Dak was better than Allen against the Ravens

glimmerman

Reaction score
Imagine if he had another WR and a run game. This run game might be slightly better than last years and the O-Line will gel. I think it will improve as the season goes. If we can find more ways to use players like Luepke and a few others our Offense will be better. But we still can’t stop the run nor get a consistent pass rush. It’s always something.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Allen has the same success in the playoffs as Dak. He's beating the teams he's supposed to (Rudolph, Mac Jones, Skylar Thompson) and losing to every good team.
When you need to tear someone else down to build your guy up, you've already lost. Especially when the comparison is Not even close to apples to apples.

Allen is routinely going toe to toe against the best in the biz (Chiefs/Mahomes) in the playoffs and coming up just short. Did you see the 2021 playoff game (played in Jan of 22)?

Shootout OT loss. Allen goes blow for blow with the current NFL qb standard bearer (Mahomes) in an epic battle. Allen had over 300 passing 4 to, no int. Allen led his team with 68 yards rushing. Next best was Singletary with 10 carries for 26 yards.

(Side note--how in the world did Allen manage to throw like that against a world class defense like KC, without a running game to back him up, in January cold no less?)

Meanwhile last year Dak throws for 87 yards and 2 int (one pick 6) while getting dog walked by the last team in on WC weekend.

Yeah, it's almost identical. The similarities between Allens postseason performances amd Daks are mind blowing. :laugh:

Yobwocs

Reaction score
When you need to tear someone else down to build your guy up, you've already lost. Especially when the comparison is Not even close to apples to apples.

Allen is routinely going toe to toe against the best in the biz (Chiefs/Mahomes) in the playoffs and coming up just short. Did you see the 2021 playoff game (played in Jan of 22)?

Shootout OT loss. Allen goes blow for blow with the current NFL qb standard bearer (Mahomes) in an epic battle. Allen had over 300 passing 4 to, no int. Allen led his team with 68 yards rushing. Next best was Singletary with 10 carries for 26 yards.

(Side note--how in the world did Allen manage to throw like that against a world class defense like KC, without a running game to back him up, in January cold no less?)

Meanwhile last year Dak throws for 87 yards and 2 int (one pick 6) while getting dog walked by the last team in on WC weekend.

Yeah, it's almost identical. The similarities between Allens postseason performances amd Daks are mind blowing. :laugh:
And the 49ers? If Allen has an excuse against the Chiefs, Dak has one against the Niners.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For what it is worth:

XlNjQ5U.png

Sources

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/player/2024/dak-prescott/PRE285723/2024/3/pass
https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/player/2024/josh-allen/ALL529264/2024/4/pass

bottleKids

Reaction score
Yup. Moved the ball better. More offense. Allen at least has a running back and nobody as bad as Guyton has looked in the last 2 games. Tho I'm not writing him off just yet.

Also Dak had an egregious CD fumble and a Guyton holding penalty which offsetted a pass interference we drew at the 2 yard line. It wasn't Dak's fault he had 2 TDs taken off. Allen had a few drops tho but definitely less ineptitude around him overall.

So yup, Dak was better. Explain this away haters.
Additionally, serious question, if you do do a 1:1 swap for Dak and Allen would you, if you were the GM, say yes or no?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yup. Moved the ball better. More offense. Allen at least has a running back and nobody as bad as Guyton has looked in the last 2 games. Tho I'm not writing him off just yet.

Also Dak had an egregious CD fumble and a Guyton holding penalty which offsetted a pass interference we drew at the 2 yard line. It wasn't Dak's fault he had 2 TDs taken off. Allen had a few drops tho but definitely less ineptitude around him overall.

first half or second half?

DFWJC

Reaction score

Andy Dalton was as good or better than Patrik Mahomes vs the Bengals.

It must mean something

DFWJC

Reaction score
Wow, never looked at that way. I wonder if the Bills would trade us Allen for Dak, straight up. What ya think? Obvisiouly the Bills would be getting the better QB as highlighted in the 4th Q of a game against a common foe.
:muttley:

32 out of 32 GMs would take Allen.

There's 3-4 male posters in this forum that would have Dak's child if they could.

Almost every day, almost every thread they start, is propping up Dak.
I say that and I've never been one to really bash him. But it's a bit over the top

Last edited:

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Dak is going to have to be even better than Goff was last night. But it's not all Dak nor should it be. You look at Detroit's offense last night and see how smooth it was. That's receivers and play calling. guys. If anybody in here putting it all on :+"Super" Dak. Obviously, you don't know anything about football....

NFCBeasts

Reaction score

I hope so. He is the highest paid player in nfl history …. shouldn’t we expect this ?

BoysForLife

Reaction score
And the 49ers? If Allen has an excuse against the Chiefs, Dak has one against the Niners.
Allen has gone toe to toe with the Mahomes chiefs 3 times (twice they eventually hoisted a Lombardi, the other they barely lost the AFC CC)

In those 3 combined games Allen was was 65% completions for 802 yards (268 yards per game) for 7 TD and 1 INT. He also led his team in rushing all 3 games averaging 7.6 ypc and 76 yards per game rushing.

Dak against SF twice (a team that hasn't won a Lombardi since the mid 90s)
57% completion for 460 yards (230 per game). 2 td, 3 int. 49 rushing (25 per game)

In the end all that matters are wins and losses. But putting your team on your back and coming up just short vs the eventual champs vs stinking the joint up against a lesser team than KC isn't the same and we all know it.

Like I said, if your only defense for Dak is tearing someone else down you've already lost

If you can't defend Dakota on his own merits, then find another cause. This is a losing issue for you. Allen is far from perfect but under the bright lights he's been light years ahead of Dak and it isn't close. You're the only person here who isn't willing to concede the obvious

CWR

Reaction score
Honestly while the Cowboys do not have good weapons, the Bills weapons are dreadful. I honestly think without Allen the Bills are competing for the number 1 pick in the draft. The Cowboys at least have enough talented players that, barring injuries, they are not going to be in that position.
Maybe, kind of. The RB is a stud, and they have Kincaid. Shakir is under rated in the slot and Coleman I'm pretty sure is a second round rook.

I wouldn't say they don't have weapons. They have potential which may or may not develop.

Think of the Texans before Nico and Tank blew up last year.

CWR

Reaction score
That is like saying drowning is better than being burnt at the stake. Both are horrible ways to go.

Both were losses and neither team looked good. No reason to sugarcoat anything. Just move on to the next game.

The Cowboys performance versus the Ravens has been discussed ad nausum. Why bother revisiting this? Did it make you feel better?
No really, drowning is way better lol.