Dak rookie year vs. Dak now?

basilhayden

Reaction score
Amazing, you found the exact problem and then came to the wrong conclusion. Oline is the problem. Fix that and the offense gets fixed.

I don't know if this is pure genius to purely dumb:

So we need a new QB that can overcome coaching incompetence, a poor OL, mismanagement and no help in development that comes in for a fair price and we should see great improvement

It was sarcasm.
It is to counter the haters that he does everything wrong in losses, and gets no credit in wins.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Amazing, you found the exact problem and then came to the wrong conclusion. Oline is the problem. Fix that and the offense gets fixed.

So we need a new QB that can overcome coaching incompetence, a poor OL, mismanagement and no help in development that comes in for a fair price and we should see great improvement

Or just a QB that can get the ball to the open receivers. Playcalling can only do so much. Yes we know our OL or play calling isn't perfect but we left a ton of plays on the field.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Or just a QB that can get the ball to the open receivers. Playcalling can only do so much. Yes we know our OL or play calling isn't perfect but we left a ton of plays on the field.

Which he does

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Which he does

No he is too scarred or just doesn't see them open downfield and chooses the easier checkdown. Right now he's playing just too safe, he needs to find the balance that works for him but right now he's holding the offense back.

pansophy

Reaction score
I’ll tell you the difference and it’s pretty evident..they made it simple his rookie year. You hear about Luck making a quick read and throw...that was Dak. He didn’t care if you were the #1 WR or 4th, he planted and threw to the quick open guy....thus the slots like Beas getting looks..yes Ds adjusted accordingly but now we have him trying to get back and go through a progression where he holds the ball. I just think he’s better running a hurry up, quick play, short developing O
As a rookie he didn't know a lot and so decisions were quick, even if not the best decisions. As he learns more he is processing more and that is delaying decision making.

There is data in medical decision making that shows that beginners make better decisions than intermediates who should know more for this very reason. It's only when they climb to experts that they exceed the beginner.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Adam Redmond played in the Indy game and he was practice squad player from the Bills. Joe Looney is a low paid backup that has started all games at Center.

And Redmond was only signed after Marcus Martin and Parker Ehliger were injuried. He is actually our 5th string OG and he certainly looked like it on some plays against the Colts.

dallas72

Reaction score
No he is too scarred or just doesn't see them open downfield and chooses the easier checkdown. Right now he's playing just too safe, he needs to find the balance that works for him but right now he's holding the offense back.
And been sacked 54x LT is a shell of himself, LG-rookie,Pro Bowl. C-gone , RG-sprained MCL, RT-should be LG, No TE, OC-calling plays from 1990, HC-0 discipline , LG-rookie replaced by Filo a traveling 5th year player

basilhayden

Reaction score
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...doctorate-phd-degree-education-dallas-cowboys
We all know he is smart guy.
Do you think he us using his professional advice as a detriment to self advancement???

Kaiser

Reaction score
No he doesn't look the same. In his rookie year, he was much more decisive when it came to running with the ball. He'd look for one or two receivers then bail before the rush got to him and make a positive play.

In 2016 Dez was still dominant and if his first reads broke down, he could throw the ball to Dez - who would either catch it or prevent it from being intercepted. Witten was still an ace at finding the seams as a safety valve.

Also in 2016 the OL was dominant, there were plenty of plays where Dak would have 7 seconds in the pocket to go through his reads. I can't remember that happening once this season.

The funny thing is that in 2016 I would post about Dak having a quarter or a half where he was inconsistent and I would be called a hater. Now I say the exact same thing and I'm called an apologist.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And been sacked 54x LT is a shell of himself, LG-rookie,Pro Bowl. C-gone , RG-sprained MCL, RT-should be LG, No TE, OC-calling plays from 1990, HC-0 discipline , LG-rookie replaced by Filo a traveling 5th year player

That LT still went to pro bowl, still tops in pressures allowed.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't forget that our special teams continually put our offense in a bad position. And we get no benefit of the other teams penalties as we are the team with the least penalty yards against us in the league.

1. One of the worst OCs in the league
2. Our current Oline has two backups and one backup's backup
3. No dominant receiving threat outside of Cooper
4. Poor average field position
5. No penalties to help us

It's tough sledding out there

Excuses excuses excuses and more excuses.....do you have any idea what a qualified QB could do with a Cooper?
NO MORE EXCUSES!!! Dak has regressed and is a liability out there weekly....!!
The sooner he is gone the better as this team with all its potential is being held back by the broken wheel called Dak Prescott....!

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score

I think you are mostly correct. If the OLine were to return to its top form, the offense would look better. But I believe that Dak still has some fundamental problems that cannot be fixed. I see it every week. And every week I hear it from football guys. Just this week...Aikman, Bradshaw, Jimmy J, Steve Smith Sr, Baldy, MJD and Kurt Warner. If all of these guys are dead wrong, that would be amazing.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
One thing we all agree on dak is he does have leadership ability, he has the ability to rise up in the big moment. His only playoff game against aaron rodgers he did that. Maybe he can be a eli type and come alive in the postseason. We shall see.

landryscorner

Reaction score
WHy you guys censoring threads and closing them? Isn't this a forum to speak our minds? Stop closing Dak threads....what needs to be said....needs to be said without bias about DAK and his performance. We are not stating lies here we SEE WITH OUR EYES that he sucks.