Dak Thinks 8-8 establishes him as marquee?

Hadenough

Reaction score
Let's look at this a minute:
Does 8-8 make a team or their quarterback special?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against an Eagles team that was playing 2nd and 3rd Stringers? This was the game that defined Dak Prescott as to whether or not he could carry the team when they needed him.
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Bills?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Saints?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Bears?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Jets?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Patriots?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Vikings?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against any team in contention for a playoff spot?
Stats don't win Super Bowls. Players who show up when their team needs them win Super Bowls.
Dak isn't a leader. Leaders show up when the game- or the season, for that matter- is on the line.
When the Cowboys couldn't beat the Jets or the Eagles to get into the playoffs, it spoke volumes. When Dak couldn't lead the team when they needed him the most and get past even the weaker teams, it spoke volumes.
Actions speak louder than words. Dak threw the ball into the ground on 4th down.
He doesn't show up when the Cowboys need him to lead.
He simply is along for the ride when they beat up the weak teams.
Dak is like that prize fighter who has a 10-0 record but has only fought a bunch of tomatoes cans. Nobody cares if he throws for 4900 yards they would rather see him throw some TD passes and make plays that establish the Cowboys as a contender. To be the best you have to beat the best. Those games you mentioned we're all games that Dak had a chance to establish himself and he basically crapped his pants.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Marino sucked and Dilfer was a better QB. Marino never won a superbowl and Dilfer did....

I base SB as a team accomplishment and said as much in my post.

"Cowboys have the pieces to win and it falls to the staff to take all the parts and put them together to play as a team, especially in critical moments of the games. I don't remove any blame on Dak nor do I remove blame on any other player who failed to execute or made mistakes that cost the team."

Heck I don't fully agree that QB should be paid as they currently are but it is how the structure of the NFL and how the QB is valued. Wilson has a SB early in his career but having a top rushing team and the legion of boom played a hugh part in that teams success. Drew Brees is great yet has 1 title to his credit? Rodgers on of the best yet 1 title? It does come down to team no matter how great the QB is. Brady gets a lot of credit but when I watch the Pats, I see a well-disciplined team who does not do things to beat themselves

Frozen700

Reaction score
That's what I don't get here. It's literally a place for opinions. And debate. So if you disagree.....just go to insults first instead of showing why YOU think HE is wrong?

o_O

But let it be the other way around. Attacker supports Dak, and he gets insulted.

He and a few other would be calling for a ban, and call him a troll.

#DontpayDak

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Quarterbacks get way too much credit when a team wins and too much blame when they lose. I can give a long list of great QB's who didn't have stellar team results and OTOH, there are multiple pretty mediocre QB's with super bowl rings.

Quite simply, the quarterback position itself is overrated. Its still the most important position on the team but people act like it trumps all the other players AND the coaches. That just simply isn't the case.

Endzoneview

Reaction score
Let's look at this a minute:
Does 8-8 make a team or their quarterback special?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against an Eagles team that was playing 2nd and 3rd Stringers? This was the game that defined Dak Prescott as to whether or not he could carry the team when they needed him.
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Bills?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Saints?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Bears?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Jets?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Patriots?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Vikings?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against any team in contention for a playoff spot?
Stats don't win Super Bowls. Players who show up when their team needs them win Super Bowls.
Dak isn't a leader. Leaders show up when the game- or the season, for that matter- is on the line.
When the Cowboys couldn't beat the Jets or the Eagles to get into the playoffs, it spoke volumes. When Dak couldn't lead the team when they needed him the most and get past even the weaker teams, it spoke volumes.
Actions speak louder than words. Dak threw the ball into the ground on 4th down.
He doesn't show up when the Cowboys need him to lead.
He simply is along for the ride when they beat up the weak teams.

Dak get your sister pregnant? Maybe your dog? Damn Dude, you need a life......

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I agree and it pisses me off to no end that he couldn't make the defense get more turnovers, make the special teams better so they weren't the worst in the league and get Garrett to be a better coach *cough cough kicker cough cough* when the Cowboys needed it.

Records are a team thing not a QB thing.
Keep shaking that tree big dog, maybe an apple will fall off, hit you in your head, and wake you up.. lol
:D

conner01

Reaction score
Yep.
That's why the Cowboys rolled over the competition in 2019.
Dak was killing opposing defenses when the games mattered, wasn't he?
Oh, I'm sorry; it was Dak who was shut down in games that mattered.
It was the Cowboys who couldn't score points or keep drives alive.
It was Dak who was overthrowing those receivers.
Your infactuation is becoming an obsession
Dak is and will be our QB
Get over it

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak get your sister pregnant? Maybe your dog? Damn Dude, you need a life......
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

we used to call him the town drunk....

he has zero credibility and a known troll. he is a drunk or trying to get off the wagon (or is it on the wagon?) and has failed several times. I wish him luck....he recently got out of jail for cheating people, lost his wife (twice) and his kids don't speak to him. All he is got is this board...he got kicked off this other message board because of being a troll, banned....and he went and joined the Vikings board, arguing about anything on that board.....its funny, he used to say and argue that garrett didn't have leadership and not good enough to coach peewee teams, then in his Dak anger/hatred thread he deflected blaming garrett. he actually once argued that Tashard Choice is as good as Emmitt smith.....and in his opinion Kellen Moore was a HOF QB in the making...…..argued vehemently.....

he is a troll, but for his own sake I hope he is off the wagon.....not the way to go through life.

cern

Reaction score
romo and dak had one major thing in common despite the occasional 8=8. they were coached by a bozo and his oc's, with the exception of the highly competent kellen moore. so its really hard to judge either considering the poor coaching under which they served.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
Barry Bonds set all kinds of Individual baseball records, and the Giants still lost..Funny when he left they won like 3 championships in six years.
Stats are nice but winning is nicer.

cern

Reaction score
football is a team sport, but the position of qb is the most important on the team. so it only makes sense to have the best qb you can have.

starfan1

Reaction score
The difference is that Romo was always out there fighting. He never just "laid an egg" when the team needed him. He made some stupid throws and some costly interceptions, but he was still fighting.
Dak just goes along with the team.
You know you should have quit while you were behind.This may be the dumbest statement you have ever made and thats saying alot. oh wait you did tell us you were a viking fan!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
As soon as mahomes gets his deal the market will be at or around 40 a year. Does Dak deserve that. No, he is not a SB winning QB. He will get 35 a year. But the next starting QB up for a contract after mahomes will ask for 40 because it is the market. Not sure who is up next, maybe watson. Or jackson.

Even Jackson or Watson as of now can't ask for Mahomes money.......no Super Bowl. As I've said before, Mahomes contract could very well CAP the rising QB market for a while. Just don't see a team willing to pay their starting QB more w/o a Super Bowl under his belt.