Dak Prescott Sets NFL Passing-Rushing TD Record Cam Newton and Mike Vick Never Could

nobody

Reaction score
9nohQh4.jpg

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And again...in the grand scheme of things we were being held back. Let me see this offense become a powerhouse that it can easily be before we start praising our struggles with getting points as we were sitting 22nd in the NFL.

Like in 2016?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Daks touchdown record is nothing to write about. 25 TD's a year is not great. But yet ppl celebrate it like it is. So yes holding up numbers that most teams wouldn't celebrate just to say see Dak is so good is doing so to fit the narrative that he's special when he is not. He is an average QB on a good salary.

Or maybe you are just too stupid to understand.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Daks touchdown record is nothing to write about. 25 TD's a year is not great. But yet ppl celebrate it like it is. So yes holding up numbers that most teams wouldn't celebrate just to say see Dak is so good is doing so to fit the narrative that he's special when he is not. He is an average QB on a good salary.

You forget about . . . Jarwin, Gallup, etcetera, are rookies .

And the fact that we're 7-1 with Amari Cooper.

This offense is just starting to come on, also know as starting to gel.

Add Zeke, plus the fact Dak can beat you with his legs.

And you can discount that offense.

Last edited:

Birdgang

Reaction score
You forget about . . . Jarwin, Gallup, etcetera, are rookies .

And the fact that we're 7-1 with Amari Cooper.

This offense is just starting to come on, also know as starting to gel.

Add Zeke, plus the fact Dak can beat you with his legs.

And you can discount that offense.

Obviously some people are for the hate factor . I think most dont see a reason for overpraising. Dak is who he is and in todays NFL more then enough to win SB with right team around him. Which the FO has been doing. Then you have the constent comparing of Wentz and now even more QBs. When most times its Apples and oranges. 3 winning seasons in row with now 2 NFCE titles and going to playoffs 2 x . Its like people forget how to enjoy football and realize they have a good time for the first time in 20 odd years. I myself like to bust balls to the extreme Dakiots/ Daktards for simple fact its easy :D .

Hell even if Eagles have Wenz and he works out , it only should make each season a bit more interesting ... better then the crap that has been for a long time now in NFCE.

Cebrin

Reaction score
I love the haters on Mahomes :laugh: It's one thing to have a lucky rookie season. What he is doing is something else!

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Which proves my point, further artificially limiting it to the first three seasons makes this an even stupider fake record.

Incidentally, even with the first three season limitation, Newton missed this "record" by exactly one touchdown. At the same time, Dak got to the record by stat padding in a meaningless game he should have been sitting down in. It's a thin line... on the way to owning imaginary records.

You may not place importance to the record but it's not imaginary.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Which proves my point, further artificially limiting it to the first three seasons makes this an even stupider fake record.

Incidentally, even with the first three season limitation, Newton missed this "record" by exactly one touchdown. At the same time, Dak got to the record by stat padding in a meaningless game he should have been sitting down in. It's a thin line... on the way to owning imaginary records.
But..

nevermind.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Who holds the record for most consecutive seasons to start a career with at least 20 Passing TDs and 5 Rushing TDs?

Answer- you got yourself a record Dak

that is how records work..... you can stick your website up your Awuzie
*:eek:,,,this post is NEITHER, FEUDIAN NOR Chideo APPROVED:rolleyes:

dfense

Reaction score
The only thing I care about this week is beating Seattle.

Falco78

Reaction score
You don't have a point. Cam Newton blows Dak away at this very same ability... but because of technicalities, you disingenuously present this fake record as something Newton could never do.
Cam Newton has seasons of:
21 passing, 14 rushing
24 passing, 6 rushing
22 passing, 6 rushing
35 passing, 10 rushing (MVP year)

But because these seasons didn't happen consecutively, Dak owns an imaginary record. Even though all of these seasons were better than or equal to Dak, sometimes greatly so.
No, he accurately presented it as what it is...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Both 'sides' are correct about the definition of record (noun). Regardless, it is a significantly notable accomplishment. Perhaps achievement would be a more inclusively acceptable definition?

Cebrin

Reaction score
You’re making up stuff. There’s no such thing as a Mahomes hater. He’s not even a rookie genius lol.
Someone literally said "but did he have 5 rushing TD's?" :rolleyes: I'll take 50 passing TD's all day. 2nd year, my bad. :thumbup:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Someone literally said "but did he have 5 rushing TD's?" :rolleyes: I'll take 50 passing TD's all day. 2nd year, my bad. :thumbup:

He was being sarcastic lol. And even if he wasn't sarcastic...how was did one sarcastic post turn into a room full of haters?

Reactions: G2