 4.3 speed and a large human being, and he also had Dez Bryant, another fast HUGE human specimen. Romo was loaded.

I think our WR core is overrated. One 4.4 guy who is injury prone, 1 second year player that isn't a great route runner, and he's still smallish with 4.4 maybe 4.5 speed. And then you have Gallup who is a 4.5 guy. We need 4.3 or 4.2 receivers, basically we need a Semi that can play. Our RB situation is being wasted right now because of our offensive line. If we need 5 HOFers for the QB, then we need 5 HOFers for the runners as well.
Romo was better pre-snap. Romo had better pocket awareness. Romo had a much quicker release. Romo was more accurate. Romo had better footwork. Dak is a better leader and lockeroom presence. But I would take Romo over Dak any day and twice on Sunday.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo was better pre-snap. Romo had better pocket awareness. Romo had a much quicker release. Romo was more accurate. Romo had better footwork. Dak is a better leader and lockeroom presence. But I would take Romo over Dak any day and twice on Sunday.

One of the receivers got hurt trying to catch a Dak pass.

Swagger

Reaction score
Lol. Last season was the worst Cowboys defense in team history. Which multiverse did you come from?
Read my post. Where did I write the Cowboys had a good defense last season? Furthermore, Prescott only finished 4 games. There are 5 other seasons.

Swagger

Reaction score
I think the whole Dak is a great leader is massively overplayed. But what I will give him credit for is his conditioning. Romo was an embarrassment in that regard for many years but Prescott gives himself every chance with his physical preparation and conditioning.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
And you did take Romo and that's why it's been 26 years. Dak's book isn't yet written. Romo was a risk reward QB. He did some splashy things good and bad. One minute he's do some super man turn and get out of a sack, the next minute he's throwing an awful INT in crunch time, thus 1 playoff victory. I'll take the QB who helps us win a title, and we don't have that yet. Oh, BTW, I'll take Romo's supporting offensive cast over ours any day of the week.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Read my post. Where did I write the Cowboys had a good defense last season? Furthermore, Prescott only finished 4 games. There are 5 other seasons.

You clearly wrote that Prescott has never been on a bad team yet we had one of the worst defenses in NFL history. That is like saying water is dry. Makes ZERO sense.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Dak can’t carry the jock strap of Romo..

Romo was actually carrying garbage at almost every position outside a skill position here and there are various times, as well as Jason Garrett as a PLAY CALLER while Dak has been dragging a talented team down..

I didn’t realize the 13-3 Cowboys were “garbage” when the Cabo squad went down in flames with the Romo to Crayton misfire came oh so close … every yr it seemed like “ wait until next year with Tony “ I hope 4 doesn’t repeat this over a decade …

Swagger

Reaction score
You clearly wrote that Prescott has never been on a bad team yet we had one of the worst defenses in NFL history. That is like saying water is dry. Makes ZERO sense.
An average/good team can have a bad defense when they are overly invested on the offensive side of the ball with first round picks and big contracts to support their QB.

ondaedg

Reaction score
An average/good team can have a bad defense when they are overly invested on the offensive side of the ball with first round picks and big contracts to support their QB.

Fake news. Go look at our last several drafts and report back with a summary of what you find. Fake fans….

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn’t realize the 13-3 Cowboys were “garbage” when the Cabo squad went down in flames with the Romo to Crayton misfire came oh so close … every yr it seemed like “ wait until next year with Tony “ I hope 4 doesn’t repeat this over a decade …

Dak has us so much better. He's repeated already for 5 years now. Working on 6.

Why this is even a debate or issue...is baffling., We STILL have nothing. Romo's been gone for 6 YEARS and STILL.....people NEED him to compare Dak to soothe their souls.

Shows the hypocrite haters though...right?

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Romo will bring you back when your are down , but he can also lose a big lead too. Dak the last few years can't bring you back when your down big(save ATL game) but he for the most part won't lose you big leads. So some of the boneheaded mistakes Dak has made in the 4th (even though they've won) is something Romo has done enough to actually lose games. At the same time the game yesterday is a game Romo could have come back and won.