Dak on deal with Cowboys "I'm definitely confident."

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's ok to think outside the box or even be critical of Dak, there's a REASON why there's a hold up in signing him to a longer deal
Every day and every thread? Everything is Daks fault. Not the defense who can’t stop the run game. That right there tells you they would struggle against the better teams not to mention the other elephant in the room - offensive running game. But you haters only complain about Dak. You say we can never win with Dak. Never talk about the real issues. It shows how so many here know less about football than the pebble in my flip flop.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does it at a charity even too…. When it’s all “emotional” and the PR is in his favor. That’s why they pay the big bucks for agents that know about “brand marketing”…
Man, this guy uses every "emotional" outlet to pump up his fraudo image from pointing to the sky to children's cancer wings and now all we are going to hear about is his new child.
Jeez, the sauce is so think lol.................Ok Dakko just retire, go save the world, and let us get a real QB who doesn't turn into a Deer in the Headlights after the kick-off!

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Every day and every thread? Everything is Daks fault. Not the defense who can’t stop the run game. That right there tells you they would struggle against the better teams not to mention the other elephant in the room - offensive running game. But you haters only complain about Dak. You say we can never win with Dak. Never talk about the real issues. It shows how so many here know less about football than the pebble in my flip flop.
Just one mans opinion here, but it's not just a Dak thing, it's a you're already behind the cap and about to pay premium money to potentially Dak and Lamb this year, Micah next year. Meanwhile your current free agent class is mostly about to walk out the door. The Cowboys are maxed out and are going to have more problems in 2024 unless they double down on this year and kick more cap hits down the road. Dak isn't the main issue with this squad, but this front office has failed to put a team around Dak that he can win in the post season with. Why should we expect that to change with no money and a weaker roster? Right now we are basically planning on hitting on 3-4 starters via the draft and grabbing a couple better than advertised free agents. The Dak plan, unless Jerry actually goes all in, just doesnt seem like a realistic path to me. That doesn't mean he isnt a pretty good Quarterback.

Swagger

Reaction score
Complementary football my friend. How is a team supposed to win a playoff game after its QB gave the opposition two touchdowns in the first half?

Of course there are other issues but when your QB is earning big bucks yet playing like Brian Hoyer in the play offs then he's the starting point to fix.

Swagger

Reaction score
Man, this guy uses every "emotional" outlet to pump up his fraudo image from pointing to the sky to children's cancer wings and now all we are going to hear about is his new child.
Jeez, the sauce is so think lol.................Ok Dakko just retire, go save the world, and let us get a real QB who doesn't turn into a Deer in the Headlights after the kick-off!
I know right. It's beyond embarrassing at this point.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know right. It's beyond embarrassing at this point.
A man who uses his mother's death as a PR ploy has no limits..........NONE.
Embarrassing might not be enough and here comes his new sauce named MJ.
Oh, he's such a nice guy and a father also ohhhh how sweet??????????
BOOM Pick 6 Cowboys one and done again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rags747

Reaction score
Who else is going to QB slick?
I’m quite fine with rolling with Lance. You obviously are risk averse and you really have zero reason to be risk averse as no matter what happens it has zero impact on your life unless of course there is something there that we don’t know. Going all in with other peoples money is quite easy, I did it for 38 years no problem. The team goes 9-8, that has zero impact on your life slick!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just one mans opinion here, but it's not just a Dak thing, it's a you're already behind the cap and about to pay premium money to potentially Dak and Lamb this year, Micah next year. Meanwhile your current free agent class is mostly about to walk out the door. The Cowboys are maxed out and are going to have more problems in 2024 unless they double down on this year and kick more cap hits down the road. Dak isn't the main issue with this squad, but this front office has failed to put a team around Dak that he can win in the post season with. Why should we expect that to change with no money and a weaker roster? Right now we are basically planning on hitting on 3-4 starters via the draft and grabbing a couple better than advertised free agents. The Dak plan, unless Jerry actually goes all in, just doesnt seem like a realistic path to me. That doesn't mean he isnt a pretty good Quarterback.
You have no clue if this will be a weaker roster. The cap is easily manageable, even before it skyrocketed this year. You’ve given up. It’s obvious. That’s your problem. I know that every year there’s a different roster. FA’s leave, and FA’s get signed. The draft happens. New coaches. You can throw in the towel but don’t expect me to.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Complementary football my friend. How is a team supposed to win a playoff game after its QB gave the opposition two touchdowns in the first half?

Of course there are other issues but when your QB is earning big bucks yet playing like Brian Hoyer in the play offs then he's the starting point to fix.
:facepalm:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m quite fine with rolling with Lance. You obviously are risk averse and you really have zero reason to be risk averse as no matter what happens it has zero impact on your life unless of course there is something there that we don’t know. Going all in with other peoples money is quite easy, I did it for 38 years no problem. The team goes 9-8, that has zero impact on your life slick!
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao2: And waste the best years of Micah, Lamb, Diggs, Bland, Smith, etc. etc? No way they go 9-8 with Lance. :lmao:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak loves to think his enormous contract helps the team -- sounds like his agent has been telling him some whoppers! :muttley: Relative to that, the contract negotiations should be interesting, for those who really care about such things. As long as it affects the team, though, it's likely justified.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
You have no clue if this will be a weaker roster. The cap is easily manageable, even before it skyrocketed this year. You’ve given up. It’s obvious. That’s your problem. I know that every year there’s a different roster. FA’s leave, and FA’s get signed. The draft happens. New coaches. You can throw in the towel but don’t expect me to.
While I can respect the optimism I think you're giving Jerry too much credit on his abilities to manage the cap and sign free agents. This is a pretty good drafting team most years, but we can realistically only expect 1-2 starters at best there, and with a coaching staff all on 1 year deals do we have alignment on what we are looking for? Do you give Zimmer the guys he wants knowing that he could be gone for 2025? I hope I'm wrong, this just feels like an extremely mismanaged offseason and we've not even gotten into the heart of it yet.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Nope. He needs to get out of Dallas and join some deadbeat mug team willing to overpay him only to realise after about 3 quarters that he's in fact a bang average QB without a defense giving him the ball again and again and again deep in the oppositions' half and/or a dominant offensive line giving him all day to throw the ball.
He’s already with a “deadbeat mug team willing to overpay him”.

Swagger

Reaction score
He’s already with a “deadbeat mug team willing to overpay him”.
But he isn't though in reality. If a team can go 5-1 with a gash practice squad QB like Cooper Rush beating some reputable teams (Bengals, Vikings) then it's at least a good roster. I'm talking about teams that have wallpaper o-lines that could put Prescott on IR within a game or two.