Dak Never Comes Up Big

DezTroy97

Reaction score
KEEP RIDING THE DAK TRAIN AND THAT IT’S NOT HIS FAULT! THE COWBOYS WILL AGAIN BE WHAT THEY ARE ALMOST EVERY YEAR, AT BEST A WILD CARD TEAM WITH A 1ST OR 2ND ROUND DEPARTURE IN THE PLAYOFFS! AND IT’S NOT ON DAK, HE’S TRYING! PLEASE!
You're clearly an Eagles fan, it's way too obvious.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You need to get away from the 'blame/fault' angle. Dak played really well, he just comes up short against the elite. This O-Line isnt going to improve any time soon: Tyron/Martin age deterioration, Biadazs - FA and Steele - injury (whether he'll improve?) , add in the CAP restraints with the forthcoming CeeDee and Micah contracts and this is as good as it gets for him.

Sometimes very good just doesnt get you over the line, it's not blame, it's just the situation he's in juxtaposition, he needs weapons but his contract demands (and defered payments) means we havent to CAP to facilitate.
There was nothing about very good yesterday…..he was great. And I’m not the one blaming Dak…I asked a question. How does Dak or Mike get blamed for a false start?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It is Dak's fault...the team had a rhythm that entire drive...Dak gets them lined up like he did the previous 6 plays and then decides to audible throwing off the play timing and then we get the false start...just run the stupid play call, throw it in the seats and then run another play with 20 seconds on 2nd down...as long as you do not take a sack (which he freaking did) or turn it over (which he typically does in this situation), you had time for four plays from the 6 (that is near a 50% chance of scoring and he took his team backwards).
So it’s Daks fault for reading the defense and not liking what he saw and a player false started….the dumbest thing I’ve read all night.

aikemirv

Reaction score
He had the ball on the 6 yard line and Tyler Smith got a false start. Is that Dak's fault? Or McCarthy's?
Dak changed the play to a QB draw. It is a good thing Tyler had that false start because that play was doomed and who knows how much time comes off the clock.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
You’re not apportioning blame by singling he came up short?
OK,to make you happier the secondary and O-Line didn't help, but the bottom line is that moving forward none of these factors are going to improve any time soon.
Dak is Dak, good but when needed doesn't elevate ..... and every team needs that from their QB if they're going all the way.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
You are not reading the question. How many times have you seen a situation at the end of the game where you are on the 6 yard line and you get a false start? Either you have seen it or you haven’t done give this crap about “I see it all the time” alright when did you see it?
A false start on EXACTLY the 6 yard line? Hmmm...let me go run through millions of hours of tape to see if that exact ...THE VERY EXACT thing at same yard line and time left on the clock... has ever happened Allen or Patrick Mahomes.

Forget all penalties on the 5 yard line or 7 yard or 11 yard line....lemme go look to see if there ever has been a false start called ON THE SIX.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
A false start on EXACTLY the 6 yard line? Hmmm...let me go run through millions of hours of tape to see if that exact ...THE VERY EXACT thing at same yard line and time left on the clock... has ever happened Allen or Patrick Mahomes.

Forget all penalties on the 5 yard line or 7 yard or 11 yard line....lemme go look to see if there ever has been a false start called ON THE SIX.
Now you have to run through million hours of tape lol….but a second ago it “happens all the time”….and you still didn’t read the question it’s ok man I know you get too caught up watching the Eagles every week. It can kill brain cells I get it.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Im not blaming him but just heard “passer rating when trailing” and Hurts is 1 and Dak last

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
OK,to make you happier the secondary and O-Line didn't help, but the bottom line is that moving forward none of these factors are going to improve any time soon.
Dak is Dak, good but when needed doesn't elevate ..... and every team needs that from their QB if they're going all the way.
I feel he did elevate. He lost. It happens.

Jarntt

Reaction score
There you go apportioning blame. I'm not, I'm just pointing out that Dak comes up short. Btw are we sure that last throw - 35yards was at his max distance (joke).
You don’t even make any sense. You are pointing out again and again that:
Dak comes up short
But I’m the one according to you apportioning blame

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
There was nothing about very good yesterday…..he was great. And I’m not the one blaming Dak…I asked a question. How does Dak or Mike get blamed for a false start?
So you want to discuss the differential between very good and great.....when we lose a game with the Offense having to drives and over 4 mins to win it.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Coming up big like having 178 pass yards in the 4th quarter
No amount of yards can overcome this.

c63bcc871586399b9665ba88f81c8bf0.md.jpeg

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I saw that stat is that for this year?
Go check the thread back in the Summer. Dak's stats trailing >2min/>4 min is way inferior to his contemporaries (inc Goff, Stafford and Cousins), that with the SF2 and P1 does indicate a hole in his game in the clutch.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Go check the thread back in the Summer. Dak's stats trailing >2min/>4 min is way inferior to his contemporaries (inc Goff, Stafford and Cousins), that with the SF2 and P1 does indicate a hole in his game in the clutch.
No i'm referencing the one you mentioned. Where he's last and Hurts is 1....is that this year?